State Association 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears beat Aspley by 9 points in a nailbiter. We were down by 3 points with less than 2 minutes to go and Tim Plummer took two huge pack marks to kick the last two goals of the match. Unbelievable finish.

So Jade Rawlings plays for yeronga now? Good for them I guess. Seems like it was the weekend for ring-ins then. Anyone know how long until Aspley can't play their top level guys on permit? They had a bye yesterday so we were stuck playing four of them.

Aspleys top level players dont seem to be doing much...aspley 0-4....on the bottom??

how many games is rawlings ganna play???

Bears beat Aspley by 9 points in a nailbiter. We were down by 3 points with less than 2 minutes to go and Tim Plummer took two huge pack marks to kick the last two goals of the match. Unbelievable finish.

So Jade Rawlings plays for yeronga now? Good for them I guess. Seems like it was the weekend for ring-ins then. Anyone know how long until Aspley can't play their top level guys on permit? They had a bye yesterday so we were stuck playing four of them.

June 30 is the cut off for final lists Bear. There are about a half dozen guys who'd have to be cut anyway. The bye made no difference to personnel. The issue is whether the guys that end up being cut want to hang around and play Assoc for the remainder of the season and try their luck next year.

Was definitely a nail biter. Then again, all of Aspley's games have been. Discipline needs to be worked on. I've not seen a side 0-4 with a better percentage than this in any grade of football ever before - over 91%. When discipline and concentration improves, they'll be a force at this level. Their last quarter six goal blitz (when the Bears' coach expected a punch on) is testament to that.

Predications for this week Bear?
another big game but I see your down Beenleigh way? whats the go with your ground?

Predications for this week Bear?
another big game but I see your down Beenleigh way? whats the go with your ground?

Kenmore, yeronga, hornets, uq, caloundra. Bears have a very good side in this week, although we are still 4 or 5 players short or our best 22.

We're not allowed to play there cos the ground is too hard. :(

tips for this weekend anyone??

Hornets- Hopefuly they can beat robina..
Alex - Play good at alex hills
Wynumm - Just cos i dont rate uni to be honest..
Caloundra - will brush aside kedron
Cooparoo - Seem to have got their team back..

What is the deal with aspley? havent won a game but never lose by more than a couple of goals

A potentially very good team that has been badly coached for too many years. Adam Holland has brought them to the point where they are very competitive. their two last hurdles are mental - belief and discipline.

Those that have played Aspley should agree that at times, they play premiership footy. Too many 50m penalties given away (including the one that gave Alex Hills the game by a point in the last minute) and too many lapses.

Once they pull it together, they will be very hard to beat. They just have to keep hold of personnel in the meantime. 0 and 5 with over 91% is unheard of and very disheartening.

After a third of the season completed, the top 3 sits as:
Caloundra
Alex Hills
UQ

Are these the top 3 teams and the most likely contenders for the flag???

After a third of the season completed, the top 3 sits as:
Caloundra
Alex Hills
UQ

Are these the top 3 teams and the most likely contenders for the flag???[/quote

Good win today by caloundra, but only low point of the day was no50 from aspley headbutting, then kicking, then punching a caloundra player on the ground after the final siren, he has 5 weeks already with the kicking charge sent straight to the tribunal, worst thing I have seen in years, lets see if mr tucker wants to help this bloke, kicking should get a year.

Agreed...Not much chat about the comp this year...

heres some questions...

Caloundra must be favourites for back to back??
Who will be there challenger???

Cooparoo up and down??
Uni forwards kicking big bags...new player??
Did we under rate Alex hills??
and what happened to wynumm....

Gotta feel for robina atm, they have lost all there games by a kick or less except 1 game. They are definetly a better team than ladder position suggests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Everyone

I’m currently living in Brisbane and plan on moving to the gold coast December/January, I’m 23 and originally from Adelaide, Played out at Nth Adelaide F.C U/17s & U/19s (SANFL) and then went on to play in the Division 1 amateur League. I haven’t played footy in 2 years and am looking to get back into it next year. Only thing is I’m not to sure how to go about it and what clubs, league etc. If someone could get back to me I would greatly appreciate it cheers.

Agreed...Not much chat about the comp this year...

heres some questions...

Caloundra must be favourites for back to back??
Who will be there challenger???

Cooparoo up and down??
Uni forwards kicking big bags...new player??
Did we under rate Alex hills??
and what happened to wynumm....

Google10 alot has happened since your post Uni still travelling OK, Caloundra beaten easily by both Uni & Kings over the last few weeks. Alex on top after Round 7 now sitting 4th and sliding, Wynnum have strung a few wins together over the last 4 weeks & improving week by week still a lot footy to be played out. My tip is the Kings for the flag well coached & with the addition of Cleary & Savage from Mt Gravatt in the last two weeks will be hard to beat especially with Morrison back soon from overseas.

i popped down for the last 1/4 of caloundra and robina and witnessed the goal umpire from robina pay at least 3 goals ( i was right behind him) points in what i think is nothing short of disgraceful. 1 goal he paid a point and the field ump overruled him and paid a goal. it was clear cheating and the fella should never do the job again it was just terrible:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

i popped down for the last 1/4 of caloundra and robina and witnessed the goal umpire from robina pay at least 3 goals ( i was right behind him) points in what i think is nothing short of disgraceful. 1 goal he paid a point and the field ump overruled him and paid a goal. it was clear cheating and the fella should never do the job again it was just terrible:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
common knowledge in div 2 over the past few years. Been doing it for a while. Their players occasionally apologise for it after the games.

Cant be cheating as the goal umpire was paying goals to caloundra and he was from robina.

Cant be cheating as the goal umpire was paying goals to caloundra and he was from robina.

what im talking about is the goal ump from robina paid what should of been 3 goals to caloundra points which is just bullshit and i told him just that and he gave me a little wink and a smile. this comp should have official goal umpires as this crap should not be on!!!

what im talking about is the goal ump from robina paid what should of been 3 goals to caloundra points which is just bullshit and i told him just that and he gave me a little wink and a smile. this comp should have official goal umpires as this crap should not be on!!!
Sorry took it the wrong way, yes he does like to make sure robina stay in the game.

Well thats absolute crap if true and Robina are a shit club if they knowingly allow it to happen and obviously the bloke is full of quality as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back