Re: VFL and State Leagues

Frankston 2010 Guernsey

Home
frankstonhome2010.png

Away
frankstonaway2010.png

Now try Casey :p

Haha well done PaulieG, I have also done all the WAFL team's current jumpers on a Sekem template that I will upload if anyone wants it.

Just a few inaccuracies I picked up on:

There are only 2 blue stripes on the back of EF's strip; and the "SHARKS" is written in Berthold City Bold font (the font used in most of the team logos)

Perth wear white shorts with their alternate strip (against PT, SD, S & C i believe).

The Mighty Subi Lions don't have a lion on the neck anymore; the collar & cuffs design on the home is also on the night/clash strip; and the SFC monogram on the home jumper has a thin white "shadow". I have a large bmp image of the SFC monogram if you would like it.

And I'm not sure if you've heard, but Claremont have a new design for 2010, which incorporates the famous gold sash with a navy new-style Carlton monogram inside it.
1843777558.jpg

I wish WAFL clubs would try and stay still for a moment and consider their heritage. Why do they feel the need to constantly change the designs of their guernseys? That is East Fremantles third guernsey change in the past 30 or so years. Peel changed a perfectly reasonable design and stuffed it. Subiaco have changed theirs as well, for no reasonable effect.

Do they think that change will bring in new support? Really? I'm just pleased the the Demons haven't changed their home guernsey, although I'm concerned that they will seek to do so in the near future.

West Perth - not a major change but what is the point of a sash unless it goes all the way round? :(

As for the Claremont one; words cannot describe. A jumper designed by a committe that couldn't make up its mind. Jeezus. :(

SANFL JUMPER DESCRIPTION
Central District -- think of the Adelaide Crows home jumper but with red, white and blue stripes and blue up top.
Glenelg -- see Richmond
West Adelaide -- see Essendon
Sturt -- predominantly light blue with a navy blue 'SFC' symbol
South Adelaide -- see Carlton, but with SA in middle instead
Port Adelaide -- the prison bars most know of already
Norwood -- think Melbourne's home strip but remove the red up top
Woodville-West Torrens -- they have a new one, predominantly gold with singular blue and green horizontal stripes and an Eagle symbol over the top
North Adelaide -- Sydney's heritage jumper with the V on it, but reverse the colours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL JUMPER DESCRIPTION
Central District -- think of the Adelaide Crows home jumper but with red, white and blue stripes and blue up top.
Glenelg -- see Richmond
West Adelaide -- see Essendon
Sturt -- predominantly light blue with a navy blue 'SFC' symbol
South Adelaide -- see Carlton, but with SA in middle instead
Port Adelaide -- the prison bars most know of already
Norwood -- think Melbourne's home strip but remove the red up top
Woodville-West Torrens -- they have a new one, predominantly gold with singular blue and green horizontal stripes and an Eagle symbol over the top
North Adelaide -- Sydney's heritage jumper with the V on it, but reverse the colours

81px-Central_Bulldogs_Jumper.svg.png
Central Districts

81px-Glenelg_Tigers_Jumper.svg.png
Glenelg

81px-North_Adelaide_Roosters_Jumper.svg.png
North Adelaide

81px-Norwood_Redlegs_Jumper.svg.png
Norwood

81px-Port_Adelaide_Magpies_Jumper.svg.png
Port Magpies

81px-South_Adelaide_Panthers_Jumper.svg.png
South Adelaide

81px-Sturt_Double_Blues_Jumper.svg.png
Sturt

81px-West_Adelaide_Bloods_Jumper.svg.png
West Adelaide

81px-Woodville_West_Torrens_Eagles_Jumper.svg.png
Woodville West Torrens

Source

Sorry for the 5 day bump, but this thread needs to stay near the top.

Anyway, some of those are incorrect, since they're a bit outdated. The gold coast one is completely made up and they haven't decided on a final design yet. Many of them are also basic outlines of the design that are slightly innaccurate (for example the port melbourne strip has more stripes than the one wikipedia lists)

Some guy called Saeibhar :)confused:) on a scalable vector graphic v-neck template.
I can remember a couple of years back when the Mero guernseys were Wiki and one guy (called Sge IIRC) had uploaded all the correct sponsors onto the guernseys. There was some stupid Wiki war I think and they were all taken down for copyright infringement to do with the logos or something like that.

When did perth drop the red cuffs?

Also I watched the swans game on the weekend (good to see the cardies get one up, though not as good as seeing the tiges romp in the % against peel) and with their new bhp sponsorship their jumper is almost entirely black.

also- how much is the bhp sponsorship, I know its a partnership for football development in sd's norther zone but vaguely remeber it also being for lots of $. anyone...

When did perth drop the red cuffs?

They dropped the red cuffs when the WESTAR Rules debacle came in 1997 and reinvented most teams' strips with the freedom that came with printed polyester. The Demons wore red and black vertical stripes under a V-stape formed by the demon head, IIRC.
Subi wore that horrible half-navy design that tricked everyone into thinking we had merged with Claremont; and the Tigers wore this same design, with the CFC monogram.
Swans had a very Port Magpies-like prison bar strip, only with black collars/cuffs and no white back piece; whilst the Bulldogs controversially inverted their red V on white to resemble North Adelaide.
Finally, new kids on the block Peel Chunder sported a 4-colour lightning bolt (in vogue, apparently) arrangement, including orange numbers :eek:
(I can't remember EP or WP changing their guernsey during this period, but I believe this was when Sharks converted to their current design - which is respectable)

Thankfully this phase only lasted 2-3 years, and most order was restored by the turn of the century :thumbsu:

(well, that turned into a bit of a history lesson for y'all)

funny, i dont remember claremont changing our jumper, though i do remember that claremont juniors wore the subi design with the cfc. are you sure about that. i remember the other designs quite well, that thunder top was terrible (and still is somewhat).

Really wish claremont would drop the cfc and go with the sash by itself. it looks too cluttered atm.

And the VFL:

81px-Bendigo_Bombers_Jumper.svg.png
Bendigo

81px-Box_Hill_Hawks_Jumper.svg.png
Box Hill

81px-Casey_Scorpions_Jumper.svg.png
Casey

81px-Coburg_Tigers_Jumper.svg.png
Coburg

81px-Collingwood_Magpies_Jumper.svg.png
Collingwood

81px-Frankston_Dolphins_Jumper.svg.png
Frankston

81px-Geelong_Cats_Jumper.svg.png
Geelong

81px-Gold_Coast_Jumper.svg.png
Gold Coast

81px-Northern_Bullants_Jumper.svg.png
Northern Bullants

81px-North_Ballarat_Roosters_Jumper.svg.png
North Ballarat

81px-Port_Melbourne_Borough_Jumper.svg.png
Port Melbourne

81px-Sandringham_Zebras_Jumper.svg.png
Sandringham

81px-Werribee_Tigers_Jumper.svg.png
Werribee

81px-Williamstown_Seagulls_Jumper.svg.png
Williamstown

Source

North Ballarat should tell Collingwood that they are the only club that is allowed black and white in the VFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back