Glenferrie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hull City AFC
Vote for him!!!!

Search for the next Bronze Aussie

600x400_AFL_gall_chief_04-600x400.jpg

I can't believe that Gary 'Drug Overdose' Ablett is winning.....

And plugger at a close second.....

".....He said he felt ashamed of his playing career, describing himself as a "thug who could play a bit" and cited outside interests as the reason for his non-involvement in the game."

The Chief is the only one who has made a solid contribution to the football community both during and after his playing career.

Not only that - his playing record is without doubt the most solid of the lot of them.

The Chief is the only one who has made a solid contribution to the football community both during and after his playing career.

Not only that - his playing record is without doubt the most solid of the lot of them.

Yeah, well all I can say is not everyone supports the Hawks, and not everyone can see the bigger picture ... people sticking up for Akermanis over the Bulldogs is ample proof of that.

The trouble with football supporters are that many people's views are distorted due to club loyalty. I know I am guilty of that myself from time to time.

Yes, Lockett and Ablett were wonderful players, but the story starts and stops there. As you say, Dunstall's contribution to football both on and off the field is well documented.

The other argument I've used in any Lockett/Ablett/Dunstall debate is the first two were richly gifted players who found the game easy at a very young age, whereas Dunstall had relatively modest ability but turned in a superstar through sheer hard work and perseverance. Dunstall was the pioneer of the term "forward line pressure". Whilst Lockett and Ablett were standing back watching, Dunstall was chasing down opponents.

Three great players, but oh, so different.

Mike mentioned the plan is to have up to two dozen around the G - from all sports.

Perhaps a section could be put aside for the larrikin types: Warne, Carey, Ablett.

We already have lethal so we shouldnt be greedy.

also there is the future to consider - soccer players etc (when we win the world cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Statue of the Chief!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back