Roast Stephen Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilly cops a lot of flack because of his potential and peoples fear of him not reaching it. Who is the player from the last decade we expect him to be like?? Is McLeod the only one - how much did he play on ball early in his career? I was overseas most of that time and he was used at half back when I saw him.

Stephen is definately worth persisiting with as he does have both the pace and the skill to become and AFL star. His confidence has been down since the knee injury and he struggles to deal with a tag.

He is often criticised for being a soft seagull who reaches into packs as he is afraid of getting hurt.

He just needs to work on his game, disposals and body strength a bit more.

His decision making under pressure lets him down and he often lacks awareness.

His tackling and chasing can often be described as "half-arsed" and he tends to give up too easily when he is having a bad game.

Ross Lyon admitted to playing him out of position last week as he is an inside mid and not an outside one.

Brad Hardy said that "If I was Stephen Hill I would spend all day at Sandi's feet. That way you are guaranteed to get a lot of the ball."

[YOUTUBE]12Xivb5GV-A[/YOUTUBE]

With Mundy back Hill should get the freedom and space he needs to do more of this! And just as a side note, how freakin good was barlow's handball to set up Hill's run in this video?

LOL i was just thinking "Who was that mastermind that handballed to Hilly!"

Great combinations within teams win games and that right there is a perfect example.

People ask why I'm so optimistic about Freo performing much better this year and I just don't know how they can't see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another game for Hill another game where he is comprehensively tagged out of the game. Had 5 touches to half time in a game that was played in the midfield.

Did not lay a tackle for the entire game.

You guys keep talking about good this guy could be - he dissappoints week after week.

I hate to bag Stephen cause it's only a matter of time until he tears opposition teams apart, but we are looking at yet another dismal performance coming up as no doubt clint jones will be assigned to him this week. So we can expect more of the same
:(

I dunno that rundown in the Hawks forward line showed an almost comical lack of awareness.
Lions you mean? Yeah, agreed. When he ran away from that clearance, I thought "beauty, he's on". Then he got tackled. Didn't see that much of him for the rest of the game.

I don't think he was assisted by lack of movement from our dysfunctional forwards that don't demand the ball, but it was a bad look.

Could play him forward to nullify the heavy tags, instead of leaving him in the middle to go cold.
Hill on a fast lead would be interesting, his cousin who is reportedly a crab is looking dangerous for WC, Peter Matera was also used at full forward.
A five minute burst in the forward line, swapping positions with Ballentyne, or Neale could be interesting.

Lions you mean? Yeah, agreed. When he ran away from that clearance, I thought "beauty, he's on". Then he got tackled. Didn't see that much of him for the rest of the game.

I don't think he was assisted by lack of movement from our dysfunctional forwards that don't demand the ball, but it was a bad look.

the error was so glaring because he ran past the guy who tackled him about 2 seconds prior. He should have known the guy was on his hammer, but just seemed to forget and got piledrived into the turf for his mistake.

I'd suggest Hill in the forward line but he is terrible above his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Stephen Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back