Steven Salopek?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Roo

Debutant
Oct 5, 2006
Arden Street Forever
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide's Steven Salopek has told the club he wants to return to Melbourne. I think we should seriously look at him. He is 25, and his best is very good, and we do lack midfielders in his age bracket.

Possible trades (with me trying to put my feet in Port's shoes):
Ed Lower and 2nd round pick for Salopek.
Straight swap with Lindsay Thomas.

Port Adelaide's Steven Salopek has told the club he wants to return to Melbourne. I think we should seriously look at him. He is 25, and his best is very good, and we do lack midfielders in his age bracket.

Don't know if the Lower deal would get the job done and Port already have forward crumbing players.

If we could orchestrate a deal with a third club to get a pick that would satsify Port, then it could work. Would hate to let Thomas go cheaply though as he should by rights be moving into his best footy years.

Salopek's value would have dropped a little bit lately, especially due to his bung shoulder. But if he can keep on the park, he would definately be the type of midfielder that would add value.

The past 2nd and 3rd round draft selections by North in the last 2 years are >> Salopek. I'd keep our picks and players. Would only do something if he came out and said ''I want to be at North''

I am sure the Bombers will be throwing money at anyone that looks like they could remotely play in the midfield.

Yep, and I suspect that his manager would already have read the tea leaves on that one. If we wanted him we'd be in a bidding war, and there's no way I'd want us paying over the odds for any prospective trades.

lol no chance on either suggested trade. Would want a 1st round pick and neither ed nor lindsay are anywhere near that. Hes a gun at his best

Is Lindsay leaving? If not, why the **** is he the first name thrown up for a trade. Especially for a 25yo who is lucky to get on the park a dozen times a year.

He can play but will be overpriced given his injury history.

Is Lindsay leaving? If not, why the **** is he the first name thrown up for a trade. Especially for a 25yo who is lucky to get on the park a dozen times a year.

Mate, it's frustrating but it looks like we will never be able to avoid hearing the drivel from the LT knockers. They are in the same class as the Hansen knockers, and the peculiar few who were heavily critical of the coach and his game plan after a handful of games. All fall into the broad category of "Shit Judges of Football".

Salopek: I was keen last year, but another year older without another year's development, still cruelled by chronic injury, well ... though he's class at his best, so would take him if cheap (but he won't be).

Mate, it's frustrating but it looks like we will never be able to avoid hearing the drivel from the LT knockers. They are in the same class as the Hansen knockers, and the peculiar few who were heavily critical of the coach and his game plan after a handful of games. All fall into the broad category of "Shit Judges of Football".

Salopek: I was keen last year, but another year older without another year's development, still cruelled by chronic injury, well ... though he's class at his best, so would take him if cheap (but he won't be).

Wello said LtK, and your feelings re. Salopek sum up my own. Twelve months ago I would've sold my first born (who hasn't arrived......yet) for the lad, but given his continued shoulder issues, nup.

The only reason I put Lindsays name up is because he is South Australian and would have half decent trade value. Remember, I said I was thinking from a Port Adelaide point of view. I was going to add Levi to the list but I couldnt bring myself to do it. Love the man too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Power ver 2.0

News to me.

Source?

Money shot right there.

It's a family forum so I'll refrain from posting a pic.

Medium paced not overly skilled midfielder. Doesn't add anything more than depth to our side and has shoulders as fragile as Akka's hamstrings.

Has never quite reached the lofty heights anticipated by Port supporters, if they got LT in a trade for him they would be ecstatic I'd think. I suspect it'd work as well for us as the John Hay trade.

Not a player you'd enter a bidding war for (other than to push the price up that Essendum pay for him).

Medium paced not overly skilled midfielder.

Great decision maker and potent by foot. Has been utterly wasted by the Chocolate regime who have been determined to turn him into the Luke Hodge QB that became all the rage after the 2008 GF.

Has never quite reached the lofty heights anticipated by Port supporters, if they got LT in a trade for him they would be ecstatic I'd think.

If by ecstatic you mean 'will head straight to Bunnings for a length of rope to hang off the Birkenhead', sure. Another inconsistent small-tall forward for a potentially elite inside midfielder? WHERE DO WE SIGN???!!!11

Was easily on course for our B&F before coming undone again.

Yep, and I suspect that his manager would already have read the tea leaves on that one. If we wanted him we'd be in a bidding war, and there's no way I'd want us paying over the odds for any prospective trades.

Last bidding war we got into was... Hay. That turned out well.

If by ecstatic you mean 'will head straight to Bunnings for a length of rope to hang off the Birkenhead', sure. Another inconsistent small-tall forward for a potentially elite inside midfielder? WHERE DO WE SIGN???!!!11

I can play this game to!

Why would we want to trade a potentially elite small forward/midfielder who is capable of 7 goal hauls on one leg for an injury prone back flanker? :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven Salopek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back