Stevens Having a Knee operation

Remove this Banner Ad

funkycol

Rookie
Jul 14, 2003
Other Teams
Port Adelaide.....anyone really
Heard Nick Stevns is havin Knee surgery tomorrow, and will miss the next 3-4 weeks... just a clean up apperantly, but will be back this yr..

Well ****. Top spot is a hard job now. Now I reckon we know what Choco's been going about with his `who's fit come round 22' schtick.

Gee, how's our midfield looking... No Francou, No Burgoyne, No Stevens. Luckily Ebert, Hall & Koula are all still knocking on the door of selection. Rog & Carry better both have another good game this week.

Bad luck for the lad.

these injuries just seeem to come out of nowhere.

I guess Hawks are missing Everitt Holland and Barker which goes close to evening but the injuries

You will still get top spot due to your relatively easy draw I would have thought.

Melbourne and Carlton at home - certain wins
Hawks away - proably win
Richmond away - probably win

17 will be enough for top spot

According to a couple of news services I saw, it's an arthroscopy, likely to miss 2 weeks. Nice freshener up for him before the finals - he's carried a couple of nasty corkies this year and the knee has been sore for a couple of weeks. When he comes back they might give Rog a couple of games off to rest that groin b4 the finals.

There's supposed to be some doubt over Monty and Wakelin too, but that could just be news talk. Gives them a chance to run Hall, Ebert, maybe even White tho ...

Originally posted by Eago77
Gee, how's our midfield looking... No Francou, No Burgoyne, No Stevens. Luckily Ebert, Hall & Koula are all still knocking on the door of selection. Rog & Carry better both have another good game this week.

I actually think it's looking quite good for the longer term:
- Stevens will miss 2-3 weeks and should come back with more run and agility.
- Senior Burger will be back next week.
- Cassisi gets more match time
- K Cornes will be better for the run first game back
- Guerra will be in the side

Players like Salopek, Ebert, Hall & Koula may well get their chances over the next few weeks but at the same time the best side should be coming together for the right time of the year.

As we all know it's September where we have to make it count in 2003.

One good thing is that the Guru will still be in the side. I'm liking the side with Poults & Guru in it rather than Dimma & Kingsley, anyone agree?

DK, just on a side note PB wont be back untill the week after next.

One good thing is that the Guru will still be in the side. I'm liking the side with Poults & Guru in it rather than Dimma & Kingsley, anyone agree?

DK, just on a side note PB wont be back untill the week after next.

I certainly think Poults has certainly put some pressure on anyone looking to replace him and hopefully Guerra can do the same this week.

As for PB........oh well us humans can't always be right and it just gives someone else another week in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As said before.. Nick's clean up could only be a good thing in the long run. He hasn't been looking nearly as dominant as he had before the break, this time off will really get him going before the finals. At least it's only the Hawthorn and Carlton games he's missing (bummer, don't get to see him in the black and white - although we might be seeing that next year anyway :( )
Poults and Guru have really impressed me the last 2 weeks, I'm sure they'll use the next few games to try and cement a spot in the 22 for the finals.
It would be great to see Ebert, Hall, Koula and Salopek get a run, being in Vic I haven't really had a chance to see them play (mainly the first 3)
The next few games will be a real test for our midfield.. it'll be interesting to see how they go!

Of course, this also wrecks his Brownlow chances - no 3 voters against Hawks and Blues. He usually does OK against them.

Have to agree. But while I wouldn't be too bothered if Mark brought Kingsley back I'd have a few reservations about Dimma. Still both would be definite members of our first 22, but I'd prefer a bench start.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

Ebert.

It's time for the second coming.

Originally posted by Porthos
Of course, this also wrecks his Brownlow chances - no 3 voters against Hawks and Blues. He usually does OK against them.

On the other hand means Gav will take even more of the workload and for my money looks as much a certainty for the Brownlow as you can get.

Voss Bucks Roo and Crawford fighting it out for second

Originally posted by Eddie Woloschek
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

Ebert.

I too believe it is time. Only got to see the second half of the Port-West game but even just on that you think he'd get a call up. Took numerous contested marks and kicked two goals, one from way outside 50m. On the Port-West game, Koula looked decidedly average in the second half.

On second thought i need Koula &/or White to play this week so i get some points in the debut game.

yeh well Ebert has to come in now..he is playing that well, and he does everything rite, he is going to be a star!!! Chris Hall goes ok, but he refuses to stand anyone, at South he gets 25-30 evry week, but his man gets just as much, and at A.F.L there just going to expose him... Koula i dunno, is he good enough, he has been there a long time for little result, be good if he could but i just doubt he has the all round game to make the next level. Salapek is going to be the next Nick Stevens, but he is a kid, and just needs time..surely they wouldnt trade him!!! The other young laad who is starting to go ok, is Joel Patful at norwood, he an take a huge grab, and just needas to get a bit bigger and stronger and he could be a star in time....

Ebert.

Isn't there a Paver in front of HQ referring to that verse?

Ebert.

Although it would be kind of fitting if his first game in the AFL was at Footy Park in the 'traditional' Port Adelaide guernsey ...

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
Although it would be kind of fitting if his first game in the AFL was at Footy Park in the 'traditional' Port Adelaide guernsey ...

Yep that is my thoughts too... bring in Salopek this week to cover Stevens and then bring Ebert in the week after.

SKC

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevens Having a Knee operation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back