Rumour Stewie Dew Not Popular

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute BS!!!!

I own a business on the Gold Coast which is often visited by the players.

Have not heard anything but good things about Dew.

On the other hand there were quite a few players happy to see Rocket get the chop.
That makes sense - Swans players were glowing about Dew, Eade may not last beyond this year at local league level. He's a screamer, very old school.

I posted this a while ago. Now the off season is in swing and the exodus has happened I reiterate what I heard. The axing of Lyons is an example of this also.
Dew will need to tone down his attitude or lose more players next year.
That's complete rubbish mate Lyons has big off field issues club had no other choice but to axe him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not saying he is Pablo Escobar, but is definitely a part of the party scene.

If you look at his history over the past couple of years (traded for peanuts by Crows, statistically one of Suns best players yet kept getting dropped, then delisted after trade period with a year to run on his contract), dont see why it seems so implausible

If you look at his history over the past couple of years (traded for peanuts by Crows, statistically one of Suns best players yet kept getting dropped, then delisted after trade period with a year to run on his contract), dont see why it seems so implausible
Wouldn’t be the first player in the GC list to be selling and using party drugs, FFS their CEO was on it.

But I call BS regardless , there would had been a fair bit of noise beforehand for him to be delisted for that.

That's complete rubbish mate Lyons has big off field issues club had no other choice but to axe him
Yeah right. I was told about Dew and his attitude problem and him alienating players well before Lyons left. He played at the Crows for years and is a golden boy. He is about as square as you can get.
How about you just admit I was right about the player exodus, and am most likely right about the other part of it as well.

The drop off from Suns fans in this thread who were claiming him to be the messiah has been noticeable.
I have no personal connections so have no idea whether Dew is liked or not.
It does seem though that there is a significant proportion of the playing group who think he is fantastic.

It seems he is very clear about what he expects and if you aren't meeting that, or doing your best to get there you won't be persisted with. We have heard a number of times this year was about determining who was fully invested and moving forward with this group.
A number of talented players who can be productive onfield were intentionally moved on this trade season Scrimshaw, KK, Hall, Lyons.

He may well be divisive with this approach.. but if it is turning off the guys who aren't committed to the process is this necessarily a bad thing? I'm not sure.

I think the reason is a purely footy reason. The knock on him is he has poor endurance and is useless on the outside. You can only have so many inside crabs in your side.

I find it very hard to believe Brisbane would offer him a 3 year deal if everybody knows he is a drug dealer.

The thing with Dew is that he could be great or terrible. No one succeed at GC so hard to say
I tend to agree.
I think the GC problems go far deeper than whoever is/was coach.
I remember people in the media (e.g. hutchie) were very critical of Rocket Eade and spoke about Dew as being the great messiah and how he was 'well regarded' in the industry and all that crap. The reality is Rocket managed 6 wins in 2016 and 2017. Dew only managed 4.
So i think Eade was unfairly tarnished really. Especially when the Suns had shocking facilities back then.
But seriously how can we ever tell?
The reality is - it aint the coach up there. Troubles go much much deeper.

I tend to agree.
I think the GC problems go far deeper than whoever is/was coach.
I remember people in the media (e.g. hutchie) were very critical of Rocket Eade and spoke about Dew as being the great messiah and how he was 'well regarded' in the industry and all that crap. The reality is Rocket managed 6 wins in 2016 and 2017. Dew only managed 4.
So i think Eade was unfairly tarnished really. Especially when the Suns had shocking facilities back then.
But seriously how can we ever tell?
The reality is - it aint the coach up there. Troubles go much much deeper.

We also spent the first 11 weeks or whatever it was on the road this year
by the end of the year had 23 fit players
Best player played 10 games instead of 19 and 22
Didn't have Ablett as opposed to the previous years (albeit limited)

So not sure can really compare win totals.

Agree that the coach has not been the main issue.
Time will tell with Dew will need at least 3 years to make any kind of decent mark on the place.
I don't know what his contract is but assuming he got a reasonable number of years.
In combination with a decent front office, hopefully will set the course straight for the first time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stewie Dew Not Popular

Remove this Banner Ad

Back