STIFFMEISTER Out - What do I do Here (Currently 59 overall)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker21

Senior List
Jun 12, 2004
www.footytrends.com
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
OK I have been improving each week and now have reached a season high 59 after this week jumping 70 spots.

Have been trying to keep my remaining trades for injuries but looks like the time has come to use one?

Scored 2400 last week with Ablett and Porps on my pine.

Trades Left : 4

Cash : $188,900

Current Side:

Backs: Milburn, Newman, Johncock, Gilbee, Bock, Mattner, Bradshaw (Myers, Proud)

Midfield: Cross, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Stanton, Griffen, Cotchin (Ablett, Browne)

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands, (Kreuzer, Meesen)

Forwards: Pavlich, O Keefe, Franklin, J Brown, Porplyzia, B Johnson, Rioli (Valenti, Morton)

Ok so this week Johncock is out (anyone have any idea how long they will drop him for??) I have no replacements Myers still injured.

Ok so options here take a 0 or use one the 4 trades either trade him outright or have though downgrade Myers to Head from Freo as a Backup.

So to do this I want to make sure Stiffy will definately be coming back this year? And also is Head looking like he will definately play out the year for Freo as a good backup?

Others in Red this week have conerns over playing, Mitchell is very uncertain at the moment, if he doesnt play no backups there while Ablett is out either.

Up forward seems like Porps will play but drop alot of cash with a breakeven of 199, and O Keefe in a little doubt. If one doesnt play thats ok Valenti will backup there.

Ok with this all said, do I use a trade on Myers to Head seeming like the most logical option or can anybody see any better way of planning ahead?

Hey crawf,

The Myers downgrade is the option to go for. Either to Head or McKenzie from WCE, both should be pretty safe inclusions for the remainder of the year in struggling teams as long as they avoid injury.

If Stiffy is healthy, I'd imagine he'd be back next week given the Crows are still in finals contention despite their recent form.

That'd leave you with 3 trades, 360k and still a bit of flexibility in your moves in the run home.

EDIT: Just saw http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468802.

Given it's unknown how long Stiffy is out for, but it does seem to imply it'll be more than one, I'd be tempted to roll the dice and trade Stiffy. In terms of bang for your buck in elite defenders, you can swap him for the highest averaging backman this year in Pratt for a cost of 45k.

Thanks for the reply deasend.

Think it definitely looks like the way to go, wont pull the trade to last minute in case anyone else has any ideas!

Whats the go with McKenzie notice he is named at Full Back how did he go for his first week guys? Been a little more talk on head and he is going into his third game is he alot more likely to play out season then mckenzie? (as has been mentioned both backs in struggling teams so should get enough of the ball)

Mitchell is a bit of a concern as well without a backup, should be fine in the mids once Ablett is Back.

Another note I have Is I will definitely be needed to use 1 Trade on Cox later on as well which is a bummer and have to remember I will gain more $$ there as well as its going to have to be a downgrade to whoever the next best ruckmen at the time is.

Leaving alot of money for the last 2 injuries / upgrades at the time.

Guess time will only tell if I will make the end of the season with a full 22, been trying to hold of using any trades at all last few weeks

This will cause many Johncock owners plenty of headaches. :(

I can afford for him to be out this week and next week, but cant afford to carry him in the first week of finals :eek:

It sounds like it will be more than one week by all reports.

C'Mon Stiffy, get your act together, dominate the SANFL and be back in 2 weeks time (even if it means returning against my tigers :eek:)

footyfan your right that will cause many johncock owners headaches.

In my situation below I dont mind doing that myers to head trade as long as I know that we are going to see Johncock again soon, dont want to play head all year long.

So im a little unsure if maybe I just Upgrade Johncock to pretty much anyone but may put myself in same situation if someone else up back gos down.

Very very tough one.

Only good thing I can take out of this at the moment is neally everybody above me overall has johncock to so its really just a fight on how many trades people have left to jump up spots now.

The upside of doing a downgrade for Myer to Head/McKenzie instead of upgrading Stiffy is you'll have a backup defence on the bench for finals. That is assuming Stiffy comes back which is highly likely but not certain. Tough call.

BTW one of the best put questions i've read this year.:thumbsu:

Willis, Masterchief thanks for both replies guys.

If Johncock is only out for the 2 weeks this trade will be perfect as mastercheif mentions it is a great backup the way I see it (aslong as it is only that 2 weeks)

It really does show how important these last few trades are now, you value them so much more at this stage of the season and am trying to hold on to each last one where needed.

Interesting Milburn illness rumors popping up now, just what I needed haha.

Havent copped a 0 all year this could be a first.

No, just a rumour at this stage. I heard it on another thread and although theres nothing about it on AFL site or google news they somehow:confused: turn out to be true more often than not.

Please return this week Johnny !!

Had a good game in SANFL from all reports (however as we know, form not only issue)

If not back this week .... Round 19 (Week 1 finals) is a MUST :(

Bloody Johncock might have cost me finals. Was sitting 7th and lost by about 20 points. Me and my opponent both had Johncock but he had Selwood (70 odd) as an emergency whilst I had Tom Collier (6) :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone trade this fool when he missed a couple?

Great move if you did ... been PATHETIC the past 2 weeks.

Neil Craig you idiot ... Johncock is a running back pocket ... not a fricken forward !!!!!

Anyone trade this fool when he missed a couple?

Great move if you did ... been PATHETIC the past 2 weeks.

Neil Craig you idiot ... Johncock is a running back pocket ... not a fricken forward !!!!!

Gees, wish I had the trades to trade him out. I have so many disappointing players in my team at the moment such as Stiffy, ROK, Mcleod, Cornes and still no fricken Chapman.

I will need alot to go right next week starting with all these guys getting 100 or over for me as my opponent has Ablett, Cooney, Bartel, Selwood and Harvey in his midfield amongst others. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back