Storm get the week off

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah i think we really need it this year.

Long year with all the rep footy, recent NZ trip, and almost every player with niggling injuries to worry about. You can also throw in the Inglis distraction a month ago. A week off will be just what they need. It's great that we will have been in Melbourne for a full three weeks too. :thumbsu:

It's on the coaching staff to make sure they dont go in underdone.

I think a week off can go either way, it can be very damaging, it sometimes happens to teams after a bye during the season. Although, this being Storm's 4th prelim final in a row, with us winning all three so far and progressing to the grand final, and missing a week 2/3 times, I think Storm should be ok, as was brought up, 3 weeks in melbourne without travel is a big bonus, and should work in our favour...

I think a week off can go either way, it can be very damaging, it sometimes happens to teams after a bye during the season. Although, this being Storm's 4th prelim final in a row, with us winning all three so far and progressing to the grand final, and missing a week 2/3 times, I think Storm should be ok, as was brought up, 3 weeks in melbourne without travel is a big bonus, and should work in our favour...

Another reason why we need a week off is the fact that we have been in the last three GF's. That is three consistently long years... if any team needs a week off its us. Very similar to Geelong in the AFL re: recent success meaning longer seasons, a few injuries and only just hitting good form..

I heard on Fox News tonight that 9 teams that had a week off during the finals, lost the following week.:eek:

Fox News had a story on NRL? Cool. :p

Out of how many? Remember that would include teams like St George and Cronulla.

Manly have had a week off in the last two seasons IIRC... didn't hurt them. Melbourne had a week off in '07..

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm get the week off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back