NICK THE PIE MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
Who are some strange people that you have seen at the footy and had encounters with?

On Saturday Night at the gabba', there was a guy waiting outside the Male toilets, he was obviously a bit ******ed, and he would go up to everyone coming out asking, "have you washed your hands?"

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
Who are some strange people that you have seen at the footy and had encounters with?

On Saturday Night at the gabba', there was a guy waiting outside the Male toilets, he was obviously a bit ******ed, and he would go up to everyone coming out asking, "have you washed your hands?"

At richmond games theres this big fat guy who is often wearing a singlet and tight shorts right up his bum crack! not a pretty sight..
Other than that we richmond supporters are all Class!!!

I think I have a few words which any Hawthorn fan knows. I'll let someone else talk about this guy.

LIFFFFFFFFFFT HAWTHORN - LIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

The Hitman

Did anyone see the fat bloke who was in the background of a Danny Frawley interview last year?

At the start of the interview, he was in the corner of the screen. He had a bag of dim sims and a can of softdrink in one hand and was eating with the other. While the interview was on, he ate about 6 dimmys, and managed to open a new can with the bag of dimmys still in it. He had all greasy shi t all over his face and he was wiping his face with his sleeve. By the time the interview was half through, he had half the TV screen, and Spud had the other. I think the cameraman was more interested in how many dimmys he could eat rather than what Spud had to say.

Needless to say, I was watching a Spud interview just the other day, and the same guy was sitting behind him during the interview.

Originally posted by bunsen burner
Did anyone see the fat bloke who was in the background of a Danny Frawley interview last year?

At the start of the interview, he was in the corner of the screen. He had a bag of dim sims and a can of softdrink in one hand and was eating with the other. While the interview was on, he ate about 6 dimmys, and managed to open a new can with the bag of dimmys still in it. He had all greasy shi t all over his face and he was wiping his face with his sleeve. By the time the interview was half through, he had half the TV screen, and Spud had the other. I think the cameraman was more interested in how many dimmys he could eat rather than what Spud had to say.

Needless to say, I was watching a Spud interview just the other day, and the same guy was sitting behind him during the interview.

Thats sure sounds like my fat guy...did he sort of have brown shaggy hair? And look a little like Barney from the Simpsons?

Originally posted by bunsen burner

He's a local Richmond guy. I think I've seen him around all my life. I saw him at the Carlton v Geelong game too. He's a complete footy-head.

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
Who are some strange people that you have seen at the footy ?

I once went to a Brisbane V Collingwood match, and there were Collingwood suppporters there.

Re: Re: Strange people at the footy.

Originally posted by mandy5

I think there are far too many people at the footy who need to be asked that question.

I agree. Hello Collingwood cheersquad!!!:cool:

When I first followed football (mid 80's) there were a fair amount of stange characters at the football; that was when football passion and tribalism was all based on the suburban rivalries that existed in VFL football in my formative years as a football follower.

It was all based on the passion, loyalty and fanatical support at Victoria Park. The place was full of engrossing and very strange characters. Characters that leave an lasting impression in your mind.

I could semi remember a Peanut Seller at Victoria Park. He used to waddle around with a bag of Peanuts and he was a very strange character. This character was discussed on a Collingwood BB recently and this same person operated an adult bookstore when he wasn't selling these peanuts.

These days’ characters such as him are no longer. The corporate and national culture of football has made most fans into "theatre goers" who rarely show passion in this strange manner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of characters around at SANFL games.

the Eagles raffle guy that always wears ugg boots and yells out "GET YOUR EAGLES RAFFLE HEEEEEERRRRRRREEEE NOW"

The old eagles **** with the radio and the old eagles guernsey who waddles around the ground and always takes 5 normal steps, then 5 real short almost jogging steps. Also the guy that spat in my face once.

Alex, the ******ed Sturt supporter whos quite funny (but very annoying) who yells out 'WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW" everytime the opposition gets the ball. "Port kick it to Sturt aalllll the time" "I put off Port not Sturt" "Port kick it to Sttuurrrtt, Port kick it to Sttuuurrrtt". Often you hear cries of "SHUT THE HELL UP ALEX"

The Port guy that looks uncannily like Homer Simpson.

The Port guy that looks uncannily like one of the guys from Abba.

The world famous Beardman who seems to get on television at every bloody Port magpies and Port Power game.

The West "cheersquad" which consists of 3 people and 2 flags who just bang a tin shed all day and go "WESTIES..bang bang bang...WESTIES". Top mullets tho!

There's a guy in a wheelchair that rolls around the walkway of the 2nd level in the Southern Stand at Essendon games.He goes up & down yelling "Ess-on-don"& some foul words . He's the loudest person I've ever heard.

Even Essendon supporters tell him to shut up.

If he's coming towards you in his wheelchair,you have to dive out the way.I've been tempted to roll him down the stairs.

My nomination is the whole area behind the goals in the Ponsford stand (MCG). Not just the Liiiffftters, but the other 1000 freaks that are there.

Honestly, some of the crap that I was hearing.... my favourite were the wogs who were singing "ole, ole, ole, ole, Hawthorn... Hawthorn" and dancing around blowing their whistles.

Originally posted by -GB-
My nomination is the whole area behind the goals in the Ponsford stand (MCG). Not just the Liiiffftters, but the other 1000 freaks that are there.

Honestly, some of the crap that I was hearing.... my favourite were the wogs who were singing "ole, ole, ole, ole, Hawthorn... Hawthorn" and dancing around blowing their whistles.

Hawthorn have a "family" that sound like this. These people go to the games and scare children!!

Re: Re: Strange people at the footy.

Originally posted by Ripper
I once went to a Brisbane V Collingwood match, and there were Collingwood suppporters there.

I probably shouldn't be laughing at this, but I just can't help it!! LOL!! :D:D:D:D

Originally posted by JUBJUB
If he's coming towards you in his wheelchair,you have to dive out the way.I've been tempted to roll him down the stairs.

Imagine doing it from right up the top of level 4 of the Great Southern Stand... you'd be able to work up quite a bit of speed!! LOL!! :D;):D

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

Re: Re: Re: Strange people at the footy.

Originally posted by Ripper

I agree. Hello Collingwood cheersquad!!!:cool:

HELLO FJD! How have you been lately James? Jeez I haven't seen you around for at least a week :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JUBJUBThere's a guy in a wheelchair that rolls around the walkway of the 2nd level in the Southern Stand at Essendon games.He goes up & down yelling "Ess-on-don"& some foul words . He's the loudest person I've ever heard.

This bloke can be seen at the cricket as well around m2 or m3.

the abbo Choppy man at Roos! Met him on a train once and see him at the footy most times i go now. Reckoned he had Byron Pickett's phone number yet when he showed me the number on a bit of paper it said employment plus on it :confused: Kewl man tho and goes along to Pies games too at half time (gets in free) to go cheer on little Leon Davis!

Originally posted by JUBJUB
There's a guy in a wheelchair that rolls around the walkway of the 2nd level in the Southern Stand at Essendon games.He goes up & down yelling "Ess-on-don"& some foul words . He's the loudest person I've ever heard.

Even Essendon supporters tell him to shut up.

Easy now. He's a top bloke. Always at the social club and even when we loose he's still pretty happy. He's had that hat for at least 5 years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange people at the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back