Strange people at the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Then there's North Shore Andy, a bloke with a mild intellectual disability and a throat problem who you'll see walking back and forwards along the walkway on the hill at the SCG; with a walkman carrying the radio broadcast of the game and clearing his throat very loudly every 20 seconds.
North Shore in the local Sydney AFL competition have got him working the scoreboard at Gore Hill Oval, and he does a good job with that. Sure he has his problems, but he loves his footy, so I don't have a problem with that.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
There's a guy in a wheelchair that rolls around the walkway of the 2nd level in the Southern Stand at Essendon games.He goes up & down yelling "Ess-on-don"& some foul words . He's the loudest person I've ever heard.

Even Essendon supporters tell him to shut up.

If he's coming towards you in his wheelchair,you have to dive out the way.I've been tempted to roll him down the stairs.

I gotta agree with u there Jub Jub

Jeez, how can you SANFL posters forget the legendary Johnny Haysman?! The biggest disappointment of the recent state match was not that the Croweaters got belted, but that Johnny wasn't there doing laps of the oval in his lycra leotard and boots.

Living at Glenelg, one often gets to see the more - shall we say - "surreal" elements of society. The area is populated with a number of "halfway houses", into which the socially baffled are placed in an effort to enable them to live independent lives.

Occasionally these people find their way into Glenelg Oval. (Go on, there are many obvious jokes to be made here...) There was one guy in particular, who would dress in fluorescent clothing: Hot pink top, tight orange shorts, and lime green sneakers. You would often spot this bloke walking up and down Jetty Road, turning many heads on the way. In the late nineties this guy used to go to Glenelg matches with alarming regularity. One one occasion I ventured to the food stall for a pie, and this bloke was there, telling all and sundry about how he was the only spectator at the oval wearing shorts. "Oh, there's not many people in shorts here today. I'm the only one wearing shorts here today." (12 year old walks past wearing knee-length baggy shorts) "Oh, he's got shorts on. But my shorts are shorter than his. My shorts are the shortest. etc. etc. ad nauseam

We got a better class of weirdos back in the '80s. There was "Kevin", a minda home resident (or so we believed) who was full of beans. He'd spend the entire match circling the oval with his coke-bottle-bespectacled lady friend, having a yell with (or at) anyone who got his attention.

Then there was the family of deaf-mutes who would turn up to every Glenelg match with an armful of hessian sacks and spend the entire game collecting used drink cans.

Even today, if you go down to the southwestern pocket (near where Snout's Bar once proudly stood) you'll find this thirty-ish bloke with a beer gut and a goatee beard. He's always fully wired, like he's had one too many cups of coffee. Loud as hell, he thinks that everything he yells is of tremendous amusement to the crowd. As the day wears on - and the number of beers he has consumed climbs into double figures - he gets louder and more obnoxious. You can't miss him. ;)

Christopher Fair, who was on Who Wants to be a Millionnaire, has been spotted in every interview with Trent Croad. He has even been spotted at every Fremantle game so far this year, reading an dictionary and other books like that. What a nerd!!!!!

Originally posted by suzi_olsen
Christopher Fair, who was on Who Wants to be a Millionnaire, has been spotted in every interview with Trent Croad. He has even been spotted at every Fremantle game so far this year, reading an dictionary and other books like that. What a nerd!!!!!

Sorry suzi, but he admitted that the Freo game after he won on WWTBM, was the first Dockers game he had EVER been too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange people at the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back