Strategy Strengthening the Coaching Box

Remove this Banner Ad

A name for an assistants role from left field as he hasn't been reappointed due to the shit storm at GC.

Dean Solomon.

Any views thought on this, Eade was / is one of the best tactical and strategic thinkers and game day Coaches, he must have learnt something under Eade's tutelage.
Eade's problems have never been his footy nouse, rather he is a hot head.
Controversial

Jaymie Graham might Bradbury his way to senior assistant the way things are going
Cards are falling the dishes way.

Gonna puke if Graham gets senior assistant.
I have it as fact, when at East Perth he was there simply as an Eagles assistant and couldn't care less about East Perth's performance . Even to the level of berating East Perth players for stealing possessions off Eagle aligned players. Fact!
Well, yeah.

Article states there were 5 assistant coaches out of contract. I wonder who the other three are. I would wager Graham would be amongst them.
I hope you are right, but he has been a faithful lap dog , worst appointment ever if he is made senior assistant.

A name for an assistants role from left field as he hasn't been reappointed due to the shit storm at GC.

Dean Solomon.

Any views thought on this, Eade was / is one of the best tactical and strategic thinkers and game day Coaches, he must have learnt something under Eade's tutelage.
Eade's problems have never been his footy nouse, rather he is a hot head.
Smothered06 won't like this!

He had family issues where he had to look after his sister. Dropped for the grand final. Wafl career ended when his knee was destroyed.
I think it was his sister's "at risk" children he took in to his household.

Edit .... then again, I think you are in fact correct. Apologies...

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I still think Vozzo should be on the chop. As was said above, Neil Balme would have had a significant effect on the Tigers this year. There are good football people, and there are great football people. I don't think Vozzo falls into the second category. Doesn't seem like him and Simmo would naturally get on either. I can imagine Simmo is a bit like, ok, I've got to put up with this guy... If we want to be an elite club like we have been in the past, could be time to get a bit ruthless and get in the best person we can for the job.

It's not necessarily about next season either, more about where we're headed as a club

Tom Browne‏Verified account @TomBrowne7 2m2 minutes ago
(2/2) of positive things to say about Brett Montgomery. Bucks might have been doing a bit of due diligence. Montgomery footy tactics a+

All this talk of every team signing up coaches yet doesn't sound like we are getting any over?

Bet it will be Lynch as forward coach , Priddis as mid coach with Mitchell and Graham as Senior Assistant.

I've said it before, but I still think Vozzo should be on the chop. As was said above, Neil Balme would have had a significant effect on the Tigers this year. There are good football people, and there are great football people. I don't think Vozzo falls into the second category. Doesn't seem like him and Simmo would naturally get on either. I can imagine Simmo is a bit like, ok, I've got to put up with this guy... If we want to be an elite club like we have been in the past, could be time to get a bit ruthless and get in the best person we can for the job.

It's not necessarily about next season either, more about where we're headed as a club

As a follow up to this, does anyone know what Ross Glendinning is up to these days? If he wanted to get back into the AFL system, he could be a damn good fit for the football manager role. Obviously his record in football speaks for itself, the only question marks would be firstly, motivation, and secondly, time out of the AFL system. But having said that, Don Pyke was working in finance for quite a few years and came back in easily enough, and I'd say Ross could pick up on the modern game from the inside pretty quickly.

As a follow up to this, does anyone know what Ross Glendinning is up to these days? If he wanted to get back into the AFL system, he could be a damn good fit for the football manager role. Obviously his record in football speaks for itself, the only question marks would be firstly, motivation, and secondly, time out of the AFL system. But having said that, Don Pyke was working in finance for quite a few years and came back in easily enough, and I'd say Ross could pick up on the modern game from the inside pretty quickly.
Probably a bit old. He's in his 60s these days.

Isn't Ross employed in the inner sanctum of the West Coast Eagles at present?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he works for the club

Interesting, well Vozzo came up internally after Neale Daniher had to quit, so maybe it will pan out like that if they make a move.

He's 61, which isn't that old for an overseeing role. Neil Balme is 65 and you've got Malcolm Blight (67) who was doing a similar thing until a year or two ago.

Is there not any coaches from say soccer or rugby we could poach ? how translatable are the sports

Thoughts on Choco Williams as a development coach? Did a great job with dusty, and the others at Richmond like Dan butler who credit him with their success. Personality is, shall we say annoying, but obviously a good development coach.

we need a shake up massively. Todd Curley and Jamie Schofield have done good things at wafl level. and try and get some experienced heads

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Strengthening the Coaching Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Back