Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as per usual your modus operandi is to be aggressive and belligerent, there is no point continuing this discussion as your idea of fair is to attack anyone with a different view.
How have I been aggressive or belligerent with you on this issue?
I haven't attacked anyone. You have been severely uncharitable to me in this. No wonder this place is often such an echo chamber when a person with a minority view can't even defend themselves and ask to be treated fairly without being told they are too aggressive, belligerent and attacking people. I hope you realize you have contributed to this sort of bullying behaviour, lucky we are only talking about football. But you know what, I'm done. I'll be seeing you guys.

How have I been aggressive or belligerent with you on this issue?
I haven't attacked anyone. You have been severely uncharitable to me in this. No wonder this place is often such an echo chamber when a person with a minority view can't even defend themselves and ask to be treated fairly without being told they are too aggressive, belligerent and attacking people. I hope you realize you have contributed to this sort of bullying behaviour, lucky we are only talking about football. But you know what, I'm done. I'll be seeing you guys.

Welcome to my world

I don't get why ex Doggies are talking about Stringer because clearly the bridge with the club is now burnt. Since he can't come back next year his trade value has been diminished, because Dogs can no longer credibly say if we don't get a good deal he will play for us next year. I hope you get top dollar for him, ideally Essendon or Cats will compete for his services and over pay.

The story going around is that Stringer, Libba and Dalhlause had been drinking regularly every Tuesday night which is the night before their day off training - Stringer was taking it a step further than the other 2 and wasn't adhering to rehab as much as he should

I find this hard to believe given that Jake has made it known on social media (in particular on instagram) that he has his girls on Tuesday nights and all day Wednesdays...

I have thought for some time that bevo has given himself a timeframe to work with, maybe another 3-5 years too win as many premierships in that time and move on.

IF there have been issues and not only with stringer, then he has shown in the past that it doesn't matter who you are, if you are not keeping the standards you will not play.

I also know as fact that the coaches see this side as not having much talent, that we need 100% commitment from 100% of the side. We got this in 2016 but not 2017.

While it might be easy to think all stringer needs to do is mature, and we have seen many examples of 25-26 yo just turning it around, just simply bevo can't waste another year or two hoping he matures.

This also puts the whole group on notice that their football life is short and can be taken away quickly, regardless who you are we need 100% commitment.

The other thing that has got me thinking, Stringer libba and Dahlhaus names have been mentioned, all 3 are out of contract in 2018 libba and Dahl as RFA from a list management view can we keep all 3 ? Remembering that bontempelli's next contract will be a big one, we also have Boyd, we just signed JJ and still have a big group of young talent.

If any one of these 3 were to leave next year we wouldn't get as good as deal as we would now. We have said this isn't a fire sale, if we don't get the deal we want he is contracted.

I don't get why ex Doggies are talking about Stringer because clearly the bridge with the club is now burnt. Since he can't come back next year his trade value has been diminished, because Dogs can no longer credibly say if we don't get a good deal he will play for us next year. I hope you get top dollar for him, ideally Essendon or Cats will compete for his services and over pay.
You need to separate what is real and what has been drummed up by a hungry media pack an the public. They are probably miles apart.
The Club/Bevo made a statement and everyone refuses to believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer nominating Geelong has massively shortened his odds for him to remain with us next year.

They just don't have the trade assets for him.

I'll throw up if I have to watch him in an Essendon guernsey.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't essendon need mids rather than forwards? Can't see this happening.

He's more likely to fit at:

Geelong - replace Menzel
Collingwood - takes Mayne's spot
Richmond - as a foil for Riewoldt
Hawks - now that Gunston has gone back
Blues - crying out for forwards

Norf have Mason Wood and Garner already (and still have Waite) so can't see him going there.

So am I right in thinking the knock on Stringer is work ethic and laziness? Or is it multiple factors?
I'd really like to know too. I honestly have no idea. I think the club are damned if they tell us and damned if they don't. But I would like to know why such a match winner is being traded instead of just giving us vague answers.

Bidding wars generally happen when the seller hasn't devalued the asset they're selling. Considering this went public way before the trade period and the other detail, the Bulldogs have definitely devalued their asset with the reasoning they've given for trading him.

The more realistic scenario now is; with a completely untenable situation between coach and player, the Bulldogs will be presented with a handful of relatively lowball "take it or leave it" offers, and will choose the most palatable option out of those. Other than playing a couple of those options against each other for minor trivial steak knives, it's not going to magic itself into a positive situation for us.

Considering the apparently pretty ordinary draft this is happening before, the likelihood of us getting fleeced in this exchange is fairly high.
Time will tell but I think you will find that there will be clubs who think they can turn him around so I don't agree with the lowball theory and in fact Bevo stated its not irretrievable so let heim play out next year with us

I'd really like to know too. I honestly have no idea. I think the club are damned if they tell us and damned if they don't. But I would like to know why such a match winner is being traded instead of just giving us vague answers.

It's a fair question but given what Wallis, Bev Murphy have all said about Jake and Jake admitting he could do things differently how many more dots do people need to be drawn before its obvious?

Bev and the club have been hung drawn and quartered by our own here and on other forums. When players or the coach have said as close to what was happening without being specific they are derided for dropping his value amd if they do not say what the issue is directly they are derided again.

It should be bleeding obvious that patience for poor habits has run out so either Jake takes accountability and responsibility and actually changes or he is moved on and will have tp commit to change with a new group.

How many more people do those deriding the club and Bev need to hear speak understand Jake is the issue and he needs to fix it or he will never be the AA he was 3 seasons ago

Totally agree, if Bev has not had a discussion with Jake about this that is extremely poor form. This may be the wake up call Jake needs and if the club does not hold true to its word about not giving Jake away I will be pretty annoyed.

It appears something happen in the week following the interview and maybe we have been approached or were told we require 2 first round choices for player x. Maybe Bev is struggling with abandoning Jake and it does not sit well with him, hence no communication with him but understands its for the betterment of the team.

I just clutching at straws here but I would say looking at Jake he would stay if it was up to him.
Or perhaps Jake exit interview didnt go as well as he thought it did.
One thing we can gather about Jake and confirmed by Moyd this morning is he dosent lack confidence and maybe that clouded his perception of the interview.
It could well be that Bevo and Co were telling him he was a possibility to be traded its just he wasn't wanting to hear that,

I just hope there is still an opportunity for Club and Jake to sit down and talk once more and if its the final time they talk so be it.

If Jake leaves he leaves for a long time from our club and he will still be in the AFL system as a player for years to come.

Given Jake's age, talent, and issues he has had last couple of years along with Bev's renowned people skills, ability to communicate, bring a group together etc I think it warrants at least communication lines to be opened once more before it may be shut forever.

Which stage are we up to?

The seven stages of grief:
  • SHOCK & DENIAL- You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. ...
  • PAIN & GUILT- ...
  • ANGER & BARGAINING- ...
  • "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- ...
  • THE UPWARD TURN- ...
  • RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH- ...
  • ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
I am at the eighth stage have a beer and move on whilst watching a replay of 2016 GF!

I am at the eighth stage have a beer and move on whilst watching a replay of 2016 GF!

I like it !

BUT there is a part in the last quarter where our number 9 at the time executes a goal that very few could have done (if any) and it is at that point I had to put my beer down again.

BUT there is a part in the last quarter where our number 9 at the time executes a goal that very few could have done (if any) and it is at that point I had to put my beer down again.[/QUOTE]
Yes but if for instance we had Jake Lever in our backline perhaps the Swans wouldn't have kicked the goals in the 2nd Qtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back