Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm no expert on this, but couldn't we just hold stringer for one more season, playing or not, and get a far better compensation selection when he walks than that shithack geelong package?

Isn't weighting given to the fact that they've been an All Australian and premiership player?

Trading him now for that god awful lowball just seems clinically ******ed.

Now I'm no expert on this, but couldn't we just hold stringer for one more season, playing or not, and get a far better compensation selection when he walks than that shithack geelong package?

Isn't weighting given to the fact that they've been an All Australian and premiership player?

I agree
Bev won’t have it though
He wants him out
And jake now does too

Guys spoke to someone today very close to his management. Don’t shoot the messenger:

He def isn’t coming back. Early days he wanted to but he has accepted it. Filthy at Bev but didn’t spray him at the press conference so not to make himself look bad.

Geelong his most likely choice.

Cats at this stage only willing to use pick 20

Feeling is Dogs have stuffed their bargaining position and everyone knows we are getting rid of him no matter what.
What a load of shit you've been fed. Do you really think that Stringer was acting yesterday - that he really thinks he has been hard done by Bevo and really wanted to give Bevo a spray but held himself back? If you believe that, or expect that I'll believe that, you are kidding yourself.

Would people on here please get a grip and stop posting unsubstantiated shit. Really.

We get a few clubs fighting over him (and they will) and watch the offers go up.

Screw Geelong, we don't have to give them a thing.

fireworks-o.gif
Poll says he is going nowhere!!!

tumblr_mhynaja22y1ql0yg1o1_500.gif

I don't think there's any AFL-adjudicated compensation available to us. I thought if an OOC player didn't get traded they could just go to the draft.

Hmmmm. In a strong draft year (allegedly) that would be an interesting measure of Jake's worth.

Pretty sure he'd be gone by pick 5.

But we'd get nothing.

I wonder if he was doing his rehab as instructed....
Terry Wallace said today at one stage Jake was getting 5 injections a week to keep him on the field :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of shit you've been fed. Do you really think that Stringer was acting yesterday - that he really thinks he has been hard done by Bevo and really wanted to give Bevo a spray but held himself back? If you believe that, or expect that I'll believe that, you are kidding yourself.

Would people on here please get a grip and stop posting unsubstantiated shit. Really.
Ok mate. Guess you know more than his management

Reckon we could get Bains to pony up pick 7 and 8 for Stringer, pick 9, and our second?
Just Stringer and 9, thanks. Agree with your previous post though - if Geelong really are offering pick 20 and a paycut (?), That should be a pretty big wake up call, Jake's currency is cratering. If he puts in another lackluster year he'll be worth a half eaten Chiko roll and be on 400k instead of the 800 he could easily command. Might as well force him to sing for his supper with us, assuming we can leverage that into a decent trade next year (or he stays on).

Guys spoke to someone today very close to his management. Don’t shoot the messenger:

He def isn’t coming back. Early days he wanted to but he has accepted it. Filthy at Bev but didn’t spray him at the press conference so not to make himself look bad.

Geelong his most likely choice.

Cats at this stage only willing to use pick 20

Feeling is Dogs have stuffed their bargaining position and everyone knows we are getting rid of him no matter what.

The concept of contracted player seems lost. If we don't trade Stringer we don't have to take him back. Dogs could easily let Stringer rot somewhere next year. Sure we don't want to do that but I'd rather see that sort of scorched earth policy and run the risk of North getting him for nothing next year than have a contender screw us and get Stringer for SFA.

Does anyone want Stringer left to his own devices next yr? Doubt it.

P20 and a spud like Stanley won't get it done - laughable. Let him rot if that's their best offer.

The concept of contracted player seems lost. If we don't trade Stringer we don't have to take him back. Dogs could easily let Stringer rot somewhere next year. Sure we don't want to do that but I'd rather see that sort of scorched earth policy and run the risk of North getting him for nothing next year than have a contender screw us and get Stringer for SFA.

Does anyone want Stringer left to his own devices next yr? Doubt it.

P20 and a spud like Stanley won't get it done - laughable. Let him rot if that's their best offer.
I agree with you
Was just passing on some info
I don’t want him traded
But if bev wants him gone due to culture he will be gone no matter what

I agree with you
I don’t want him traded

Just sayin that Yes he can still be gone without trading him for a half eaten burrito.

There is a third way.

No trade and no doggie play makie Jakie very sad.

I agree with you
I don’t want him traded

No doubt this is a situation where the club and player are both at fault and it has been handled poorly all round.

On the one hand we have a talented yet lazy player and on the other a stubborn coach

Well it depends. If Bevo hasn't spoken to him at all since the exit meeting (that apparently went well) and he was informed of a trade through his management then I would be absolutely livid as the player. As a person I would except to have a one on one conversation with the coach informing me of this decision and the reasons for doing so.

But then again Bevo said that is what happened. One of them is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back