Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other worry is Dalhaus - I hope it's just something for the media to say, but they're alluding to the fact that because D's manager is the same as Stringer's there may be trouble.
Yep, and once Dahl leaves you know Bont and Macrae are next! In two years our best player will be Lin Jong and not because he has improved.

Lads with out specifics of a trade, if it ends up being Stringer out Lever in that is great for you guys. Lever has a massive ceiling and is the ultimate professional in both his preparation and performance and will have a better career than Stringer. Plus you guys were so short on solid defenders this year it wasn't funny. Entire back 6 was missing against Port

So in essence we lose Stringer and pick 9 and get in Lever. Bad for us IMO. It's MUCH easier to be a defender than a forward. No doubt Lever is a gun and might look like a better player now. But long term Stringer's potential is arguably better.

It really was painful watching one of our favourite sons up there on stage talking about how the club is prepared to let him go. He looked and sounded sad about the whole thing.
To have Stinger onstage with Barret and Dodorio was a disgusting sight. You could see Dodorio drooling all over himself.
And then when someone in the crowd asked him what he thought Jake was worth it was just laughable... Dodo coughed and ummed and arrrred and then said he doesn't want to speculate on that... He knows that Jake is worth a top 10 pick every single day of the week.

It really was painful watching one of our favourite sons up there on stage talking about how the club is prepared to let him go. He looked and sounded sad about the whole thing.
To have Stinger onstage with Barret and Dodorio was a disgusting sight. You could see Dodorio drooling all over himself.
And then when someone in the crowd asked him what he thought Jake was worth it was just laughable... Dodo coughed and ummed and arrrred and then said he doesn't want to speculate on that... He knows that Jake is worth a top 10 pick every single day of the week.

Yet will offer their second rounder.. and we would take it

Hearing that from Jake I can see why there maybe some players that are upset with the way this has panned out and the way it may play out.

I have come to the conclusion that he has done something and there is no way back form clubs point of view.

Its all BS about preparation and professionalism when you play him Round 23.

Get Chris Grant to speak to Jake one on one and pretty sure by discussions end things will be clearer for all parties concerned.

No need for Managers, Bev, J-Mac etc followed by leaks to the media etc just the two of them and will be sorted one way or another.

Until a trade is done Stringer is a player of our club and I hope he can turn this around firstly for himself and then all those that have supported him as will be a real pity to see him apply his trade at another club. He has talent I don't think we have seen anything yet.
In his All Australian year Jake and Luke Hodge formed a friendship...what about getting Luke to speak to jake about the benefits of being a one club player and not to waste the natural ability he clearly has

Yet will offer their second rounder.. and we would take it
Of course he will try that but I've got a feeling the Stringer trade is part 1 of something much bigger. I'm confident the club has a target and the Stringer trade is part of getting that target. As Connors said, the Bulldogs have done the right thing by Stringer and told him first he is tradeable. Stringer genuinely seems sad about it and doesn't want to leave and Connors made a point of saying the situation is not irreconcilable.
If we don't get the top 10 pick then I reckon Stringer stays.
Remember that all the hype, buildup and crap that has been written about this exists only in the media and Bigfooty... not in the real world.

In his All Australian year Jake and Luke Hodge formed a friendship...what about getting Luke to speak to jake about the benefits of being a one club player and not to waste the natural ability he clearly has

I think the club must want him to stay first then what you are suggesting maybe the easier part.

Jake and club may have moved on so not sure how retrievable all this is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he will try that but I've got a feeling the Stringer trade is part 1 of something much bigger. I'm confident the club has a target and the Stringer trade is part of getting that target. As Connors said, the Bulldogs have done the right thing by Stringer and told him first he is tradeable. Stringer genuinely seems sad about it and doesn't want to leave and Connors made a point of saying the situation is not irreconcilable.
Remember that all the hype, buildup and crap that has been written about this exists only in the media and Bigfooty... not in the real world.

Connors also said they will nominate and he thinks jake will not be at the dogs.

Come on.. when have we landed a decent trade target? Likely this is a wake up call to the playing group and jake is the casualty

And our forward line is worse next year

The misleadia

If we had to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear we could try Young as a KPF. He marks well, is mobile and played a lot of his junior footy there IINM. It might work, or it might not but at least he has the basic attributes. He's tall enough but needs to fill out, naturally.

So KPFs would be Boyd and Young with Redpath and Cloke (one year only) as required. It might be 2019 before Young can really make an impact as a KPP.

KPDs would be Trengove (for gorillas) Adams and Morris (one year only), then Cordy, Collins, Roberts as and if required. Not ignoring Wood - he could take a more versatile role as defensive general. If we got Lever then Adams is an option to go forward too. He has proved capable and appears to enjoy the role.

I know there are question marks over Collins and especially over Roberts but when I look at those options, paying the equivalent of two first rounders for Lever seems excessive. If we do splurge a couple of first rounders on a ready-made player I'd rather it was an established robust midfielder with a bit of toe and good disposal. I have nobody in particular in mind and don't know who is gettable, but there are a few out there.

Ridiculous. Grow up.

Paying supporters have a right to question these types of decisions. I'm hardly the only one who is. We don't need to blindly agree with everything they do.

This trade is in the hands of a guy who probably won't even be at the club at the end of the year

Connors interests are a slice of the Jakes contract. If he moves clubs now he will have to sign a 2-3 year deal at a bargain basement price.
This is Not in jake or connors best interest.

A big year in 2018 when his out of contract and the numbers start looking completely different.

Lots of cat and mouse going on here.

The time to fix all this is now. If the club wants Jake I would say they would be moving today to do that, prior to him sounding out other clubs.

But I think this is all done he is gone and Connors and club using the line that this mess is retrievable is to get Jakes price up for both.

Pretty disappointing if Jake wasn't aware of the trade and hasn't spoken to Bev since.

I can understand how he was blindsided especially when you were selected for Round 23.

First time poster...long one reader. Thanks for the updates all- didn't hear the interview but we can only hope there is more to play out and the clubs impression of a good deal matches our sentiments

Club is a joke. We are going to miss the prime years of a bloke that has more talent than anyone currently playing finals and who loves the club. ****!
Come on Mike. We probably know about 20% of the story here. Let's not rush to judgement just yet.

We're not hearing the full story though are we?
What if we are?
I see no reason to doubt what the club and Jake has both said in the media. They seem pretty consistent. We are moving Jake on because he had a poor year and Bev has given up on being able to get anything out of him.
Think it's pretty disappointing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back