Strong rumour - Bux to coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Chapter 11 is one of those Collingwood multis that morgoth was talking about, who are employed by the club to troll threads that conflict with the club's brand :confused:

He seems to writing alot of crap.

Take a deep breath fellas. I'm expressing a point of view. Its obviously not shared by you, but probably because we are looking at the issue from different perspectives.

I'm not employed by the pies, but Eddie, if you have a job going, I'll forward my CV. :rolleyes:

I think the best match for Buckley would be Port Adelaide.

he has history their, and slightly out of the spotlight for him to be able to hone his coaching skills before returning to the pies or another big melbourne club.

BUMP! :D

So you still reckon I am off the mark? Reason they will have gone early is to secure either Buckley or Hardwick.

Port could be holding off on chocco's contract for the excact same reason, trying to secure Buckley.

If they get him to commit they wont resign chocco at the end of the month if they cant well the will resign him cause theres no one better out there.

Its either Buckley or no one for Port Adelaide in my opinion.

Oh and would an old school Port Adelaide champ coaching Port Adelaide sit nicely with the who Live the Creed campaign :p

On the grounds that you are unlisted, a noob, and have made a series of posts recently littered with tired old assumptions, factual errors and egeneral floggery.

The point is we may be 'small' now but both Hawthorn and Geelong were in deep trouble - Hawthorn pulling very low crowds only 5 years ago - and they bounced back to become premiers.

We still had the financing (albeit through Dicker) obvious latent support and alot of modern day success that made it an attractive proposition for perspective coaches, that said chasing Wallace cost us a shot at Eade opening up the Dogs to take him from under our noses

The problem for North (hunting for the Willaims/Malthouse etc.) is that they lack the profile of the bigger clubs and given they are supported by the AFL have their hands tied with regards to what they can spend, influencing football department spending, recruiting

That said their lack of profile might actually work getting Buckley to start off his coaching career at North. In fact it could be the perfect fit, if North were to slide this year and Buckley took over next year and took their list to a finals birth (which is perfectly plausable given the talent on that list) his reputation would be incredibly high.

As others have said, he'd be stupid to go to Richmond/Collingwood where expectations will be at fever pitch, failure to achieve success immediately could be fatal for Buckley's reputation

Port could be holding off on chocco's contract for the excact same reason, trying to secure Buckley.

If they get him to commit they wont resign chocco at the end of the month if they cant well the will resign him cause theres no one better out there.

Oh and would an old school Port Adelaide champ coaching Port Adelaide sit nicely with the who Live the Creed campaign :p

Would Buckley want to leave the lifestyle of Melbourne for Adelaide

The pressure associated with coaching one of 2 clubs in the state you'd imagine would be pretty intense

Add Hardwick and Primus to that thought. Both played more games with Port than Bucks did. Hardwick also played in a flag.

You reckon Port could end up the only club to go coachless in the AFL, well apart from Richmond the last five years:D:D:D:D.

Add Hardwick and Primus to that thought. Both played more games with Port than Bucks did. Hardwick also played in a flag.

You reckon Port could end up the only club to go coachless in the AFL, well apart from Richmond the last five years:D:D:D:D.

Could we tear Bradley away from Carlton? He played over 100 games for Port too :)

I would like Bucks or Bradley, for the romance I reckon Pagan shoudl go back to North for a few more years. Choco to Richmond.

Could we tear Bradley away from Carlton? He played over 100 games for Port too :)

I would like Bucks or Bradley, for the romance I reckon Pagan shoudl go back to North for a few more years. Choco to Richmond.

I thought Bradley played 98 games for Port?

Pagan to North to take the stain of coaching Carlton away???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit of a stretch. IIRC he only played with us for one season.

There are a lot of qualified people out there waiting to coach, you'd say you wouldn't want them at Port??

Buckley, Hardwick, Sumich, Sheedy, Matthews, Cripps, O'Donnell etc the list is almost endless. Hell even Robert Shaw is still out there somewhere isn't he?? Are you saying none of these would be better than Bucklyey and you'd rather see Choco stay??

With two top jobs already gone, I reckon its just a matter of time for Williams to join them. Port wont want to leave it till the last minute to secure who they want, they wont want to have to take their third choice if they can avoid it.

There are a lot of qualified people out there waiting to coach, you'd say you wouldn't want them at Port??

Buckley, Hardwick, Sumich, Sheedy, Matthews, Cripps, O'Donnell etc the list is almost endless. Hell even Robert Shaw is still out there somewhere isn't he?? Are you saying none of these would be better than Bucklyey and you'd rather see Choco stay??

With two top jobs already gone, I reckon its just a matter of time for Williams to join them. Port wont want to leave it till the last minute to secure who they want, they wont want to have to take their third choice if they can avoid it.

It does tend to happen all at once doesn't it?

Craig, Eade, Clarkson and Wallace all at once.
Knights and Ratten
Laidley, Wallace, Chocco?, Malthouse?

Vossy certainly struck while the iron was hot didn't he!

So if Buckley is to coach North then will he take over now or at the end of the year?

End of year Crocker has caretaker job guaranteed until the end of the year therefore Buckley can't come in before then.

Source North Melbourne Official Website

I'm sick of every good [or in some cases, unlike this one, average] player who retires, thinks he can become a successful coach. Vossy is an exception, no not based on the lions irresitable form, but his own playing style, he was a premiership captain [x3] and had the nousse needed in terms of patience and attitude. Every other guy coming out of the game can't simply replicate this, no way. Good luck Buckley.

Not doubting you, but can someone provide me with a link to a quote in the media?

Might be hard pressed to find a direct quote, he said on the radio and during TV commentary I believe.

I can see what you are getting at though, the semantics of whether he has actually said he wants the top job or the media have just assumed so. In the storm after Wallace left he said something along the lines of 'I'll definitely be having a crack at the job as it is all that is available and there isn't any apprentice roles on offer either'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong rumour - Bux to coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back