News Stuey Dew not returning to Port in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd avoid Port like the plague if I were an assistant of note at present, the Hinkley situation is a real turnoff.
This is 100% the situation.

Being an assistant at a spot where the coach is in such an untenable position, and is destined to be sacked ain't filling anyone with confidence in their career

I have done as extensive search as possible and have not found anything that confirms how long Dew has signed for. This quote from the AFL website is basically what every news report says.

FORMER Gold Coast coach Stuart Dew will join Chris Fagan's football department full-time in 2025 in a big boost to Brisbane's premiership defence.

Maybe he has left things open to become Carr's assistant when Josh takes over some time in 2025.

I have done as extensive search as possible and have not found anything that confirms how long Dew has signed for. This quote from the AFL website is basically what every news report says.

FORMER Gold Coast coach Stuart Dew will join Chris Fagan's football department full-time in 2025 in a big boost to Brisbane's premiership defence.

Maybe he has left things open to become Carr's assistant when Josh takes over some time in 2025.

Dewy will peak in 2028 anyway ;)

How sure are you of Josh taking over in 2025?

Even if we end up in the bottom half of the eight, I doubt we will be too far away from 8th spot and they will let Ken ride it out, unless of course it all goes to shit. No way they sack Ken before the season ends, just can't see it happening after what I witnessed last Friday.

This year was a real pivot point for me and they are just too happy with being close enough to do anything drastic.

Their thought process next year will be, well there is no point sacking ken half way through because we owe it too him.

How sure are you of Josh taking over in 2025?

Even if we end up in the bottom half of the eight, I doubt we will be too far away from 8th spot and they will let Ken ride it out, unless of course it all goes to shit. No way they sack Ken before the season ends, just can't see it happening after what I witnessed last Friday.

This year was a real pivot point for me and they are just too happy with being close enough to do anything drastic.

Their thought process next year will be, well there is no point sacking ken half way through because we owe it too him.
We are 0-5 Hinkley will get sacked.

We dont make a GF, Hinkley will get sacked. A $900k soft cap overspend fear is the only reason Ken hasn't been sacked inside this contract 2 year period.

We aren't making a GF with the bomb it to Charlie Georgi, Marshall, Luko. Rat, gameplan, which wont change.

We dont make a GF, Hinkley will get sacked. A $900k soft cap overspend fear is the only reason Ken hasn't been sacked inside this contract 2 year period.

We aren't making a GF with the bomb it to Charlie Georgi, Marshall, Luko. Rat, gameplan, which wont change.

He will more likely get a contract extension in the off season then gets sacked next year

He will more likely get a contract extension in the off season then gets sacked next year
Nah they are all sick of him.

But certain people, their pants pissing, their PR Spin and $$$ involved in blowing the soft cap, means they are too gutless to get the sword out and use it.

So say we are 0-5 and we sack him, what payout does he get?

So say we are 0-5 and we sack him, what payout does he get?
If its end April, then he has been paid for 6 months, and will get another 6 months pay, but it wont blow up the soft cap spend because its all been budget for during the year ended 31st October 2025.

Could pay him 3 months straight away and the balance after 1st of November, so that they can increase Carr's pay from the equivalent of $200k per annum to $500k+ per annum and not overspend and get hit with soft cap tax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah they are all sick of him.

But certain people, their pants pissing, their PR Spin and $$$ involved in blowing the soft cap, means they are too gutless to get the sword out and use it.

But Caro will be mean to us!

It's clear when it looked like Carr might take over, Dew was interested... but then when the realisation hit that Hinkley is staying he backed out.

Would be nice for Dew to come out and say, he won't go to Port while Hinkley is still coach...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Stuey Dew not returning to Port in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back