Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

this is possibly the worst documentary ive ever seen.
Were you expecting The Sopranos?

It's just him telling what he was like at that time and what was going on. He's not trying to justify it. He's just telling it how it is. What more do you want?

Love how because it's on Channel 7 people pick at every single thing they've done. I think the documentary has been fine. Not as many ads compared to other things they and other stations have shown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he's a great bloke in a Tiger's kit but the jury is still out on what he's actually like as a bloke in the real world.
By the time most great player's are approaching retirement you know what they're like as people, Cuz is still a bit of a mystery.
Maybe this doco is also a way for him to connect with the general public, finally.
I reckon Cuz is one of those blokes that only the people who really know him, really know him. And fair enough. Here's a bloke who's been famous and feted since 18, knows he's better than nearly everyone else, ridiculously good-looking, incredibly successful, so he carries himself with a rare confidence that bothers some people. People he doesn't know want to know him and so he comes across as arrogant - well, he is a little arrogant. Deal with it. No doubt you're right though about this being a way to connect with the gp, without having to pretend to be matey with every ******** in a pub.

I genuinely LOLd at that:thumbsu:
So did I. Still chuckling.

Great watch. Boy has a good family.

A lot of brainless comments on this thread...

The reality is:-

- Ben Cousins is an addict
- He doesn't realise still that this is an issue (based on the doco) - he's still taking this as a challenge, with eventually taking some substance abuse as a reward. He kept talking about him being persecuted, well, he got mollycoddled to death is what I see. He started taking drugs at 17 and kept on taking it until 29+ (and possibly still now).
- If he seriously doesn't change his attitude - he won't last till 50. I reckon he's shaved a few decades off with his drug & alcohol abuse. He needs rehab just to stay alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back