Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats for our central defenders. As a group it's pretty shocking, but I put that down as much to our style of play as anything else.

Clean sheets per start
Mangala - 10 from 24 (41.6%)
Demichelis - 7 from 28 (25%)
Boyata - 1 from 4 (25%)
Kompany - 7 from 29 (24.1%)

Goals conceded per start
Mangala - 23 from 24 (0.95)
Boyata - 4 from 4 (1.00)
Kompany - 30 from 29 (1.03)
Demichelis - 29 from 28 (1.03)

Last edited:
Stats for our central defenders. As a group it's pretty shocking, but I put that down as much to our style of play as anything else.

Clean sheets per start
Mangala - 10 from 24 (41.6%)
Demichelis - 7 from 28 (25%)
Boyata - 1 from 4 (25%)
Kompany - 7 from 29 (24.1%)

Goals conceded per start
Mangala - 23 from 24 (0.95)
Boyata - 3 from 4 (1.00)
Kompany - 30 from 29 (1.03)
Demichelis - 29 from 28 (1.03)

The story there is Boyata >> Kompany :)

One Lukas Podolski for sale, boots hardly used, best offer no delivery

Rumour mill keeps talking up Schneiderlin as a done deal but I doubt that very much.

Walcott might be on the way out as well, just like last contract negotiations he's got a team working on a high demand, just like last contract negotiations he's had a blow out with Wenger and been benched, but unlike last contract negotiations he's not in good form, and we've got a couple other players playing better, and who probably are better.

If he lowers his wage demands he'd be a good pick up for a mid table side looking to get into Europe, but that seems unlikely. He's not good enough for anyone who can afford what he wants.

The story is you are only prepared to give him a one year extension and he wants 2.

He's over 30(31 now) so he only gets a one year extension, it's been a club policy for a while I think. I doubt he'll be going anywhere, but if he does we've got fullback covered already.

Terry has extended.

We've been linked with a few players. Constant chatter about Pjanic coming over. Kovacevic rumours too. Does anyone know much about him. He is an AM isnt he? Not sure we need another one with Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe all capable of playing in and behind Sturridge.

Linked to Alves too but his wage demands will be far too high and he is too old to fit into what we do so I think those rumours are bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Palermo president: "Dybala to Napoli and Zapata exchange? No way, we only want cash. They offered €35M. I want €40M, I already had 2 offers"

Would be surprised if Schneiderlin comes now. Unless the Wilshere > Man City rumours are true. Which they're not.

We've been linked with a few players. Constant chatter about Pjanic coming over. Kovacevic rumours too. Does anyone know much about him. He is an AM isnt he? Not sure we need another one with Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Markovic, Ibe all capable of playing in and behind Sturridge.

Linked to Alves too but his wage demands will be far too high and he is too old to fit into what we do so I think those rumours are bullshit.

Kovacic's agent has said he's not going anywhere. Pjanic is the rumour that keeps popping up in the Italian media, wouldn't mind him. Lucas/Can, Henderson, Pjanic, Coutinho in a diamond midfield looks very balanced. Lallana, Allen and probably Joao Teixeira as back up.

I'm pretty comfortable with our options in attacking midfield/out wide - Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Ibe, Markovic give us a lot of variation and all are likely to continue improving over the the coming seasons while already possessing sufficient quality to help us challenge as it is. It's up front where I'd be making a few changes.

Vietto from Villarreal (21yo Argentinian striker, 20 goals 8 assists in 42 games this season) has been strongly linked to us over the last few months and I think he'd be a good fit from what I've seen. Speed, skill, composure in the box and importantly the ability to lead the line on his own, which given Sturridge's injury record is going to be very important for us. Borini will definitely be off to a new club and I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 of Balotelli or Lambert joining him on the way out of Anfield. Not sure what's going to happen with Ings, it sounds like he's got a few offers on the table and if he's behind Sturridge and potentially someone like Vietto at Liverpool it might not be a situation that appeals to him. We've also got to figure out what to do with Origi, here's hoping he comes back to Liverpool and we get the Belgian NT version and not the Lille version!

I don't think there's anything to the Alves rumours but with Johnson likely to be on his way to Serie A we definitely need a new RB. Not sure who we're looking at though, Clyne is the obvious one you'd think.

Aside from that, maybe another CB with Toure getting old and question marks remaining over Lovren.

Apparently Martinez was/is in France to persuade Ayew to sign for us on a free, the only definite out from Everton will be Mirallas - destination unknown but if we sell I hope it's to an overseas club. Atletico Madrid have been linked & would be a good fit there, although I'd like him to stay.

Any idea Ossie who else might be in for Ayew? I believe we're also in the race but given he's a free transfer, would expect there to be quite a few chasing his signature.

Apparently we're keen on Anderlecht's 20 year old Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrović for around $15m

Honestly can't see that happening. Even if we are interested, Cashley will offer a low ball offer and the other club (Anderlecht in this case) will laugh in our face. Then we'll get the usual "well we tried but were not prepared to meet their asking price. Oh well!" :rolleyes:

Also been linked with K Gam (Kevin Gameiro) but doubt there's any truth to that - we wanted him when we finished 5th and he wasn't interested then, not sure why he would be now).

Hopefully Borini finally joins Sunderland after turning them down repeatedly.

Not sure Borini would want to drop down to the championship Oz. ;)

Can't you guys flog him off to some other team on the continent? Like most Mackem players, only pulls his finger out for the derby. :(

Not sure Borini would want to drop down to the championship Oz. ;)

Can't you guys flog him off to some other team on the continent? Like most Mackem players, only pulls his finger out for the derby. :(

They offered 14m for him last summer!!
He might go back to Italy but I think Ayre would prefer not to negotiate with the tight arses over there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back