Sunraysia Football league Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obree and ansty big big shoes to fill. have they got any recruits??????

So this Melbourne bloke continues to slip the contract signing???? or one club is keeping extremley quite about it. conformation would be great any which way.

The other rumor which ive heard, now this could just be total crap im only posting because it would be great for the leauge..........Richie V may be play a coulple of games for the roos this year after June what a pick up that would be.

We've got 5 recruits so far and waiting on 2 more. Keeping all pretty low key. Havent replaced what we've lost but hoping improvement from our younger players as well as some new young talent from within can close the gap.

Might help if some other clubs stop hounding our juniors.

And south have the new guy. Told me himself.

True but Imps had several first year players in their 08 flag side and they all made an impact. We have a few of similar quality.

I agree 2, there's a gap btn u18's and Senior footy for the average young bloke.
Quality young blokes should be/are there abouts at 17-18 years old.
Ever club plays young bloke in the 1's while still eligible to play u18's. (there's some good one's about too).

We've got 5 recruits so far and waiting on 2 more. Keeping all pretty low key. Havent replaced what we've lost but hoping improvement from our younger players as well as some new young talent from within can close the gap.

Are club applying the "extend to inview" rule re; vcfl? Do they need to for Jnr's?

Just having a smartass crack!!
Can you comfirm any comings or goings from Merbein? (your staying?)

Yer im staying... the only big loss atm is Keatch! There is ment to be a few players in the pipework and Merv is said to send a few down from ST MARYS (apparently)

And south have the new guy. Told me himself.[/quote]

Simple problem to fix Yabbs sign them. Then they are untouchable.

Tuff times with no players comming into the league sometimes a disgunteld local could be the best recruit for a different club. If they are not willing to sign they are at risk for an intent to interview from another club thats football i guess..........

thats true but quite a few have 10 to 20 odd games of senior experience which no doubt will help. wont cover those big losses straight up but give em time...

Thats excatly my point, given time yes they could be good but this year they miss out on finals because of the losses and they will have to play the younger guys!

True but Imps had several first year players in their 08 flag side and they all made an impact. We have a few of similar quality.

Because they also had alot of experience in the side as well. In the age bracket of 21-25 most of these guys have played 100+ games and some of them have played in 4 or 5 grand finals and have 2 or 3 premierships under there belt!

I thought the "Intent to Interview" was a local rule but I wouldn't bet on it. Juniors U16 etc are technically not in our league (SFL) so I would say they were excempt but it would be polite. They do have to get a clearance from the junior club. If they managed a senior game at some stage then their status may be different.
What goes around comes around.

Cant get out of the contract's!! Plus i dont want to see Merbein fold on the eve of there 100 year's as a club!!
good on ya man, and i hope Merv sends a couple back! Merbein good contenders this year...or next year anyway! interesting to note. Imps have the most flags with 16 i think, and Merbein 2nd with 13 flags....make that 14 2009..:thumbsu:great to see most of the players resigning..:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good on ya man, and i hope Merv sends a couple back! Merbein good contenders this year...or next year anyway! interesting to note. Imps have the most flags with 16 i think, and Merbein 2nd with 13 flags....make that 14 2009..:thumbsu:great to see most of the players resigning..:thumbsu:

Dunno where you are getting your info mate but Merbein arn't the second club with the most premierships in the SFL, which was formed in 1945.
The tally according to the VCFL website goes like this:

Imps 18
Red Cliffs 9
Robinvale 8
Mildura 8
Merbein 6
Irymple 5
St Mildura 4
Wentworth 4

Simple problem to fix Yabbs sign them. Then they are untouchable.

Tuff times with no players comming into the league sometimes a disgunteld local could be the best recruit for a different club. If they are not willing to sign they are at risk for an intent to interview from another club thats football i guess..........[/quote]

Thats true Leon, but surely we don't need to go down the track of putting all our under 18's on VCFL contracts? Does any other club? That would be a sad day and I'm sure Congo and everyone involved in the league doesn't want that.

Thats true Leon, but surely we don't need to go down the track of putting all our under 18's on VCFL contracts? Does any other club? That would be a sad day and I'm sure Congo and everyone involved in the league doesn't want that.[/quote]

Not the under 18 kids. But any1 that u think could play seniors or has in the past should be signed just to easy to get nabbed if there not contracted.

The contracts clearly state per senior game played so it doesnt cost the club anything if for some reason they go back to the under 18's or reserves. Just protects them from being poached. Mildura is a small town and news travells fast the second it becomes known that some1 may not be happy at there club intents go in. If the player has signed would just give the home club some extra time to resolve the issues.

If they dont owe the club money or have there equipment the home club can not hold them simple as that.

Unfortunately most players with grievances won't give the clubs time to resolve issues

Thats true Leon, but surely we don't need to go down the track of putting all our under 18's on VCFL contracts? Does any other club? That would be a sad day and I'm sure Congo and everyone involved in the league doesn't want that.

Not the under 18 kids. But any1 that u think could play seniors or has in the past should be signed just to easy to get nabbed if there not contracted.

The contracts clearly state per senior game played so it doesnt cost the club anything if for some reason they go back to the under 18's or reserves. Just protects them from being poached. Mildura is a small town and news travells fast the second it becomes known that some1 may not be happy at there club intents go in. If the player has signed would just give the home club some extra time to resolve the issues.

If they dont owe the club money or have there equipment the home club can not hold them simple as that.[/quote]

sorry new to this

yu say this yet mildura won last yrs 18s final by 80 odd points with a few youngs playing there first game so surly there've got something to look forward to.

Like I said mate there is a BIG difference between U/18's and seniors! to prove this to you, the Mildura player that was the joint winner of the 2007 U/18's league medal, where did he play most of last year???? I think it was in the 2's and from the games I saw didn't realy make an impact.

Like I said mate there is a BIG difference between U/18's and seniors! to prove this to you, the Mildura player that was the joint winner of the 2007 U/18's league medal, where did he play most of last year???? I think it was in the 2's and from the games I saw didn't realy make an impact.

I see where you coming from, but cast your mind back to the the final btn WW and Mildura last year WW player 5 U/18's players in that game, and can remember 1 of them making a game winning impact!

I see where you coming from, but cast your mind back to the the final btn WW and Mildura last year WW player 5 U/18's players in that game, and can remember 1 of them making a game winning impact!

Agree, but each of those young Wentworth players played a big part in the roo's season. All were consistent and had multiple stand out games. Without them Wenty definately wouldn't have made it that far.
If young players are good enough then they can make the transition and contribute, Wenty are lucky to have so many good kids at the moment.
Only time will tell with Mildura, just let them give their kids a chance, its far too early to be writing anyone off.

Agree, but each of those young Wentworth players played a big part in the roo's season. All were consistent and had multiple stand out games. Without them Wenty definately wouldn't have made it that far.
If young players are good enough then they can make the transition and contribute, Wenty are lucky to have so many good kids at the moment.
Only time will tell with Mildura, just let them give their kids a chance, its far too early to be writing anyone off.

yes i agree with you mate.
i just said what i said because by the sounds of it the oracle 2009 is writting off mildura without any idea of where mildura is with the youngens but yes the season will solve this like always

ok guys well it should be almost that time of season were all teams should know wats goin on with players at their respective clubs, so the question's are who's got the new recruits and who will be the players to watch for 2009 season and what teams are going be up there in that special time in september???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back