Sunraysia Football league Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irymple V Red Cliffs - Are Red Cliffs going to win a game this year, being in the paper and on the news about not having any 2's players looks pretty sad for the club. Irymple by 15 goals

Merbein v South - Should be a hard fought game with both teams playing for respect. South has a better midfield but Merbein could suprise. Merbein 4 points.

Imperials v Wentworth - Only 2 points in it last time. Imps have a very different side, Wenty's midfield too good. Wenty 6 goals

Robinvale v Mildura - Seems as though Robinvale have already inscrived their name on the cup. This is Mildura's end of a nightmare fortnight, playing the top 2 teams. Robinvale 10 goals.

It looks as if the four is set for the year i dont think Mildura a playing anywhere near enough well to displace Irymple.I thought the game against red cliffs was a danger game for irymple especially without the coach.
What has happenned to coghlans accuracy 1g 12b ??? Should have a been a whitewash.

It looks as if the four is set for the year i dont think Mildura a playing anywhere near enough well to displace Irymple.I thought the game against red cliffs was a danger game for irymple especially without the coach.
What has happenned to coghlans accuracy 1g 12b ??? Should have a been a whitewash.

Agree on this 1 hill and it was playing out that way till half time......red cliffs were really pushing but just ran out of puff towards the end i think.

Had we quicked straight it would have looked alot better for us.

The big question is........can wentwoth take second spot?????? good win against Imps on the weekend so im thinking the race for second spot is alive and well.

Agree on this 1 hill and it was playing out that way till half time......red cliffs were really pushing but just ran out of puff towards the end i think.

Had we quicked straight it would have looked alot better for us.

The big question is........can wentwoth take second spot?????? good win against Imps on the weekend so im thinking the race for second spot is alive and well.

Have been at both Imps vs WW games this year, both great games to watch.
I'm guessing the second semi between Imp and WW maybe the most interesting game left this year!

Have been at both Imps vs WW games this year, both great games to watch.
I'm guessing the second semi between Imp and WW maybe the most interesting game left this year!

Which would mean something drastic has happened to Robinvale between now and then.
You probably mean the prelim.

Tansley Hill to Mildura but what other ones stand out?

How does everyone think the newcomers to the league are going? Motlop, Tucker, others?

Garth Russell leaving South, (Malleeboy assures me it to be a runner and not player)
Jayben McManus cleared to Country WA, hasn't been playing at all over there, (I believe on song maybe in the top 5 players in the league here).

With Tucker and Motlop it's hard to say, It really depends on what ppl's expectations were before the season started.
Motlop injuried early in the season? Says he's right now in the paper.
Tucker, was he to be a great coach who could play or a great player who could coach?

Only 2 games this weekend as the Split round is upon us:

Merbein v Red Cliffs : The bottom of the table clash, Merbein got over Red Cliffs last time out at Red cliffs and think they would be dissappointed if they didn't win this time. Merbein 12 points

South Mildura V Imperials : South talked it up to be a finals contender this year and have fallen well short of the mark. Can play good footy but seem to lack it consistency against the top 3 sides. 2 big ins for Imps (B. Hards, A. Douglas) after losing to Wentworth will be fired up to have a big one this week. Imperials 10 goals

Only 2 games this weekend as the Split round is upon us:

Merbein v Red Cliffs : The bottom of the table clash, Merbein got over Red Cliffs last time out at Red cliffs and think they would be dissappointed if they didn't win this time. Merbein 12 points

South Mildura V Imperials : South talked it up to be a finals contender this year and have fallen well short of the mark. Can play good footy but seem to lack it consistency against the top 3 sides. 2 big ins for Imps (B. Hards, A. Douglas) after losing to Wentworth will be fired up to have a big one this week. Imperials 10 goals
good win to the doggies

good win to the doggies

Yes was a good win by South, 2 losses in a row to Imps very rare to happen and not at a very good time of the year will prob now have to play in the first semi against Irymple!
And Merbein have secured second bottom good to see they are picking themselves up off the floor!

Yes was a good win by South, 2 losses in a row to Imps very rare to happen and not at a very good time of the year will prob now have to play in the first semi against Irymple!
And Merbein have secured second bottom good to see they are picking themselves up off the floor!
Hats of to the Merbein FC it has taken a while but they have stuck to there guns and worked hard off the field, hopefully they can continue to improve in the future.
Congrats to Chooka on his 200 SFL game, one hard nut on the field and a bloody good bloke of it.

Garth Russell leaving South, (Malleeboy assures me it to be a runner and not player)
Jayben McManus cleared to Country WA, hasn't been playing at all over there, (I believe on song maybe in the top 5 players in the league here).

With Tucker and Motlop it's hard to say, It really depends on what ppl's expectations were before the season started.
Motlop injuried early in the season? Says he's right now in the paper.
Tucker, was he to be a great coach who could play or a great player who could coach?

It looks like Motlop is starting to hit his stride but the question I raise is...is he worth the $25k or more it is reported he is on or it cost to get him to the Vale?

So far it looks like Tucker has been only a solid player and solid coach in the SFL. Time will tell I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very quiet on here Lads!

Great to see Ben "PUP" Duscher get BOG for Bendigo Bombers on the weekend! Extremely talented and i personally, hope this is his chance to go that bit further! Good work PUP!

A good game and a big game in the 2nd weekend of the split round.

Wentworth V Robinvale : Should be a good game to go and watch and might just be a Grand final preview. Robinvale have been strong all year and gave Wentworth a lesson last time. It is at the Gorgie G though.
Robinvale 6 goals

Mildura V Irymple : Big game for both sides. Mildura need to win to keep in touch with the top 4 and to also stay above South Mildura and on the other hand Irymple could go 2 games clear of 5 spot with 5 rounds to play.
Deanglis back in. Irymple 5 goals

I see Mildura has named Tansley Hill to play in the 1's tomorrow.
Mildura u/18's 11 wins 1 loss (which suggests there must be 1 or 2 handy young blokes getting about)
Recruiting (depending on the meaning of the word recruiting) a bloke 30+ to a club that won't play finals is any interesting strategy. Is this a way forward?
Any thoughts?

Mildura u/18's 11 wins 1 loss (which suggests there must be 1 or 2 handy young blokes getting about)
Recruiting (depending on the meaning of the word recruiting) a bloke 30+ to a club that won't play finals is any interesting strategy. Is this a way forward?
Any thoughts?

how many games do you need to qualify for finals?

how many games do you need to qualify for finals?

at aleast 4 maybe 5 of the last 6 games of the season.
current 2 games out, with one game in hand, split round.(and have poor %)
can't see that happening on current form, Mildura 5 wins this year South x2 Merbein x 2 and Red Cliffs haven't beaten any of the sides in the 4.

at aleast 4 maybe 5 of the last 6 games of the season.
current 2 games out, with one game in hand, split round.(and have poor %)
can't see that happening on current form, Mildura 5 wins this year South x2 Merbein x 2 and Red Cliffs haven't beaten any of the sides in the 4.

I meant...how many does Tansley Hill need to qualify if and its a big if...Mildura can go thru to finals?

Anyone know which game Big Bad Bill Sauer is calling on the radio this week?..I'm out of town

Well finals look set...Does anyone truly believe Robinvale can be beaten? Delray....will Irymple get the Pioneer boys back for the first final (Eagle, Hodson, Gordon)?

Obviously in demand having worn many local jumpers, you may have never played with him but he offers alot to a club.

My earlier post, your thoughts? (I'm not having a go, I'm interested in your view) in recruiting rather than promoting juniors.

Any thoughts?

My earlier post, your thoughts? (I'm not having a go, I'm interested in your view) in recruiting rather than promoting juniors.

Any thoughts?

whether his selection was right or wrong, mildura had five under 18's in the side already. 2 healys, stevens, robertson and christodolou. they have also played a number of others this year including rowles, bower and chirgwin with more to come. they also have plenty in the senior side that have been under 18's over the past two seasons. I realise other clubs also have plenty of young blokes in their sides which is great. "rather than promoting juniors" couldnt be further from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back