Sunraysia Football league Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive News out off Millicent former MILDURA players Glenn Gascoyne and John Egan suspended from the club after an incident at the football club saturday night, Big lose for Millicent with Gascoyne being one off the stand out players this season helping them to a 4-1 start to the season he was also named in the ruck to play interleague next weekend against Sunraysia in Horsham.... bit rough on Big Gassy considering most off the talk is that egan is the one in the wrong!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

With a full round completed would anyonecare to make any predictions for.
The Final Four.
Premiers
Runners Up.
Mcleod medalist.
Biggest Dissappointment
Biggest Surprize.
Leading Goal Kicker.
Plus one of your own.

With a full round completed would anyonecare to make any predictions for.
The Final Four. Robinvale,Imps,Wentworth,Irymple
Premiers Robinvale
Runners Up. Imperials
Mcleod medalist. Stephen Denaro
Biggest Dissappointment South Mildura
Biggest Surprize. Ariel "Speedwagon" Steinberg
Leading Goal Kicker. Brad O'Connor
Plus one of your own.
Redcliffs + Richmond........= SNAP!

With a full round completed predictions are
Premiers Robinvale
Runners Up. Imperials
Mcleod medalist. Stephen Denaro (but there are others in his team that might take vote off him) Donato Deangelis (never really rated him,his good in a good team but this year has been a great leader and had some big games so far only thing is will they win enough games for him to get the votes)

Biggest Dissappointment Mildura (keep talking)
Biggest Surprize. Steinberg (Imps), Murdoch ( Wentworth)
Umpire's pet; Don Favlo

Overrated/Past it ; Matt Walder

With a full round completed predictions are
Premiers Robinvale
Runners Up. Imperials
Mcleod medalist. Stephen Denaro (but there are others in his team that might take vote off him) Donato Deangelis (never really rated him,his good in a good team but this year has been a great leader and had some big games so far only thing is will they win enough games for him to get the votes)
Biggest Dissappointment Mildura (keep talking)
Biggest Surprize. Steinberg (Imps), Murdoch ( Wentworth)
Umpire's pet; Don Favlo
Overrated/Past it ; Matt Walder

Agree with your prediction Fatty.
Have you seen much of Murdoch? I know its only early days for the young fella, WW's answer to a home grown key backman? Looks the the goods so far, and only 17yo. (quietly going about his business)

I saw the Mildura VS Wenty and Imps Vs Wenty games, which he was soild in, also have seen his name in the best a few times as well, (quietly going about his business) and playing his part on good forwards, also the night game VS Imp in the preseason was the first time i've seen him play and he caught my eye then, but then again Mildura caught my eye in the pre season comp VS Vale, and look how they are traveling now.

Congradulations to Leroy Eggmolesse from The Northern Jets in the Farrer League Wagga. after being selected in the u/23 Indigenous Vic team to play the Tiwi Islanders in the curtain raiser at the MCG tomorrow. The game will be telivised live from 5pm, Regional Vic. Leroy will be wearing No8 & playing off the half back flank. Just another home grown talent like young Murdoch & others from W/W. Coached by Brian Wakefield from u/11s- GREAT COACH. Well done Leroy, keep following your dreams son.

good to see our young sunraysia side get up on the weekend 12 goals. the last 4-5 yrs of interleague games we've done well and won well. so what happend now do we move up another spot in the rankings or??

good to see our young sunraysia side get up on the weekend 12 goals. the last 4-5 yrs of interleague games we've done well and won well. so what happend now do we move up another spot in the rankings or??

Yeah the boys have been on fire 100+ points last year 70 odd this year. yeah i think will move into 11 and 12 now couple more years like this and into the single figures.........

Now that the SFL round is all over whats ever1s thoughts on the next full round of games....... crunch 1 straight up for the doggies and the swallows!!!! i hope Imps can push robinvale... if they flog them like they have most clubs this season it will be hard to see them getting beaten in the home and away season.

Aw k nice hopefully we keep up the good work then.

yeah theres a fair few crunch games this week. it'll be interesting to see how the top four plans out with mildura hoping to get a win against merbs then a fight between south n irymple massive game with imps and r/vale imps are hitting there stipes and r/vale just seem untouchable. you'd think that wenty will get the W over redy

My Dilemma this week, do i go watch the top two Imps VS Vale were this could be a close game or a flogging? It will be of a high standard of footy or next door South VS Swallows were this is a game up for grabs for a possible top 4 spot for the team that takes out the 4 points. I'm thinking South VS Swallows so far because both teams should take the game on in a do or die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so is anyone getting suspended for not playing interleague? or is it just another example of our league admins not walking their talk?

Only if there Excuses are not resonable!!!!! i think it would be extremly hard to rub some1 out unless they do not communicate to the SFL at all.

I mean if a player says he has work or family committments how can the SFL say nope sorry that doest cut it and then suspend them. Im sure every player that made themselves unavailable would have reasons that they deemed more important and should be able to relay that msg if they ever had to come to account. I mean just say you have to work how can the SFL say thats not a resonable excuse. Its not like any1 in the SFL is a professional footballer!!!

Only if there Excuses are not resonable!!!!! i think it would be extremly hard to rub some1 out unless they do not communicate to the SFL at all.

I mean if a player says he has work or family committments how can the SFL say nope sorry that doest cut it and then suspend them. Im sure every player that made themselves unavailable would have reasons that they deemed more important and should be able to relay that msg if they ever had to come to account. I mean just say you have to work how can the SFL say thats not a resonable excuse. Its not like any1 in the SFL is a professional footballer!!!

you're coming purely from the point of view of not having your players suspended and i understand that. why make the rule if its never enforced? why bleat on in the paper about taking a tough stance? get rid of the rule.

you're coming purely from the point of view of not having your players suspended and i understand that. why make the rule if its never enforced? why bleat on in the paper about taking a tough stance? get rid of the rule.

Well what ever they have done it has worked cus they have dished out a 120 and 70 point hidding in the last 2 Years.

I know for a fact that a central murray player who is a gun said he doest play cus he doesnt have to.

So I think the SFL is right in trying to field its best side and although it may seem that they are not suspending players the fact that the majority are playing is what they are after.

Like i said its hard to suspend players if they have taken the time to let the SFL know there reasons.

Well what ever they have done it has worked cus they have dished out a 120 and 70 point hidding in the last 2 Years.

I know for a fact that a central murray player who is a gun said he doest play cus he doesnt have to.

So I think the SFL is right in trying to field its best side and although it may seem that they are not suspending players the fact that the majority are playing is what they are after.

Like i said its hard to suspend players if they have taken the time to let the SFL know there reasons.

why didnt your players play?

So if Irymple had played last week - Donato, Baynes, Hammence and Hodson would have all used reasonable excuses not to play. Come on Delray, don't insult our intelligence. They didn't want to play Interleague. Simple as that. They have then come up with excuses they think will be able to cover for them.

So if Irymple had played last week - Donato, Baynes, Hammence and Hodson would have all used reasonable excuses not to play. Come on Delray, don't insult our intelligence. They didn't want to play Interleague. Simple as that. They have then come up with excuses they think will be able to cover for them.
happens in every league if players dont wanna play give the spot to someone that wants to represent their league

As resonable as

S Motlop
S Denaro
A Rigby
B Rigby
J Macdonald
B Oldham

And a host of others that i cant recall at this stage........but you know the only difference Irymples 3 boys are suspended!!!!!!!!!

Now dont get me wrong im not saying any of these other guys should be suspended or that there reasons wernt valid. But the SFL have got to be fair...... people do and can have proper reasons..........either all in or all out. Just a bit of consistancy is all im asking for.

How low are Red Cliffs? As low as Merbein has been over the past few years?
I went out to watch WW vs RC on saturday and I'm guessing the RC supporters all came in one car!!
Far Cry from the Proud Club they guide writer (Mr Plod) would have you believe.

Would family committments or work have come into play if it had been a normal home & away week...... I doubt it very much.

The League is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Anyone know the results of the appeal.

Sure Do Donato Out
Hodsen Out
and Baynse Cleared.

My simple response to

Would family committments or work have come into play if it had been a normal home & away week...... I doubt it very much.

The League is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

S Denaro
A Rigby
B Rigby
J Macdonald
B Oldham.....would have all also played for there clubs last week. Its a F...ucking Joke.

Sure Do Donato Out
Hodsen Out
and Baynse Cleared.

S Denaro

A Rigby
B Rigby
J Macdonald
B Oldham.....would have all also played for there clubs last week. Its a F...ucking Joke.

Would have to agree with Delray on this one, seems as though it was one rule for a few and another rule for the ones that got suspended.
Think J. Macdonald was injured on the Thursday at interleague training before the game.
Would like to know what S Denaro, B.Rigby,B .Oldham and A Rigby's "excuse's" were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back