Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The home side is supposed to organise the boundary umpires. Each club is also required to provide a list of 3 representatives from each club to be able to officiate in the reserves if need be, as the Seniors get first preference with umpires, then the thirds, then the millewa, then the Reserves. Each club was notified of the shortage of umpires this season and these measures have been implemented. Each club has a responsibility, so I think you should direct your comments at the Merbein FC buddy.:thumbsu:

Why do MFL get preference over the SFL twos. Doesn't seem right that a second rate league should get preference.

why not take it upon yourself to do something about it, I see someone else has jumped me by pointing out it was Merbein FC's responsibilty to arrange the umpires, they would have been made aware Thursday evening, maybe you need to look in your own backyard.

I wasnt aware of this.

So i have taken apon myself to express my views to the FC.

The home side is supposed to organise the boundary umpires. Each club is also required to provide a list of 3 representatives from each club to be able to officiate in the reserves if need be, as the Seniors get first preference with umpires, then the thirds, then the millewa, then the Reserves. Each club was notified of the shortage of umpires this season and these measures have been implemented. Each club has a responsibility, so I think you should direct your comments at the Merbein FC buddy.:thumbsu:

Chest i think u will find that that is wrong all clubs are required to pay $725 per week for umps less what ever the clubs supply. i know in our game we had no boundries so both irymple and Sth supplied 1 each Then we deduct that from our chq. It would be a little unfair if Irymple Supplied the 2 umps and then sth still had to fork out the $725. The SFL pay the clubs if club umps are supplied

As I said before the umpire I was speaking to said that they offered to buy uniforms for them, plus what they get paid for but who wants to run around copping abuse from drunken idiots, and remember if you havent got umpires you havent got a game, perhaps clubs should start looking at some of their supporters

Mate you would be suprised what people would do for money. Why are there so many coppers in this world when they have to cop abuse from 'drunken idiots'? People put up with crap like that in alot of jobs but, hey, they still turn up for work don't they?!

Mate you would be suprised what people would do for money. Why are there so many coppers in this world when they have to cop abuse from 'drunken idiots'? People put up with crap like that in alot of jobs but, hey, they still turn up for work don't they?!

I cant beleive that you wrote that ridiculous statement, coppers dont cop abuse from drunken idiots thats why they have cells, they lock them up. I was talking about youth you dolt, how can you recruit young people when they go to the footy and watch the umpires get abused week in week out. This abuse usually comes from the wannabees and the neverwillbees. In answer to your other quote, perhaps consider a week ban etc.

I cant beleive that you wrote that ridiculous statement, coppers dont cop abuse from drunken idiots thats why they have cells, they lock them up. I was talking about youth you dolt, how can you recruit young people when they go to the footy and watch the umpires get abused week in week out. This abuse usually comes from the wannabees and the neverwillbees. In answer to your other quote, perhaps consider a week ban etc.

misintepritation there mate.. but i still think if there were more asking of the youth then i think you will find that they would do it anyway. there is just not enough effort to at least try get these kids to have a go.

and i dont think that clubs will be banning any supporters. the majority of these 'drunken idiots' are members to clubs and clubs wouldn't risk it. if anyone were to do the banning it should be the umpires league if they are so offended by such activity.

i dont remember a boudry umpire getting to much abuse. Especially if its a kid. I dont think that would be stopping them. I think lazyness would be a better argument for that. Or poor organistional skills of a club. Maybe even lack of communication.
I could understand that arguement for the lack of central umpires though

Nakriel.
I thought you wernt playing this season. "Giving the dodgy knee's a rest" was what i thought you said. Got sucked in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont remember a boudry umpire getting to much abuse. Especially if its a kid. I dont think that would be stopping them. I think lazyness would be a better argument for that. Or poor organistional skills of a club. Maybe even lack of communication.

Nakriel.
I thought you wernt playing this season. "Giving the dodgy knee's a rest" was what i thought you said. Got sucked in?

So god damn true mate.

Nakriel.

Cant keep a champ downmate:D

As I said before the umpire I was speaking to said that they offered to buy uniforms for them, plus what they get paid for but who wants to run around copping abuse from drunken idiots, and remember if you havent got umpires you havent got a game, perhaps clubs should start looking at some of their supporters

i agree. i see it quite a bit where supporters (mostly parents) hang it on the umpires. we all know most of the umps are useless but they are human and hear the abuse. you cant tell me it dosent some of the decisions.

It's not just the umpires that these so called drunken idiots abuse. What about members of the opposition? And it isn't just the spectators, there are alot of players who anuse both umpires and members of the opposition.

My point is that we are not short of players, even though they are treated the same way as umps, so whats the excuse for the umpires?

It's not just the umpires that these so called drunken idiots abuse. What about members of the opposition? And it isn't just the spectators, there are alot of players who anuse both umpires and members of the opposition.

My point is that we are not short of players, even though they are treated the same way as umps, so whats the excuse for the umpires?

umpires cop it from both sides

Hey guys, I know how much we love talking about the umpires, but we do have a good round of games kicking off today. What are peoples tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back