Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you were over the other side of the ground so how can you make a statement like that? Head in the wrong spot at the wrong time, no elbow, no fist, was a shoulder in the play and yes I did see it and no Alvey was not targetted and it is ridiculous to even say that. It is a shame to see this happen but that's footy, Wenty also had a few blokes going the man and Connick was mentioned as picking on young blokes, haven't seen Bell take on any one his own size yet

Yes elbow
Yes targetted
No, not ridiculous, in a later post you highlight Shelford did it all day.
The Bell debate is way old, he cops more than he gives.
I'm happy to hear how his behaviour has caused such a serious injury.

Perhaps we should all take a breath here. I have heard rumours that there may be some video footage of the incident so before we all say we're "certain" of what happened lets wait and see and not look like liars when the truth comes out. If it was an accident we'll look silly and if it was an elbow Mildura will look silly and the appropriate action will take place. From my view Shelfout attacked the centre bounce all day whether Mark was in there or not.

Gentle reminder that you're on a public forum but its not like the bar of the local ... if you make assertions that sound like they're certainties, but they're more likely your opinion (no matter how well founded), you can end up getting the arse of this website kicked pretty much the length of the Ana Branch.

I like to apply a policy of "prove or remove". You'll probably understand that I'm gonna have to make approximately 10 posts of this nature across all the Regional Leagues discussion pretty much each week of the footy season, so the more you folks can do to keep my teethgrinding to a minimum, the more I'll ooh and ahh about how grouse those people from up/down/over your way behave themselves. Then I can get some actual work done *cough* :D

Onya Dirty Jamahl for a great example of a stable and respectful approach. :thumbsu:

[/b]

Yes elbow
Yes targetted
Mate I think we will have to agree to disagree on this, the incident happened a good player will be missing for a while, I wish that Mark has a speedy and good recovery and get back into the game soon

how has danny o'bree gone for the start of the season, seen much action

Breeza is a great player.... he hurts teams with his foot disposal and ability to make the right decision with the footy.

Known him for just over two years and he is an absolute gun of a bloke too! I hope him and Mildura can win the flag this year!

Said on the new that the SFL is going to investigate the incident by request of wentworth. They weren't targetting anyone just want the incident looked into. Still no concrete evidence the incident was an accident or not. Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

From what I saw it was a king hit. Rubbish if you ask me, as mentioned before Shelfy was coming off the line at him at each centre bounce. They were after him all day. Having said that the Roos were pretty ordinary in protecting him. Shelfy should not have been able to run straight at him over and over with out a roo blocking his run or at least remonstrating.

I was very frustrated with the lack action taken by both the players and umps at what was a blatent attempt to Alvey's his head off.

The young Mildura bloke should hang his head in same, he will get the same treatment back next time.
deposit sounds like shelfy did nothing wrong,beating his man in to get the ball or lay a tackle or bump,thats footy isnt it?not one player had a go at him 4 doing this.its was bad luck with alvey,it could happen in any game of year to any player.

deposit sounds like shelfy did nothing wrong,beating his man in to get the ball or lay a tackle or bump,thats footy isnt it?not one player had a go at him 4 doing this.its was bad luck with alvey,it could happen in any game of year to any player.

Agree with what you have said esp. about shelfy. I was bad luck as well for Alvey with the Jaw but I still think there was a bit more to it than just bad luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this game was a fantastic game of footy.................they say the first half was short of highlights but the second half, I thought was a blinder. Great footy.

Shame about all the talk being of the Alvey incident. It's very unfortunate the bloke's injured again, don't get me wrong. I don't like to see any one miss games through injury. However, Wenty were down at the time, anyway.

They came back hard just the same because they are a top side.

Both teams dead on their feet at final siren, ball tearer of a game.

A great effort by the D's.

From what I saw it was a king hit. Rubbish if you ask me, as mentioned before Shelfy was coming off the line at him at each centre bounce. They were after him all day. Having said that the Roos were pretty ordinary in protecting him. Shelfy should not have been able to run straight at him over and over with out a roo blocking his run or at least remonstrating.

I was very frustrated with the lack action taken by both the players and umps at what was a blatent attempt to Alvey's his head off.

The young Mildura bloke should hang his head in same, he will get the same treatment back next time.

it clearly was an accident with the player in question not having a chance to stop. its an unfortunate accident.
for wentworth to target a kid next time would further typify there standing of being the thugs of the league

it clearly was an accident with the player in question not having a chance to stop. its an unfortunate accident.
for wentworth to target a kid next time would further typify there standing of being the thugs of the league
Coulldnt agree more, no one remonstrated as you would expect with a king hit or dirty play, just one of those things that happen

[/b]

Yes elbow
Yes targetted
Mate you should read all the posts and also look at who wrote them, Island Breeze stated that Shelfy was doing it all day, not me so read before you post and that will save further embarresment

Who Pays for the investigation???? And without video proof honestly what is it gunna prove???

Cast ur minds back to R/Vale V Irymple Pre season, 1 of the biggest bumps ive ever seen guy was knocked out cold!! if he had of broken his jaw does it make the bump Unfair??? the bump was hard but fair. I wasnt there but Injuries like that can happen with fair contact.

Imps Irymple should be a cracker this week!!!

Who Pays for the investigation???? And without video proof honestly what is it gunna prove???

Cast ur minds back to R/Vale V Irymple Pre season, 1 of the biggest bumps ive ever seen guy was knocked out cold!! if he had of broken his jaw does it make the bump Unfair??? the bump was hard but fair. I wasnt there but Injuries like that can happen with fair contact.

Wentworth must feel that the bump was unfair if they are bothering with an investigation.

Wentworth must feel that the bump was unfair if they are bothering with an investigation.

Which was it deposit? I did not see it so I will not comment. My advice to you is to be careful as this is a public forum. We're all upset but lets not make things worse.

Mate I have no idea what this says because everytime i try reading it i have an epeleptic fit over that dumb punctuation.:p

Which was it deposit? I did not see it so I will not comment. My advice to you is to be careful as this is a public forum. We're all upset but lets not make things worse.

Fair point.... May have been a bit over the top describing it as a 'king hit'. Will leave it alone of rnow and wait and see what comes out from the investigation.

Fair point.... May have been a bit over the top describing it as a 'king hit'. Will leave it alone of rnow and wait and see what comes out from the investigation.

No worries mate. We all say things we may not mean when we're angry and upset! Lets just hope the boys can focus on Red Cliffs this week and bounce back. Big game for the roo boys. I thought the boys played some good footy in the last qtr and hopefully carry that on into this week. Expect the tigers to be pumped up after the flogging they copped from Imps.

No-one has spoken too much about the game last week. I thought Shaunny McGlynns game was under rated- kept their goalkicker from rnd 1 to only 1 goal. Zac kept Anstey quiet after qtr time and Austy did a fine job on Cardew. The Oz produced a vintage last qtr to almost snatch it and Oughy was lion hearted as usual. Mildura played well and there was not a good match for Matthews.

No worries mate. We all say things we may not mean when we're angry and upset! Lets just hope the boys can focus on Red Cliffs this week and bounce back. Big game for the roo boys. I thought the boys played some good footy in the last qtr and hopefully carry that on into this week. Expect the tigers to be pumped up after the flogging they copped from Imps.

No-one has spoken too much about the game last week. I thought Shaunny McGlynns game was under rated- kept their goalkicker from rnd 1 to only 1 goal. Zac kept Anstey quiet after qtr time and Austy did a fine job on Cardew. The Oz produced a vintage last qtr to almost snatch it and Oughy was lion hearted as usual. Mildura played well and there was not a good match for Matthews.

Agree It was a great game and you have highlighted some of of the better performers. Shaun looked to be carrying a bit of weight too so will no doubt get better as the season goes on.

Was good to see two old men like Oughy and Deckert having an impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back