Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey any 1 from out magpie land what happend with simmo did he get suspended? heard something on the news whats the story??

Abused a boundary I heard. A certain chap from Robinvale is very fortunate to be running out this week after several cheap shots throughout the game last week. Do umpires report anyone anymore? If you saw the news Monday you'll know what I mean.:thumbsdown:

Abused a boundary I heard. A certain chap from Robinvale is very fortunate to be running out this week after several cheap shots throughout the game last week. Do umpires report anyone anymore? If you saw the news Monday you'll know what I mean.:thumbsdown:

There would also be a player at WW that might get himself in a bit of hot water with his abuse of umpiers when he comes back from injury. I'm sure you can work out who Dirty.

What do you classify as a cheap shot? little punch to the gut and that type of thing or something more sinister?
The type of stuff that AFL players get rubbed out for these days, like the ones were a bloke retaliates at a tagger are in my opinion cheap shots but not worthy of suspension, a free kick definately but not missing games.

Can you name names and clarify 'cheap shots' for us?

I haven't seen a lot of footy this year but I did watch imps vs mildy in rnd 1 and Decks carved up Atkinson without having trained or played a practice match. Other then that and possibly J.Bell, pretty good side, very good backline!
Replying to my own post i Know but I forgot Danny O'Bree, he would be a certain starter on what I have seen of him this year.

4 weeks..i dont think hes over keen on playing this yr anyway,i dont think he will be to worryd bout missing 4 games

Replying to my own post i Know but I forgot Danny O'Bree, he would be a certain starter on what I have seen of him this year.

pretty sure D O'Bree has bigger things on the day of the interleague game then to play footy, would proberly be playing against a few mates to haveing spent a few years in the ncfl where he won the league B/F

many double standards in the game of footy today. Why is it that Simo wasnt offered the minimum one match ban that most blokes get for striking sum c$%t. In the big smoke u only get a miserly fine for abusing an ump.
the fu%#in big eared nuffy boundary probably deserved a spray, either for getting a decision wrong or for simply lookin like the dude out of mad magazine.
The powertrippin queers on the tribunal need a spray too.
They should be at home watching mythbusters.
Zero tolerance

What do you classify as a cheap shot? little punch to the gut and that type of thing or something more sinister?
The type of stuff that AFL players get rubbed out for these days, like the ones were a bloke retaliates at a tagger are in my opinion cheap shots but not worthy of suspension, a free kick definately but not missing games.

Can you name names and clarify 'cheap shots' for us?[/quote

In this case the cheap shot was an elbow when our player wasn't looking.

Can you name names and clarify 'cheap shots' for us?

shaun smith gave justin clay a very late elbow to the head, justin ended up with a pretty bad concussion. win tv got it on camera and showed it on the news monday night. looked pretty bad, very reportable in both afl and country footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

many double standards in the game of footy today. Why is it that Simo wasnt offered the minimum one match ban that most blokes get for striking sum c$%t. In the big smoke u only get a miserly fine for abusing an ump.
the fu%#in big eared nuffy boundary probably deserved a spray, either for getting a decision wrong or for simply lookin like the dude out of mad magazine.
Zero tolerance

Harry with your brilliant command of the English language and obvious intelligent insight into the game. You have all the qualifications to join the umpires ranks yourself.
Perhaps even a spot on the tribunal. Don't hesitate step up have a go. The umps need someone like you.

Zero tolerance
Your right there, it was billy stevens and he is a spitting image of the guy on the mad magazine. Way too harsh on simmo. All that for calling someone a fuc*head. I think because people in the crowd could hear it is why it is so severe (the penalty that is), but its bulls*it all the same...

Zero tolerance

The umpire first decides if it goes to the tribunal, then the player/club gets to decide if he wants to go to the tribunal or take the set penalty of one week.
As for comparing Country Footy to "The big smoke", it is their job to play footy and they get paid alot of money to do their job so they should get fined, but to bring fines into the SFL that just wouldn't work.
But agree on the harshness of the penalty was a little bit over the top on their behalf!

I do think the penalty was a bit rough for simo, but the umpires association have told all the clubs and made it very clear that they are going to crack down on swearing and abusing umpires this year, i guess this is how serious they are going to be.

The umpire first decides if it goes to the tribunal, then the player/club gets to decide if he wants to go to the tribunal or take the set penalty of one week.
As for comparing Country Footy to "The big smoke", it is their job to play footy and they get paid alot of money to do their job so they should get fined, but to bring fines into the SFL that just wouldn't work.
But agree on the harshness of the penalty was a little bit over the top on their behalf!

Any reportable offence towards an umpire, a set penalty cannot be taken, it must be heard before the tribunal. These days, if you go to the tribunal and are found guilty, 2 weeks is usually the minimum you will receive. The league is cracking down on abuse and swearing etc, I think the point has been made.

Some interesting games this weekend, with the VCFL match of the day being Merbein vs Robinvale.

Some interesting games this weekend, with the VCFL match of the day being Merbein vs Robinvale.[/quote]

Call me stupid but wouldnt the match of the day be between Mildura and Irymple or Imps and W/Worth i mean Robinvale will win by 100 + points infront of a tiny crowd i cant see that being a great spectical for the VCFL.

Crunch game for Wenty and Imps loser going to 3 and 3 and will slip out of the 4. Ill go Wenty only because they gave us a bealting, how they lost the week after has still got me beat.

Red cliffs will role south. And i hope the Swallows get up but Mildura are looking great at the moment

Some interesting games this weekend, with the VCFL match of the day being Merbein vs Robinvale.

Call me stupid but wouldnt the match of the day be between Mildura and Irymple or Imps and W/Worth i mean Robinvale will win by 100 + points infront of a tiny crowd i cant see that being a great spectical for the VCFL.

Crunch game for Wenty and Imps loser going to 3 and 3 and will slip out of the 4. Ill go Wenty only because they gave us a bealting, how they lost the week after has still got me beat.

Red cliffs will role south. And i hope the Swallows get up but Mildura are looking great at the moment[/quote]

Would have to agree with you on all counts. I think WW homw ground will help them over the line in a close game.

How/When do the VCFL come up with the game of the round?

i would disagree with that

and its 2 weeks off with 2 suspended.

it seems that they have made a example of him

bit harsh i think

Very harsh and if the player in question had been Brad Eaton he would have got of lighter for sure as its his father in law in charge. 2weeks for swearing is a joke.

Very harsh and if the player in question had been Brad Eaton he would have got of lighter for sure as its his father in law in charge. 2weeks for swearing is a joke.

Surely this great loss will put merbein out of the final race.
Eato needs to swear at the ump?
Keenen and Yeates in the 2's?
Merbein are travelling just nicely!!
Maybe Roger Bath will get another run in the 1's?

it was great to have Mark Alvey playing again today. he was brilliant in the 2nd half, we went down to imps but the form he showed today put alot of hope into the club's season. lets hope he has an uninterrupted run and show us all how good he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back