Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Reading the guide yesterday and was interesting to see the rules of the new points system that the league has brought in of the past couple of years.

Going by this system wouldn't that put Mildura points to 24, 2 more points than they are allowed???? and if they are over what is the league doing about this?

it was great to have Mark Alvey playing again today. he was brilliant in the 2nd half, we went down to imps but the form he showed today put alot of hope into the club's season. lets hope he has an uninterrupted run and show us all how good he can be.

I think you are getting a bit excited there:rolleyes: .

Yes it was good to see him back playing, however brilliant is a bit of an overstatement.

Was Reading the guide yesterday and was interesting to see the rules of the new points system that the league has brought in of the past couple of years.

Going by this system wouldn't that put Mildura points to 24, 2 more points than they are allowed???? and if they are over what is the league doing about this?
Obviously they are not over otherwise the league would have done something. Surely the league would have more knowledge then yourself as to what points players at Mildura attract.

Obviously they are not over otherwise the league would have done something. Surely the league would have more knowledge then yourself as to what points players at Mildura attract.

In my opinon i don't think they do, i can name the players which attract points and how many points they attract. and it adds upto 24!:thumbsdown:

interesting to see rvale let merbein kick so many goals. mildura look the goods. matthews on fire, maybe connick can break the hoodoo. imps looked good but were lucky to get away wit the points, bad kicking by the roo's.

interesting to see rvale let merbein kick so many goals. mildura look the goods. matthews on fire, maybe connick can break the grand final hoodoo of 4 consecutive grand final losses. imps looked good but were lucky to get away wit the points, bad kicking by the roo's.

Are lookin good at the moment but cant afford to get ahead, to quote the cliche one week at a time

Long time reader, first time writer. Would say all games this week followed the scripts. Maybe the Vale could have boosted their % a little more.

Show us your number!! Very Interesting.

Well boys its not that hard to do just right down all the players that u think attract points.

But there is only 1 variance the clubs can self assess and if the SFL agrees with the Club then the points can vary from the rules. That is clearly what has happend as clubs can not get the player cleared if they are over.

Here are Mildura's players that will attract points what they are is currently between Mildura and the SFL and no1 else knows so i wont add them up cus i could be wrong due to self assessment. Which is within the rules.

Troy Hosking
George Szentplay
Dean Sloarch
Woolford
Danny Obree
Ash Connick Note 1 of there coaches is 0 points
Ricky Mcglashan
Jake Anstey

If i have missed any let me know. But it makes no difference cus Mildura are not over the limit the SFL would not allow them to be.

I do beleive that it should be common knowledge what all clubs are on but that is only my opinion.

What do u guys reckon. I like the system more incentive to bring the local boys up we have played 6 this year which is great for the swallows.

Well boys its not that hard to do just right down all the players that u think attract points.

But there is only 1 variance the clubs can self assess and if the SFL agrees with the Club then the points can vary from the rules. That is clearly what has happend as clubs can not get the player cleared if they are over.

Here are Mildura's players that will attract points what they are is currently between Mildura and the SFL and no1 else knows so i wont add them up cus i could be wrong due to self assessment. Which is within the rules.

Troy Hosking
George Szentplay
Dean Sloarch
Woolford
Danny Obree
Ricky Mcglashan
Jake Anstey

If i have missed any let me know. But it makes no difference cus Mildura are not over the limit the SFL would not allow them to be.

I do beleive that it should be common knowledge what all clubs are on but that is only my opinion.

What do u guys reckon. I like the system more incentive to bring the local boys up we have played 6 this year which is great for the swallows.

Can someone please explain how the points system works?? Is there a limit on the number of points for each team?? Do new players attract more points??

From the names you have there, it appears as if you are just picking names out of a hat to get those points. What about players such as Decks, Leng, Rossiter, Matthews??

Please enlighten me.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain how the points system works?? Is there a limit on the number of points for each team?? Do new players attract more points??

From the names you have there, it appears as if you are just picking names out of a hat to get those points. What about players such as Decks, Leng, Rossiter, Matthews??

Please enlighten me.....

In most leagues every year you're at a club you cost 1 less point. If the players you have mentioned have been there a long time they might be zero. Dunno, think that's how it goes!:confused:

Troy Hosking
George Szentplay
Dean Sloarch
Woolford
Danny Obree
Ricky Mcglashan
Jake Anstey
These are the players i was going to name Delray and these are the points they should attract

Troy Hosking - 3
George Szentplay - 4
Dean Sloarch - 4
Woolford -3
Danny Obree - 4
Ash Connick- 3
Ricky Mcglashan - 4
Jake Anstey - 3

That is a total of 28 and as you pointed out one of their coaches is 0 points so take out o'bree (would be the smartest move) and that takes their points to 24, or can someone teach me a maths lesson???
And all of these players have played seniors, except hosking, who i would think will play seniors in the coming weeks!

Please enlighten me.....

This is the Absolute Basic there are alot of little issues that pop up.

There is a limit on on all clubs 22 is the basic Merb, W Worth and R Vale Get extra for being out of town and u get extra points if u finish in the bottom half.

All local players, which means played juniors with say Mildura ie Ant Mathews, and Ash Spencer are 0 points to Mildura. Jason Eagle, Matt Carn are 0 to Irymple. Mcglyn boys, Alvey 0 to Wentworth, Hards & Hickies 0 to Imps, Oconnors R/Vale Ect

Players that have swaped clubs with in the SFL Like George Szentpaly, Mick Ficcara and Brad Thomas are ether 4 or 5 points depending on games played.

All other recruits from outside the SFL are awarded points on their playing history. Imps Ruckmen is 3 or 4. New dude for R/Vale 3 or 4. the Clubs self assess the player first then the SFL gives the final approval. all recruits reduce 1 point per year.

Club gets 1 Coach at 0 points.

Hope that Sheds some Light on the issue

Troy Hosking
George Szentplay
Dean Sloarch
Woolford
Danny Obree
Ricky Mcglashan
Jake Anstey
These are the players i was going to name Delray and these are the points they should attract

Troy Hosking - 3
George Szentplay - 4
Dean Sloarch - 4
Woolford -3
Danny Obree - 4
Ash Connick- 3
Ricky Mcglashan - 4
Jake Anstey - 3

That is a total of 28 and as you pointed out one of their coaches is 0 points so take out o'bree (would be the smartest move) and that takes their points to 24, or can someone teach me a maths lesson???
And all of these players have played seniors, except hosking, who i would think will play seniors in the coming weeks!

R McGlashan was a junior at Mildura, would this cancel out his points?
Maybe this brings Mildura under?

Troy Hosking - 3
George Szentplay - 4
Dean Sloarch - 4
Woolford -3
Danny Obree - 4
Ash Connick- 3
Ricky Mcglashan - 4
Jake Anstey - 3

That would be the total following the letter of the law. But as i have mentioned the clubs have the option to self assess so from the list a dead easy 1 to reduce would be sloza. He is comming from Merbein but he did originally play for mildura and is 36ish so i am just assuming Mildura would have said he was worth 2 points and the SFL would have aggreed bringing there total back to 22 points and within the Limits. All the others would have no case to reduce Except maybe Mcglashan depending when he came accross from Red Cliffs.

Just came back to the district on work. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Who are some of the real young guns in the league?

Just came back to the district on work. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Who are some of the real young guns in the league?
Have watched several different clubs this year and the stand out for young guns would be Watt from WW and Richardson for IMPS. Mason for Iryple is good grab and has good size, but will struggle against Ough and Deckert (elder gentlemen of this leage), Bowen for R/Cliffs has been in the best 2 weeks in a row. Should some of these even be considered for the SENIOR interleague squad??? Watt is sitting high in all the player of the year polls, must be doing something right.

Troy Hosking - 3
George Szentplay - 4
Dean Sloarch - 4
Woolford -3
Danny Obree - 4
Ash Connick- 3
Ricky Mcglashan - 4
Jake Anstey - 3

That would be the total following the letter of the law. But as i have mentioned the clubs have the option to self assess so from the list a dead easy 1 to reduce would be sloza. He is comming from Merbein but he did originally play for mildura and is 36ish so i am just assuming Mildura would have said he was worth 2 points and the SFL would have aggreed bringing there total back to 22 points and within the Limits. All the others would have no case to reduce Except maybe Mcglashan depending when he came accross from Red Cliffs.
Does the same/any Points system apply to the Millewa?

That would be the total following the letter of the law. But as i have mentioned the clubs have the option to self assess so from the list a dead easy 1 to reduce would be sloza. He is comming from Merbein but he did originally play for mildura and is 36ish so i am just assuming Mildura would have said he was worth 2 points and the SFL would have aggreed bringing there total back to 22 points and within the Limits. All the others would have no case to reduce Except maybe Mcglashan depending when he came accross from Red Cliffs.[/quote]

There should be no arguement to how many points a player is worth, you are either worth these points to every club or not at all.
A player could quite easily go around and play for every club then he would be a "returning player" for every club in the league. so how many points would this player be worth then?

If a player "returns" to a club he once played for it depends on how long he spent away as to how many points he is worth. ie. Slozza, because he has spent the last 6-7 years at merbein he will still be worth points.

There should be no arguement to how many points a player is worth, you are either worth these points to every club or not at all.
A player could quite easily go around and play for every club then he would be a "returning player" for every club in the league. so how many points would this player be worth then?[/quote]

Its obvious that there needs to be some flexibility. All situations are different. Get over it champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back