Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the transfers already posted on the VCFL site plus reading and hearing rumours around the traps it looks as though a mass exidous is happeing at the roos (or is it rats leaving a sinking ship). Guess their recruiters will be looking hard to find anyone with 2 legs and some degree of a heart beat to get 2 teams on the park in 2008.
what's happened at good old Roo land?Alvey must be trainning them too hard, they're all going to Gol Gol Hawkes! and Merbein are loosing a few! wonder if Harry will play back at Meringur,their all going there. Golly Hawkes and Meringur, looks top 2 teams next year!:eek: 2 teams in Merbein, not so good for the town!

what's happened at good old Roo land?Alvey must be trainning them too hard, they're all going to Gol Gol Hawkes! and Merbein are loosing a few! wonder if Harry will play back at Meringur,their all going there. Golly Hawkes and Meringur, looks top 2 teams next year!:eek: 2 teams in Merbein, not so good for the town!
Are u a merbein supporter or what legends? have u been down to training? I think not. The guys we have already recruited plus the others coming with the ones training who haven't committed officially, it looks like the only way is up. It might not be too far but to paint the picture it will be a struggle is absolute crap. The vibe around the place is good and i can't see us not improving. If u support the club like u claim get down and have a look and give some positive input rather than the jekkyl and hyde approach u have at the moment

Looking at the transfers already posted on the VCFL site plus reading and hearing rumours around the traps it looks as though a mass exidous is happeing at the roos (or is it rats leaving a sinking ship). Guess their recruiters will be looking hard to find anyone with 2 legs and some degree of a heart beat to get 2 teams on the park in 2008.

I don't think its as bad as being made out at wenty. i've been down to training and the senior squad will still be competitive. only major losses are Vandy, jacko.
Belly is going round again, James watt is staying another year and even Oughy was at training Wed so he may be a chance, Bath will be handy. With players such as alvey, cumming, bell, clay, rigby's, king, lipetri, watt, they are still going to be a force. there is still quite a bit of time before the season starts so anything can happen, we may have a ressies side yet. hopefully:thumbsu:

I don't think its as bad as being made out at wenty. i've been down to training and the senior squad will still be competitive. only major losses are Vandy, jacko.
Belly is going round again, James watt is staying another year and even Oughy was at training Wed so he may be a chance, Bath will be handy. With players such as alvey, cumming, bell, clay, rigby's, king, lipetri, watt, they are still going to be a force. there is still quite a bit of time before the season starts so anything can happen, we may have a ressies side yet. hopefully:thumbsu:

I'm disappointed that Russell Andrews has a clearance in to go to Bambill, real shame, does anyone know what the connection is there??
Has W/W named an ass coach??

Are u a merbein supporter or what legends? have u been down to training? I think not. The guys we have already recruited plus the others coming with the ones training who haven't committed officially, it looks like the only way is up. It might not be too far but to paint the picture it will be a struggle is absolute crap. The vibe around the place is good and i can't see us not improving. If u support the club like u claim get down and have a look and give some positive input rather than the jekkyl and hyde approach u have at the moment

What about all the so called recruits that were coming from balranald that have now committed to keeping their club alive in CMFL? Does that mean that Merve has lost an open cheque book for recruiting as well?

Isn't Watt going to Adelaide? SANFL???

Luke Gane has signed last week actually as assistant coach at merbein.
With keatchy coming home next week it can only be good for the club. Any news on new signings anywhere else guys?

Luke Gane has signed last week actually as assistant coach at merbein.
With keatchy coming home next week it can only be good for the club. Any news on new signings anywhere else guys?
I thought it said in the paper the other week that luke gane was going to be assistant coach at one of the millewa clubs. I think it was either werrimull or meringur

I thought it said in the paper the other week that luke gane was going to be assistant coach at one of the millewa clubs. I think it was either werrimull or meringur
He trained with us last night, i think the thing in the paper was done weeks ago with nothing official signed. The equivalent job in a better league is probably what swayed him.

hey there. jus wonderin if u no an aboriginal bloke that use to coach up that way years ago. jus wanted to no if neone nos where he mite b these days???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewey Carr is playen footy up in Darwin now Bro:eek::eek::mad:
Yeah he is but he has been past it for a while now. Interesting he has hasn't come back for a season must be settled up there now. I don't think he'd get a run for Imps this year anyhow. How are the green and white looking doughnuts?

Yeah he is but he has been past it for a while now. Interesting he has hasn't come back for a season must be settled up there now. I don't think he'd get a run for Imps this year anyhow. How are the green and white looking doughnuts?

Saw Stewy play on the TV late last year and he looked better than he ever has. Very fit and still hard at it. I have seen him in a lot worse shape and still playing seniors for IMPS!

Had a bit of a look at the Pies train last week. Skills still need plenty of work but Merv had em running around a bit. Only four new faces I could pick out, Riordo, Chooka and the two Duscher Boys. Good numbers there but pretty much the same faces as last year. My sources in Melbourne tell me they were in negotiation with one of the best running wingmen I have seen and played with. Will cost a penny plus flights every week.

Will wait and see on this one. I'm not sure the guy will travel but if he does then he is my tip for the McLeod. More to come as I hear more about it...........Sorry guys, no names just yet. I want to confirm the rumour first.

I hear the guy in question is Overland. I've been told they have offered him $1500 a game plus flights and accomodation. What a joke Merbein is trying to spend money like this, the $30,000? would be better off on say 6 good players at $5000 each.
Now the wood cutter has taken his money I think Merbein will struggle to buy any big recruits

I hear the guy in question is Overland. I've been told they have offered him $1500 a game plus flights and accomodation. What a joke Merbein is trying to spend money like this, the $30,000? would be better off on say 6 good players at $5000 each.
Now the wood cutter has taken his money I think Merbein will struggle to buy any big recruits
I don't know too much about the bloke in question, but so far we have riordo, chooka, chilton, duscher, gane and have retained keatchy. Jezza Weinert is back from overseas so all these blokes are handy some real handy. Plus another 2 blokes i won't mention as yet i think we should be well under budget. I don't think we would be silly enough to spend more money than what we have. Positive so far with training in full swing just can't wait to start the matches

Irymple play Swan hill on the 9th of march in Swan hill. Expect a very young list to hit the park.

Worrying signs out your way Delray. Big losses and no mention of any recruits yet.
Very hard to replace Carn, Jess, Turnball, Crisera, Byrnes and maybe Eagle. Think there might be a couple of others I have missed so I guess you will have a very young side all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back