Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha to good yabs, very similar to international school teachers sept us poor accountants actually have to work all year :eek:.

Well now that ur out of the coaching game surly u can give us your thoughts on the big improvers of 08. having been invovled in the CMFL what can u tell us of the players that are comming in from that league. R/C landed thier assistant coach from woorinine. And the Maggies have picked up a few from the sinking ship that was balranald. Are they gunna have a big impact in the SFL

Im thinking that mildura are at least 2 quality players ahead of the pack at this early stage. Any 1 else's thoughts

No problems Leon. I dont think there is any doubt that South Mildura, Merbein and Red Cliffs will all be better than they were in 07. I also think that Mildura will be marginally better as well. Imperials will be just as good as they were. Eagle's loss hurts Irymple badly but I would expect they'll play finals. Still have too many good players and juniors not too. Wentworth if they can gain some consistency and have a good year with injury will make the 4. I have no doubt. They've lost some players but none of their top 10 except Vandy. Thats assuming Belly plays. Robinvale...who knows? I would expect the 4 to stay the same with 9 wins getting you in this year as Sth, RC and Merb will win their share against the top 4. I've heard the new RC assistant is handy, a mid size half forward. Merbeins Balranald boys are all senior players and will make a difference....... if they get cleared! There will be no easy wins to be had this year.

Not to bad at all yabbs and harry. Well i think thats great for the league 2008 seems to be very tight i reckon every1 has been begging for an even comp should make for intresting football.

Just a little note dont write eagle off for the swallows just yet.

Here is a little bit of information for yous. Over the last 11 years all SFL clubs have 1 a flag i think thats a pretty good effort for the league.

Any other intersting facts please share.:thumbsu:

1.) He must be a Gun a name would be sensational, 2.) these payments are starting to sound alot like what balranald have been offering and look at them now. Reading the CMFL site they are at risk of Folding!!!! Its pretty simple will know how true the rumors are by 2009 cus if the figures im hearing are true they will be in a spot of bother then. Unless they have 1 of them special wells that never drys up.

The problem with footy clubs is the money is so hard to make yet so easy to spend.

I mean most people enjoy playing footy on top of that good players get 400 and above for approxometly 6 hrs of work a week. Sometimes i just wish players wernt so greddy. I mean what other job pays between 60-120 per hour.

South announced a $60,000 profit for the year of 2006 after all bills and players were paid. They did not increase thier spending in 2007 and sold another house which I imagine would give them plenty of cash in reserve. Their problem was that they wouldn't spend it in the right places but obviously they are now trying to lure some good players.

My thought and always has been is that they put that money toward their juniors who they seem to lose at that 18-20yr age group. Catta would never had left had they wanted to spend a little of the money they had in their coffers. Even putting on a function without having the players pay for it might go a long way to keeping people around the club.

Lets hope they spend wisely and for the betrement of the club.

South announced a $60,000 profit for the year of 2006 after all bills and players were paid. They did not increase thier spending in 2007 and sold another house which I imagine would give them plenty of cash in reserve. Their problem was that they wouldn't spend it in the right places but obviously they are now trying to lure some good players.

My thought and always has been is that they put that money toward their juniors who they seem to lose at that 18-20yr age group. Catta would never had left had they wanted to spend a little of the money they had in their coffers. Even putting on a function without having the players pay for it might go a long way to keeping people around the club.

Lets hope they spend wisely and for the betrement of the club.

do they build the houses that they sell or do they buy an older house and renovate how does this work?

Well thats an amazing effort i take my hat off to the sth boys. Knowing cata fairly well and now knowing the cash situation Sth are in, i really cannot beleive that they cut a tiny contract and lost possibly 1 of there best local telents. for the sake of around

Well i suppose it all boils down to spending it wisely and in the right areas.

Reading on the Hume FL thread about Jarrod Arentz going to Jindera (Just out of Albury)

There is a fair bit of talk on it, has anybody else heard about this??

As long as Jarrod is living and working in Swan Hill he will be playing for TooleyManang.

do they build the houses that they sell or do they buy an older house and renovate how does this work?

Im not sure how long they have been doing it but certainly the last three years I was at the club they would build a new house and then sell it. Good cash earner and a very smart way to make it.

Yes Delray, you can possibly start to see my gripe about losing players they never needed to and not paying other players more money when they clearly warranted it (No matter what age they are).

The $60,000 profit was made publically in the paper so it wasn't just an in house thing. Its a credit to the club and committee to think outside the square and raise that money but they need to spend it where it counts on the field rather than on plans to extend thier bar and social rooms.

The $60,000 profit was made publically in the paper so it wasn't just an in house thing. Its a credit to the club and committee to think outside the square and raise that money but they need to spend it where it counts on the field rather than on plans to extend thier bar and social rooms.[/quote]

Ibis i do Aggree with what u are saying its pointless having all the facilities in the world if its not backed by a good football team.

However Capital works secures the long term future of the the club take irymple cost us 150K to build the rooms but without them i dont think we would have ever dragged ourselves out of the hole we were in.

Finding the right mix is extremly hard but from the outside it seems as though sth will certainly pick up on the field and if they can extend there social rooms and bar it should turn out to be a great year for the doggies.

Im not sure how long they have been doing it but certainly the last three years I was at the club they would build a new house and then sell it. Good cash earner and a very smart way to make it.

Yes Delray, you can possibly start to see my gripe about losing players they never needed to and not paying other players more money when they clearly warranted it (No matter what age they are).

The $60,000 profit was made publically in the paper so it wasn't just an in house thing. Its a credit to the club and committee to think outside the square and raise that money but they need to spend it where it counts on the field rather than on plans to extend thier bar and social rooms.

The extensions and improvements off the ground will help attract the quality people. I know if I was new to the area and tossing up offers between Sth & WW (poor facilities) I would be looking to south for sure and I am sure that is how it will work in the future. Good Lights, good rooms and a good social club will all lead to a stronger club. I think they are heading in the right direction.

Reading on the Hume FL thread about Jarrod Arentz going to Jindera (Just out of Albury)

There is a fair bit of talk on it, has anybody else heard about this??

You have to wonder how this garbage starts. One of the posts actually said he had already moved and was training with a club there! No truth at all. Staying where he is.

Heard yesterday Eagle is staying at Irymple. Good news for the league if true.

Mildura's first run last night. About 30-35 trained including Hosking and Tierney who both looked fit.

can anyone tell me why the lake clubs in the millewa are not considered when players are looking at making the move from in town?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The extensions and improvements off the ground will help attract the quality people. I know if I was new to the area and tossing up offers between Sth & WW (poor facilities) I would be looking to south for sure and I am sure that is how it will work in the future. Good Lights, good rooms and a good social club will all lead to a stronger club. I think they are heading in the right direction.

I agree. Good facilities is a good drawing card to players and I have commended the committee for what they have done off the field. I was simply saying they didn't have the balance of off field and on field finances right. They haven't been prepared to pay the locals and this has shown by the number of players that have left. Of course that isn't the sole reason why people have left but it has cost them some of their better players and other players coming to the region in the last couple of years.

I hope they do get the balance right cause I love the club and played the majority of my life there. I just don't want to see another bought premiership like 98 and have the club sink back down cause they have brought in more players form outside than stick with and look after the locals.

Mildura would be pretty happy with obtaining the services of Josh Dawson this year, He has been a star in Bendigo the past few years.... huge motor and finds the footy at will!

I wonder how many speed boats he's getting??;)

Heard a rumour that the Balranald recruits at Merbein are going back. Can you confirm this Wellsy?

Yer heard that to off a merbein committee member... Also heard a few of the boys at merbz are playing at Meringur this year!!

Hi all

Need some info about a player at Irymple - Sam Curran
looking to recruit for season 08

Hard running midfielder I believe.

Beep, Sam has signed with Irymple a long time ago so i reckon u may have to start looking somewhere else for recruits. :thumbsu:

But ur mail on his playing ability is pretty spot on,

Well the demons move from strength to strength. Dawson will be an extremly handy pick up both on and off the field.

Top six teams will be tight with mildura being the stand out blanket finish for the remainding 5. and i cant see 7 or 8 being easy beats. gunna be a good comp im tipping.

Hey Ibis apart from you being Human Natures biggest fan, there is a rumour going around that you have gone over to the "Dark Side". Any truth???

I agree. Good facilities is a good drawing card to players and I have commended the committee for what they have done off the field. I was simply saying they didn't have the balance of off field and on field finances right. They haven't been prepared to pay the locals and this has shown by the number of players that have left. Of course that isn't the sole reason why people have left but it has cost them some of their better players and other players coming to the region in the last couple of years.

I hope they do get the balance right cause I love the club and played the majority of my life there. I just don't want to see another bought premiership like 98 and have the club sink back down cause they have brought in more players form outside than stick with and look after the locals.

does anyone one have the names of the new players heading south bulldogs way and there ability at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back