Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of crap, have a look at half the South players, they are lightly built but they have a dip, if they are young and inexperienced then perhaps they should be playin twos to get a bit of experience, Spives and Gathers out at the same time is a huge loss so the boys did theselves proud, give credit where it is due

Kelvin 69 said:
Undermanned meaning lightly built, young, inexperienced, raw etc. Ibis and Nakkers have been talking South up all year and now it is getting to the business end of the season and South seem to be playing like a team that doesn't warrant a top 4 position. How is your depth??

Nakriel said:
What a load of crap, have a look at half the South players, they are lightly built but they have a dip, if they are young and inexperienced then perhaps they should be playin twos to get a bit of experience, Spives and Gathers out at the same time is a huge loss so the boys did theselves proud, give credit where it is due

I hear you blokes are one of the most expensive teams to put on the park in the SFL, therefore only just scraping into the 4 will be an underacheivment. I agree that Spivey and Gathercole are big losses but isn't it about time a few other well paid players lifted to even the work load???

Perhaps you need to wear a hearing aide or your informer is having a lend of you mate, there are a lot of other sides that are being played heaps, so what you have heard mate is just that........Crap

Kelvin 69 said:
I hear you blokes are one of the most expensive teams to put on the park in the SFL, therefore only just scraping into the 4 will be an underacheivment. I agree that Spivey and Gathercole are big losses but isn't it about time a few other well paid players lifted to even the work load???

I think that the biggest underchievement woud be that Irymple fail to take the last one out, after their Stellar year, who would be blamed. South have only just got back on their feet after paying for a premiership so playing top dollar for mercenaries is not an option, Thomas was offered good money to go to Balranald but stayed, Spivey could have got big money else where but chose the team that he played Juniors with, Gathercole could have gone anywhere but chose South again the team he played with in juniors, have a look at the list most of the players have been at South for quite a while, which shows club loyalty, which in several clubs is severely lacking

Kelvin 69 said:

Nakriel said:
Tony played a senior game against South the other week, young michael is still playing, but old Michael (Mick) has long retired, who did you play with??

I didn't play seniors with anyone but used to run around for the U/15's for the Tigers back in the day.

Sunraysia well represented at the Australian country championships at the Gold Coast.

Leigh Gathercole played in the winning Victorian side in division 1.

An old war horse currently playing coach for Wagga Wagga, who was overlooked by ACT the competition in which he plays, was picked up by NSW and ran out as vice captain. Matt Walder 36/37 yrs of age was selected in the All Australian Squad at the completion of the carnival. Walder was one of three NSW players to receive the honour.

Brian Weightmans grand-son Leigh Colbert was named All Australian Coach.

Nakriel said:
I think that the biggest underchievement woud be that Irymple fail to take the last one out, after their Stellar year, who would be blamed. South have only just got back on their feet after paying for a premiership so playing top dollar for mercenaries is not an option, Thomas was offered good money to go to Balranald but stayed, Spivey could have got big money else where but chose the team that he played Juniors with, Gathercole could have gone anywhere but chose South again the team he played with in juniors, have a look at the list most of the players have been at South for quite a while, which shows club loyalty, which in several clubs is severely lacking

Interested to see which clubs are lacking loyalty in this league Nakriel?? I think the league is heading down the right path with all the juniors coming through the ranks. I think you would have to agree with Kelvin that it would be a disappointing year if South were to miss finals. If we miss out I will be disappointed as will majority of the club. Injuries or not we still expected to be part of the action in September.

Yes Gladstone I do agree that it would be disappointing if South miss out, after all that is why the game is played to be the premier side in the competition, and at this stage I don't think that the four is settled, anyone hear the tribuneral results?? re Hards and Bell

Gladstone Small said:
Interested to see which clubs are lacking loyalty in this league Nakriel?? I think the league is heading down the right path with all the juniors coming through the ranks. I think you would have to agree with Kelvin that it would be a disappointing year if South were to miss finals. If we miss out I will be disappointed as will majority of the club. Injuries or not we still expected to be part of the action in September.

Nakriel said:
Yes Gladstone I do agree that it would be disappointing if South miss out, after all that is why the game is played to be the premier side in the competition, and at this stage I don't think that the four is settled, anyone hear the tribuneral results?? re Hards and Bell

Bell goes up tomorrow night. Hardsie got off.

But in saying that one wouldnt have to lock the knife drawer or call for the coaches head on a plate, it would just mean that we have go over this season and look to improve next year. And I think with the young group at the moment we should do well

Nakriel said:

Hardsie would be pleased,the Hards boys all have long memories, dong one and they will catch up with you, like their old man Boyo

GAblett said:
Bell goes up tomorrow night. Hardsie got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gladstone Small said:

Come on Nackers, clubs lacking loyalty? Who would you say?

Kelvin 69 said:
Undermanned meaning lightly built, young, inexperienced, raw etc. Ibis and Nakkers have been talking South up all year and now it is getting to the business end of the season and South seem to be playing like a team that doesn't warrant a top 4 position. How is your depth??

There are a couple of blokes running around in the ressies and Nathan John & Rati in the 3rd's that have played senior footy over the last 2 years.

Two teams that have proven they have some depth is Irymple and Imps.

So to answer you question the depth at South is ok

Looks like Badd's radio career is about to take off.

Talk is Mattman is about to take annual leave and Star fm are looking for a morning co host during this period. Scott Brimley has prior engagements and Badds seems to fit in the chair nicely.

Badds is weighing it up because it means he wont get the extra 3 hours to cuddle up with his future wife in the mornings.

Kelvin 69 said:

Hey Kelvin, I dont think this league is spending half as much as your team(toolymanang) put together. How much is Malcolm Polhner getting to drive back each week from adelaide?
Looking at Souths team there are only a couple of players who didn't play juniors there. There doen't seem to be much money splashed around at all this year in our league.

malleeboy said:
Hey Kelvin, I dont think this league is spending half as much as your team(toolymanang) put together. How much is Malcolm Polhner getting to drive back each week from adelaide?
Looking at Souths team there are only a couple of players who didn't play juniors there. There doen't seem to be much money splashed around at all this year in our league.

Probably not as much as you'd think. Pohlner is an ex-local returning home to play so you would assume he would not be getting as much as a blow in traveller might. Who would be spending the most in your league (SFL). I hear Robinvale and Irymple are handy with player payments. They would be nothing to compare with Balranald, Tooleybuc and Kerang here though.

Russ74 said:
Probably not as much as you'd think. Pohlner is an ex-local returning home to play so you would assume he would not be getting as much as a blow in traveller might. Who would be spending the most in your league (SFL). I hear Robinvale and Irymple are handy with player payments. They would be nothing to compare with Balranald, Tooleybuc and Kerang here though.

Irymple hey Russ? Care to elaborate on who at Irymple would be there on big money?:cool:

GAblett said:
Irymple hey Russ? Care to elaborate on who at Irymple would be there on big money?:cool:

I said thats what I'd heard. Have another read of my post, it says handy with player payments, nothing about big money. My sources tell me that Irymple would pay more than any other team in the league except perhaps Robinvale. Bit sensitive GA? Hit a nerve have I?

Russ74 said:
I said thats what I'd heard. Have another read of my post, it says handy with player payments, nothing about big money. My sources tell me that Irymple would pay more than any other team in the league except perhaps Robinvale. Bit sensitive GA? Hit a nerve have I?

Nah mate was just looking at the team from saturday and there is a couple that didnt play juniors there but seem to have been long time servants of the club. Could it be that your club is struggling this year and shifting the attention to a more successful side?

GAblett said:
Nah mate was just looking at the team from saturday and there is a couple that didnt play juniors there but seem to have been long time servants of the club. Could it be that your club is struggling this year and shifting the attention to a more successful side?

Well, yes you are right about that. One joint coach has a cracked vertebre and the other a wrecked ankle. We spent a sh it load ourselves and probably wont even make finals. No attention shifting mate just saying you'd spend your share. Am I wrong?

If you're referring to David Brynes he isn't a joint coach neither is Morris, not officially at least but from what i can gather they both contibute as all senior players should.
Seeing they have both missed a lot of games this season they probably wouldn't have cost the club much at all.
Anyway what is "big money". Minor leagues closer to Melbourne and large regional centres would pay more than the SFL.
What attracts me to Irymple is what they have accomplished over the last five years. Pity there were not a few flags in there to reward their effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back