Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
chalkie said:
Can anyone explain why Harley was able to play this weekend when many people thought he was going to be suspended for not playing interleague.

Not sure but I reckon I heard something about him seeing a doctor about a letter that stated playing interleague may have been harmful to him even after playing the weekend before interleague. We all know how easy it is to get a Dr's certificate. The suspension rule is impossible to enforce in 99% of the cases.

Couldn't agree more with you badds, South won't make the 4 this year. They are 6 players better than last years side that came third but they are not playing smart football this year.
Who do you think the final 4 will be? I believe us and Irymple are safe but who will miss out, Mildura, Wenty or Robinvale?

Matter of a fact I have yabs, and I dont know them personally but each time I have seen them play they both yabbie out the back where no one seems to be and point taken they have beat our side but I still maintain that they are not in and under players. I have nothing against either of them

Yaaablett said:
A couple of McLeod medallists there Nakriel. I've seen both play a fair bit and neither shirks anything. Coaches are a pretty soft target mate, ever been one yourself? You obviously dont like these two players personally but no need to write rubbish. I believe the two coaches who lead their side from the front (apparently not getting a hard ball) have defeated your team over the last month.

3inarow said:
Couldn't agree more with you badds, South won't make the 4 this year. They are 6 players better than last years side that came third but they are not playing smart football this year.
Who do you think the final 4 will be? I believe us and Irymple are safe but who will miss out, Mildura, Wenty or Robinvale?

irymple,imps,mildura,wenty is my final four robinvale to miss....

badds said:
irymple,imps,mildura,wenty is my final four robinvale to miss....
I will be interested to see how Wenty ends up. I spoke with a player from Wenty last week (admittedly a reserves player) and he reckons the team is going well but there has been a few arguments between Alvey and Bell throughout the year. He said at times the players are not quite sure whats going on because Alvey and Bell are saying different things. I know Belly is back playing but does anyone know if Alvey will make it back by the end of the year?

Lazy Dave said:
I will be interested to see how Wenty ends up. I spoke with a player from Wenty last week (admittedly a reserves player) and he reckons the team is going well but there has been a few arguments between Alvey and Bell throughout the year. He said at times the players are not quite sure whats going on because Alvey and Bell are saying different things. I know Belly is back playing but does anyone know if Alvey will make it back by the end of the year?

Your thoughts Badds?

Lazy Dave said:
Your thoughts Badds?

arguements thats news to me, as a match committee you have debats over who should play and where.. you would find that at most clubs.. everything is fine at wenty we are on the rite track and that info you have got of a so called twos player sounds very far fetched to me... as for me being back b4 the end of the year i honestly dont know just going to see how it comes up, at the moment id say prob not.. be very dissapointed if we dont play finals though.......

Lazy Dave said:

I heard this as well. I hear the boys in the box making the moves wished alvey was on the field instead of being a noisy pest in the box.
I guess it's just frustrating for him not to be playing.
Agree with badds with Austin being the most consistant backman in the league, very hard to take a mark on him.

Nakriel said:
Matter of a fact I have yabs, and I dont know them personally but each time I have seen them play they both yabbie out the back where no one seems to be and point taken they have beat our side but I still maintain that they are not in and under players. I have nothing against either of them

Your thoughts are quite similar to those of Gutsy on those certain players Nakkers. Any comment?

South making the four will be tough from where they are now. Sitting with 4 wins over Red Cliffs, Robinvale, Wentworth and Merbein respectively. Losses to the top 3 sides. Dropped their second game against Red Cliffs. Plenty of excuses, not much action. I won't write them off though ...

Wentworth looked alright on the weekend and should have the game over by half time. If they play as confidently as they did on the weekend they will be tough to beat for the rest of the year. Although Belly kicked 5 he could have had more and looked a little tight in the cold weather. Rigby killed us and GS could have done with a block or two. Nevermind ...

Rumor: Mildura are close to signing one of the Workers bar staff (of the female persuasion) to give the post game talk for future games after leaving an impression on coach Ryan O'Callaghan on Sunday. She absolutely tore shreds off him for our shenanigans and gave the boys the spray of the weekend too, beating O'Callaghans baking of the team on Saturday arvo by at least a half head ...

Not gutsy santoz just I like a player who makes play by getting the ball and busting packs, not making any excuses for the losses all of them were winnable, players seem to get into a comfort zone and relax, this week should be a real tester to see where we are

Santoz said:
Your thoughts are quite similar to those of Gutsy on those certain players Nakkers. Any comment?

South making the four will be tough from where they are now. Sitting with 4 wins over Red Cliffs, Robinvale, Wentworth and Merbein respectively. Losses to the top 3 sides. Dropped their second game against Red Cliffs. Plenty of excuses, not much action. I won't write them off though ...

Wentworth looked alright on the weekend and should have the game over by half time. If they play as confidently as they did on the weekend they will be tough to beat for the rest of the year. Although Belly kicked 5 he could have had more and looked a little tight in the cold weather. Rigby killed us and GS could have done with a block or two. Nevermind ...

Rumor: Mildura are close to signing one of the Workers bar staff (of the female persuasion) to give the post game talk for future games after leaving an impression on coach Ryan O'Callaghan on Sunday. She absolutely tore shreds off him for our shenanigans and gave the boys the spray of the weekend too, beating O'Callaghans baking of the team on Saturday arvo by at least a half head ...

Nakriel said:

Senior coach I meant. Not much scrutiny on junior coaches. Anyway, how many games do you reckon will get you in? i reckon you might sneak in this year with 10. Your draw is the toughest, no doubt. With 9 to go you play Robinvale, Imperials twice and all others once. I reckon the next 3 weeks shapes Sth's season - Rob at Rob, Imps at No 3 and Wenty at Wenty. If Sth make the 4 they will be a threat as they will have claimed some big scalps.

3inarow said:
I heard this as well. I hear the boys in the box making the moves wished alvey was on the field instead of being a noisy pest in the box.
I guess it's just frustrating for him not to be playing.
Agree with badds with Austin being the most consistant backman in the league, very hard to take a mark on him.

well theres only two in the box who make moves so get your story right......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made some phone calls yabs, plenty of scrutiny on junior coaches, all those parents wanting their little treasures playing,and I agree mate it is a very tough draw with Robinvale at home will be difficult and a real test

Yaaablett said:
Senior coach I meant. Not much scrutiny on junior coaches. Anyway, how many games do you reckon will get you in? i reckon you might sneak in this year with 10. Your draw is the toughest, no doubt. With 9 to go you play Robinvale, Imperials twice and all others once. I reckon the next 3 weeks shapes Sth's season - Rob at Rob, Imps at No 3 and Wenty at Wenty. If Sth make the 4 they will be a threat as they will have claimed some big scalps.

And as I said earlier all the games were winnable and Im not making excuses we just go to sleep

Yaaablett said:

Nakriel said:
Made some phone calls yabs, plenty of scrutiny on junior coaches, all those parents wanting their little treasures playing,and I agree mate it is a very tough draw with Robinvale at home will be difficult and a real test

Good call. Some parents are out of control. Not only parents of junior players either! So how many will get you in Nakriel? You're on 4 can you win 6/7 out of 9.

I reckon 7 from 9 this week will decide if we really want to be there or no

Yaaablett said:
Good call. Some parents are out of control. Not only parents of junior players either! So how many will get you in Nakriel? You're on 4 can you win 6/7 out of 9.

Just caught up on the last 10 pages and it's obvious to me that Red Cliffs will win the 2006 SFL flag. Why? They're the only team not to be written off! Fair dinkum guys, one loss and sides are no good and can't win the flag. Wentworth get rolled by Robinvale and they are no good, next round they beat Mildura and are now in with a show! How about we look at some sustained form. I don't see much Sunraysia footy but from the outside Irymple are looking pretty good and Imps are always around the money. What price on the quinella Yabster?

Nakriel said:
And as I said earlier all the games were winnable and Im not making excuses we just go to sleep

Well dead s--t i continue to read reasons for your team not being able to win games. Kicking points, falling asleep pretty big faults to overcome! more sleep might be a good start...Give the winning sides some credit mate. Down to Robinvale to take on the mighty eagles this week, no travel sickness ok!!

Bit nasty there Gritty see your a newbie, changed names have we?? not making excuses and will be no travel sickness

Gritty06 said:
Well dead s--t i continue to read reasons for your team not being able to win games. Kicking points, falling asleep pretty big faults to overcome! more sleep might be a good start...Give the winning sides some credit mate. Down to Robinvale to take on the mighty eagles this week, no travel sickness ok!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back