Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_KNIFE said:
Connick prepares for games well Played in last Grand Final with broken ribs .Lacked off feild support at the new club.

he seems to do the right things to get the club to the big one but surely you cant select someone on that, their past history has to take some place in making the decisions and if i was on the committee at mildura i wouldnt be happy with coming second

Nard 06 said:
Connick would come with massive baggage after over-seeing 5 losing flags in succession! Fled to crappy minor league after last 1 at helm of Tooly/Manang, before heading back to Mild. Suggest anyone reading this looking at his appointment, proceed with severe caution. I'd suggest his coaching days are over! Lacks punch in big games come September, mud sticks!!:thumbsdown:

eyerybody and thats a fair few that i have spoke to bout connick as coach all speak very very highly of his coaching talents, you could do far worse than have ash connick as your head coach....

V.Cattogio said:
strong rumour doing the rounds re new joint coaches at a certain sfl club next year and its not wenty but im not going to say who unless its guessed correctly as i said its only a rumour......
heard it too badds ARENTZ & CONNICK WILL BE AT THE HELM AT MILDURA IN 2007........[/quote]

my rumour involves one of them two with the other still to be worked out by the people on here...

Nard 06 said:
Connick would come with massive baggage after over-seeing 5 losing flags in succession! Fled to crappy minor league after last 1 at helm of Tooly/Manang, before heading back to Mild. Suggest anyone reading this looking at his appointment, proceed with severe caution. I'd suggest his coaching days are over! Lacks punch in big games come September, mud sticks!!:thumbsdown:

How can you say that when the standered of footy of GRFL is nearly as good as the SFL?:thumbsdown:

badds said:
heard it too badds ARENTZ & CONNICK WILL BE AT THE HELM AT MILDURA IN 2007........

my rumour involves one of them two with the other still to be worked out by the people on here...[/quote]

Arentz will coach Tooleybuc next year, Connick will coach Mildura on his own & Faulkhead will not coach Red Cliffs

Connick prepares for games well Played in last Grand Final with broken ribs .Lacked off feild support at the new club.

What sort of source said that he lacked support. Do you mean in terms of confidence of the board/presidents etc. or in other terms. Not sure what u quite mean in referrence to support:confused: .
When I have heard Ashley speak, he communicates very well and is one of the better spokesman as a coach, very big on planning and match-ups (maybe too much?) But feedback I have heard from his players was that training was a bit pedestrian and lacked variety. It was predominately the same drills week after week, yar after year and the players became a bit bored in relation to training. No doubt, he must do something right to get to the big one, but surely you should be able to pinch 1 out of 5!:thumbsu:

Nard 06 said:

What sort of source said that he lacked support. Do you mean in terms of confidence of the board/presidents etc. or in other terms. Not sure what u quite mean in referrence to support:confused: .
When I have heard Ashley speak, he communicates very well and is one of the better spokesman as a coach, very big on planning and match-ups (maybe too much?) But feedback I have heard from his players was that training was a bit pedestrian and lacked variety. It was predominately the same drills week after week, yar after year and the players became a bit bored in relation to training. No doubt, he must do something right to get to the big one, but surely you should be able to pinch 1 out of 5!:thumbsu:

One out of 5 is reasonably successful Was appointed by new commitee. probaly lacked a bit of support from commitee in the finish but main problem for him was bench.

Very hard to please both parties in the first year of a merger for sure. U saying the players on the bench lacked talent, had injuries, or that the selectors on the bench were Nuff Nuffs. Sam Lowerson was a huge loss that day and 3 or 4 players carrying injuries and lacking fitness

Ibis100 said:
Coaches thoughts

Imperials - Hard to replace a coach that took out the 2005 Premiership even if they do miss finals. Very injury depleted team and losing games by very small margins.

Mildura - O'Callaghan was leaving the district last year from what I hear but was talked into staying. Believe he is thinking of moving again at end of this year. If they miss finals I suggest Mildura will look within their current ranks for a new coach (Connick)?????

Merbein - Their current coach works for the President. Will probably get another year but they will need to recruit hard over the summer.

Red Cliffs - No results since taking over and not the most popular of coaches. I think they will be looking elsewhere next year.

Robinvale - Has turned the club around both on and off the field. If he wants to stay he will definatley stay.

Wentworth - Need to make finals for Belly to stay in charge. Had a run in with several junior players as discussed on here earlier in season and may have lost the respect of the players and committee. My tip is Alvey to take the raines. Seems to take alot of training already and with his experience and knowledge is the right man for the job.

Irymple - Eato will coach if he wants it.

South - I hope I get an extention on my contract. Please Lyle, pretty please, cherry on top.

I think you will find it is cory ocallaghan leaving the district not ryan.. So i dont c why ryan wouldnt still coach...

V.Cattogio said:
strong rumour doing the rounds re new joint coaches at a certain sfl club next year and its not wenty but im not going to say who unless its guessed correctly as i said its only a rumour......
heard it too badds ARENTZ & CONNICK WILL BE AT THE HELM AT MILDURA IN 2007........[/quote]

Arentz coach!! What sort of cash would have to change hands to see that?

Rabbito said:
heard it too badds ARENTZ & CONNICK WILL BE AT THE HELM AT MILDURA IN 2007........

Arentz coach!! What sort of cash would have to change hands to see that?[/QUOTE]
Boys, if Big Jack was to return to Mildura would he not be best served, for the comps sake to change the fortunes of one of the struggling sides?
(ie Redcliffs, Merbein). Imagine the draw to Quandong Park for example if the big number 9 pulled on a yellow and black jumper!
Your thoughts??

OK ok, maybe I was a bit over the top .......I owe this to my new best friend, Sunny Tzu, champion fellow, who has philosophized me into that realisation!

Formed an alliance have we zinger????????????????

zinger said:
OK ok, maybe I was a bit over the top .......I owe this to my new best friend, Sunny Tzu, champion fellow, who has philosophized me into that realisation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps with all this enlightenment you can give us a bit of history on your new best friend

zinger said:

Accepted Zinger, now down to the real stuff

Mildura: have they lost confidence after being there twice but still no cigar,
albeit close games they havent got over the line

Robinvale: Are they the real deal or perhaps peaked a little too soon, good side and I think one to watch.

Irymple: Seem to be the front runners at this stage of the year, but it not always a good thing to win every game through the home and away. Overconfidence may be their only enemy.

Wentworth: Must be given an outside chance.

Imperials: Are they gone?? been a while since they havent featured in September action, pretty hard to get there now though.

Souith Mildura: Seem to be recovering from their earlier form, but can they keep it up? I think the coming weeks will determine who is the contenders and who are the pretenders

Thoughts

zinger said:

Gladstone Small said:
Connick & Hosking to coach Mildura next year. There you go Badds.

I think O'Callaghan is a good coach also, wonder where he will fit into that situation.

bingo i said if anyone guessed it id confirm although remember this is just a rumour and there plenty of them at the minute.. but this did come from a very good source

Heard a strong rumor out of NSW country squad that J Arentz turned down the fullfowards spot .Probaly has something to do with a big game coming up against Balranald

badds said:
bingo i said if anyone guessed it id confirm although remember this is just a rumour and there plenty of them at the minute.. but this did come from a very good source

The last report I got from Hosking was he was moving to Mt Gambier next year. Michelle wants to move back to be close to her family.
This was the reason Hosking went back to mildura this year so he can have 1 last year before he moves + more cash.
Things could of changed though(more cash)

badds said:

Are you watching any footy this week badds?

badds said:

badds one problem with that rumour, i think you will find that he was cleared on the proviso that this is his only year there and next year he is to move to mt. gambier. having said that he also told us last year he would not walk out on the club and he did that so only time will tell.

but i am sure delray could fill us in with some more information?

Also just to stop any more unfounded rumours, Jarrod Arentz will play at Tooleybuc Manangatang next season and any speculation on the Mildura coaching position for next year is just that.......speculation. Does anyone actually believe that a club would have it coaching positions decided with 5 games plus finals to go???? Only sides that can't make the finals would be shopping around for a coach right now. If Ryan wants to coach Mildura next year he will with everyones full support.

malleeboy said:
Hey Yaablett, can you shed any light on these rumours?
Are you or Hosking coaching Mildura next year?

Malleeboy. See my previous post. GAblett, I have been private messaged who you are.... Interesting

Yaaablett said:
Also just to stop any more unfounded rumours, Jarrod Arentz will play at Tooleybuc Manangatang next season and any speculation on the Mildura coaching position for next year is just that.......speculation. Does anyone actually believe that a club would have it coaching positions decided with 5 games plus finals to go???? Only sides that can't make the finals would be shopping around for a coach right now. If Ryan wants to coach Mildura next year he will with everyones full support.
Thanks for clearing that up Yabs, you must admit it would have given your side a fairly formidable look about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back