Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark this date down in your diaries boys, Friday March 16.
Heard a whisper today that Mildura will be hosting a NAB Challenge
pre-season AFL game at Quandong Park again this year.
The teams will remain unknown until the opening rounds of the
NAB Cup have been run and won. This game is scheduled on the day
before the NAB Cup which will take place on Saturday the 17 of March.

Wellsy, whats the go with Congress? Know he definitely wants to go to Irymple but where do you guys stand on it? Do you let a good young player go in the hope he comes back or do you play hard ball and risk turning him against the club all together?
Yeah the few guys i've spoken to are against giving a clearance, but once the wheels get put in motion with paperwork through the SFL, then we'll see how hard we will play it. I certaintly wouldn't want to see him leave on bad terms. I don't want him to leave at all. He has talent but unless he shows consistency he will find himself playing seconds for more games than he thinks. Its not merbein out there and its a strong senior line up.
I really think he should enjoy his footy and if thats not at merbein so be it, but i can't see us letting him go without giving it our all to maintain him.
There are some guys out Kenny Park who don't want players who don't want to be there but realistically we need to keep as many of our young talented players as possible.

Yeah the few guys i've spoken to are against giving a clearance, but once the wheels get put in motion with paperwork through the SFL, then we'll see how hard we will play it. I certaintly wouldn't want to see him leave on bad terms. I don't want him to leave at all. He has talent but unless he shows consistency he will find himself playing seconds for more games than he thinks. Its not merbein out there and its a strong senior line up.
I really think he should enjoy his footy and if thats not at merbein so be it, but i can't see us letting him go without giving it our all to maintain him.
There are some guys out Kenny Park who don't want players who don't want to be there but realistically we need to keep as many of our young talented players as possible.

It's a shame that the rest of your blokes aren't like this coz a lot of ex players would've returned to the club by now if they were. Not only as players but maybe in a coaching role.

Yeah signed up a couple of guys who played for balranald, apparantly got dropped in the finals, not sure on what or where they play (or if they are any good). They looked young though so they won't fell left out with the current squad we have. Will find out more in the next few days and keep u guys posted.

Did Merbein sign the new teacher that is teaching at Merbein this year?
I hear he is a gun ruck rover from Melton.
I think you will find the 2 guys from Balranald wouldn't play senior SFL footy for any other club in this league.Hope your not paying money for them?

I think you will find the 2 guys from Balranald wouldn't play senior SFL footy for any other club in this league.Hope your not paying money for them?
What is the teachers name? Na don't think we paying much i know they have found a job for a couple of them so a little running around maybe didn't hear much in the way of money but i'll hear more as i go along. First run tonight i tell u i'm rat********, had a turn out of around 20, for us this time of year thats pretty good.
South Mildura are sharing our oval i didn't count five blokes who turned up. Don't know what the go was there, spivey set out a heap of cones and by the time we had done a 3km trial he was gone

What is the teachers name? Na don't think we paying much i know they have found a job for a couple of them so a little running around maybe didn't hear much in the way of money but i'll hear more as i go along. First run tonight i tell u i'm rat********, had a turn out of around 20, for us this time of year thats pretty good.
South Mildura are sharing our oval i didn't count five blokes who turned up. Don't know what the go was there, spivey set out a heap of cones and by the time we had done a 3km trial he was gone

Isnt that saying something????

They arent sharing your oval Wellsy, the league has forced South to merge with you blokes because they thought that you would both be getting flogged by 20 goals every week, thought it might make it a bit easier, has no-one notified you guys yet???

They arent sharing your oval Wellsy, the league has forced South to merge with you blokes because they thought that you would both be getting flogged by 20 goals every week, thought it might make it a bit easier, has no-one notified you guys yet???
Na it was that we didn't have enough blokes to run a train on your mother and since she has considerable stamina the SFL thought it only fair to make sure she was satisfied if you know what i mean:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find he's at South Mildura ...

I think you'll find he's at South Mildura ...

I forgot about Trevor Johnston too. From all reports South matched what Irymple were throwing at him so he decided to stay at Doggieland ...

You're a patient man sssm05! Signed up in May and your first post is now! I heard they picked up Atkinson but have not heard of any others. A guy from SA was mentioned.

Went and had a look at Imps train last night, they had around 30 players there, A couple of there big fellas look really good.

No one. Just interested that's all. Might be up tp watch few games this yr and was wondering who to watch out for.

Falvo Robinvale, on-baller would have played in the AFL if he was 6 inches taller.
Simms Irymple, CHF can win a club a flag himself
Gathercole,South Mildura, on-baller very strong, knee reco don't think he'll line up this year.
Alvey Wentworth, on-baller, didn't play last year broke his leg first game 06, looking for a big year, coaching Wentworth this year
Eaton Irymple coach, on-baller, not his best year last year (did coach them 2 a flag) can play

in todays paper peter congress indicates there is five sfl clubs that might struggle to field an u/18 side. can anyone enlighten me as to who they might be. surely it wouldnt be any of the city clubs or irymple. dosent sound too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back