Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder how this came about. Not just his pov about moving back to QLD, but also the club deciding he would be someone they would like on the coaching panel.
But it'll be interesting, will be coaching some players he played with lol

These are his comments

“I’m humbled and excited to be back at a footy club that I’ve already been so invested in and what a time it is to be involved with the club,” Greenwood said.

“My goals and vision haven’t really changed to what it was when I joined the club in 2020. It’s about helping guide and nurture this young and talented playing group, just with a different hat on now as development coach.

“It’s a great chance to work with great people at a great club. It’s an opportunity for me that’s been 10-15 years in the making.”

In Dimma We Trust
But allowing Greenwood and Jack Martin back in the beautiful little city is very hard to swallow for me.
It truly is a test of the trust.

I also get that he took the best deal for him and I can't begrudge that but like, damn if he didn't completely **** us over when he left for North. Surprised he wanted to come back so soon.

I do wonder how this came about. Not just his pov about moving back to QLD, but also the club deciding he would be someone they would like on the coaching panel.
But it'll be interesting, will be coaching some players he played with lol

These are his comments

“I’m humbled and excited to be back at a footy club that I’ve already been so invested in and what a time it is to be involved with the club,” Greenwood said.

“My goals and vision haven’t really changed to what it was when I joined the club in 2020. It’s about helping guide and nurture this young and talented playing group, just with a different hat on now as development coach.

“It’s a great chance to work with great people at a great club. It’s an opportunity for me that’s been 10-15 years in the making.”

From my understanding Greenwood was sold lies by nmfc but also thought he was going to be pushed out of his position by Alex Davies so took the opportunity plus nmfc offered longer years.

His wife still has regularly commented on suns social media posts since they left the club and regularly posting comments like “the true family club”
Hugh was also at the VFL grand final last year getting around all the players.

I am looking forward to seeing him working with Alex Davies as they’re a similar player and play the same position and someone we’ve needed since Hugh left

In Dimma we trust

In Dimma We Trust
But allowing Greenwood and Jack Martin back in the beautiful little city is very hard to swallow for me.
It truly is a test of the trust.

Pretty much everybody has Wet the Bed at some point Boddsy.......

Once the sheets are changed (and Dimma has changed the mattresses as well), it just looks like a normal bed and the only question is whether it is good to sleep in or not and how much the sleep costs.

Once the sheets are changed (and Dimma has changed the mattresses as well), it just looks like a normal bed and the only question is whether it is good to sleep in or not and how much the sleep costs.
We all have different perspectives that I respect but I have certain core values that I won’t back away from.

Greenwood (and Jack Martin) should do an apology video to the fans rather than waltzing in like nothing happened.

From my understanding Greenwood was sold lies by nmfc but also thought he was going to be pushed out of his position by Alex Davies so took the opportunity plus nmfc offered longer years.

His wife still has regularly commented on suns social media posts since they left the club and regularly posting comments like “the true family club”
Hugh was also at the VFL grand final last year getting around all the players.

I am looking forward to seeing him working with Alex Davies as they’re a similar player and play the same position and someone we’ve needed since Hugh left

In Dimma we trust
Its like Hugh went FIFO for 3 years get some needed cash for his young family and now hes back home.

No hard feelings, 3 finishes in the bottom 2 is already a harsh punishment

Pretty amazing that Day was only behind Collins on votes per game basis.

On a votes per game basis, Collins (2.96) ranked best from five-gamer Sam Day (2.80), Uwland (2.67y), Flanders (2.50), Andrew (2.45), Powell (2.39), Rowell (2.35), Long (2.29), Witts (2.19), Anderson (2.17), Ned Moyle (2.13) and Miller (2.0).

Day polled five votes in what turned out to be his last game for the club against North at Marvel, when he had a career-high six contested marks and a career-high five marks inside 50.

There is nothing and I mean nothing that beats a sporting redemption story
Jack Martin coming back after all the name calling and bad blood and kicking the winning goal in a Grand Final vs Carlton from a forward pocket fed a short arm hard ball get hand pass by Dusty in 2 years time?
Pumping the jumper and screaming Suns at all the purple faced Melbourne halfwits
That's Redemption.
That's with a capital "R"
Mini GF

Its like Hugh went FIFO for 3 years get some needed cash for his young family and now hes back home.

No hard feelings, 3 finishes in the bottom 2 is already a harsh punishment
I reckon he was offered a contract and a guarantee of a coaching gig by North when that Tasmanian guy was coach
When Clarkson arrived he was mouldy regurgitated cat food
I've forgiven him
We moan when guys drop us but there's 7 players leaving the Club this year who've given everything they could and we shed no tears for them.He had to take 3 years as a journeyman footballer

Jack martin can gagf
Greenwood tho in some capacity if he is qualified is fine. After all we did cut him and north took advantage of our stupidity.

Jack martin can gagf
Greenwood tho in some capacity if he is qualified is fine. After all we did cut him and north took advantage of our stupidity.
It seem beyond belief that the same guy that oversaw the Bowes trade and the Greenwood debacle is still the head of our trades team.

At least we could watch the same game over and over and get as excited as watching it for the first time

View attachment 2109335
This is how I already picture you and Ben Drever.

Greenwood I feel has served his debt to society (IE. Having to play for North for 3 years) and if he is beneficial to the club then I for one welcome him aboard.

Jack Martin is still a hard pass for me.

This is how I already picture you and Ben Drever.

Greenwood I feel has served his debt to society (IE. Having to play for North for 3 years) and if he is beneficial to the club then I for one welcome him aboard.

Jack Martin is still a hard pass for me.
Tell me, do you often picture two men together big red?
IMG_3710.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I root in it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back