Other Super Bowl 42 with Steve, Ed, SBS and Sen

Remove this Banner Ad

PS what is that about this being last time SBS has the SuperBowl? Does that mean that there will no longer be a free to air broadcast of the superbowl?

That's weird, cos when I was watching it live, Ed and Colin were talking "congratulations on six years together doing this, and here's to another 6 more years."

Guys...I think I can help solve the mystery of Colin's "6 more years" comment. He was just joking, knowing that this was the last SBS Super Bowl for awhile. Channel Ten has indeed bought the rights (not sure for how many years) and as many of you have indicated in your posts, they should be showing some of the CBS games live on Ten HD. As I understand it, the Super Bowl will be on Ten HD AND Channel Ten proper. SBS Sport people told me that Ten made a "good offer" and although SBS was given a chance to match it, they decided it was too expensive.

Guys...I think I can help solve the mystery of Colin's "6 more years" comment. He was just joking, knowing that this was the last SBS Super Bowl for awhile. Channel Ten has indeed bought the rights (not sure for how many years) and as many of you have indicated in your posts, they should be showing some of the CBS games live on Ten HD. As I understand it, the Super Bowl will be on Ten HD AND Channel Ten proper. SBS Sport people told me that Ten made a "good offer" and although SBS was given a chance to match it, they decided it was too expensive.

Shouldn't the government be ensuring the Superbowl stays at SBS by matching the offer, and retaining it for 'cultural' reasons?

Do you know, Ed, if Channel 10 will be buying you and Colin's services for the year long NFL presentations and/or the Superbowl? Or will they be hiring some clueless sports presenters like Tim Webster?

I mean, you and Colin (and Steve) would be the ideal people to have presenting on a regular basis given your years of covering US sports.

I want answers goddammit.

Sideline for me....closer to cheerleaders, fans, and also would ask the coaches and players tough questions not fluff. Eg:

GG: Bill, why did you run off the field like a big girl when there was still 1 second left? That's very disrespectful and bad sportsmanship.
BB: *cold stare*
GG: Well?
BB: *walks away from interview*
GG: Yeah, that's right, keep running away, Bill

gg and myself on the sidelines....some Raider love going on!!! So the complete opposite of espn then!

I reckon you could put dspeed and danielz in the booth. That could make for some interesting times..:D

edit: What about woodson, he might make good colour commentary as well.

Wow! What a game! What an amazing game! That Giants D Line was lights out.

Just let you know Steve that SEN announced that 74% thought the SB XLII was Boring... :eek: My bro-in-law who's a RAMS man rated it ONE of The BEST SB's since the Rams win over Titans.

A SB for the Purists, that's for sure, just like SB XL. ;)

Just let you know Steve that SEN announced that 74% thought the SB XLII was Boring... :eek: My bro-in-law who's a RAMS man rated it ONE of The BEST SB's since the Rams win over Titans.

A SB for the Purists, that's for sure, just like SB XL. ;)

Not surprised by that. 74% of their listeners are idiots. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, 74% thought it was boring. hahaha.
We live in crazy times!

I could not believe that - either these people do not have a pulse or they are brain dead. To think that some of those people vote in real elections!

I could not believe that - either these people do not have a pulse or they are brain dead. To think that some of those people vote in real elections!

That is a great indictment on how petty-minded and/or prejudiced against non-Australian sport a percentage of Australians are. That whole 'superiority' complex.

Or, it also shows how they cannot appreciate the nuances of a sport. Thinking that every sport has to be like AFL (with high scoring back and forth) for it to be considered 'enthralling'.

I dunno what to say about all that really. Just :rolleyes:

Cmon Brasher you need some AFC luuuuurve in that Booth :D

Swap GG and Sven, at least he is half used to cold conditions ;)

Actually Zark was just following the real life trend of Cowboy retreads filling the booths and talking head spots today...JJ, Irving, Moose, Aikman, Smith.....

OK for the 10HD double header...

Early Game:

Booth: Zarko, Sammy, Manureid
Sideline: Vic<Footy, Wiz
Colour: Danielz

Late Game:

Booth: JD, Woodson, Fuey
Sideline: Dspeed, Sven
Special In Game Analysis: GG
Colour: Mizza

In the studio (pregame show)

Marcuz
Con_SS
Cassius
Galactic

Apologies for any oversights.

Actually Zark was just following the real life trend of Cowboy retreads filling the booths and talking head spots today...JJ, Irving, Moose, Aikman, Smith.....

Early Game:

Late Game:

Marcuz
Con_SS
Cassius
Galactic

Woodson "Any news from the sideline Sven?"
Sven "It just looks like a white line Woody"

Oops - getting that confused with the actual Channel 10 coverage.....

Early Game:

Late Game:

Marcuz
Con_SS
Cassius
Galactic

A bit of Cowboy love in the studio! I reckon get yourself in the studio Brasher to even things out a bit. It will be one big Romo love in otherwise. Maybe you can take the x's and o's board or something, or get on the 'mini-pitch' they have to demonstrate some plays.

A bit of Cowboy love in the studio! I reckon get yourself in the studio Brasher to even things out a bit. It will be one big Romo love in otherwise. Maybe you can take the x's and o's board or something, or get on the 'mini-pitch' they have to demonstrate some plays.

I suppose I could the NFL post game wrap.....a bit of a Chris Berman without the whoops and the waist line.

I tell you what, they could do a lot worse (and will) than that lineup! Make it happen Ten!!!:thumbsu:

Will love to see gg in one of his 'Pats' special t-shirts roaming the sidelines at a Pats game....:)

Could you imagine gg doing special comments questioning Belicheck or doing the X and Os with Madden's telestraighter? He'd still be explaining the kick off teams coverage unit on the opening kick off as the game approaches the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter.

I suppose I could the NFL post game wrap.....a bit of a Chris Berman without the whoops and the waist line.

And with or without the off camera "What the F&$, who the ^#(, whatis going the f&%$ on" tirade that gg posted!!

Personally, this would be my 10HD line up...

Woodson as the show's host (think Berman-like, with the great character and little Woodson sayings).

Co-host would be a panel of expert analysts like Brasher, Manureid, JD, Zarko, Dspeed.

Actual commentators....I think people like Danielz, Wizard, and Sven, would make for great commentary --- excitement + statistical knowledge.

'color' commentators.....people like Mizza, Fuey, etc, would be great here, especially together with their natural rivalry/angst.

Sideline....got to be me and Vick<Footy asking the coaches and players the tough questions and also providing tidbits of interesting info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Super Bowl 42 with Steve, Ed, SBS and Sen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back