Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiXXX

Debutant
Feb 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
With no live scores - Having to refresh the superfooty page at the end of each quarter waiting for an update to come through hopefully before the end of the next quarter. The server crashing and unuseable before lockout. Server locking up at the end of each round.

The whole experience just feels completely povo.

Completely agree.

Always thought supercoach was better than dream team as the scores more accurately reflected performance.

But with the Herald Sun telling everyone who to pick and taking the research out of it and no live scores i'm going to be getting on dream team next year.

With no live scores - Having to refresh the superfooty page at the end of each quarter waiting for an update to come through hopefully before the end of the next quarter. The server crashing and unuseable before lockout. Server locking up at the end of each round.

The whole experience just feels completely povo.

Yes - AFL website is quite inconsiderate..hehehe...

Surely Heraldsun can get Champion Data to host the games or was it an I.P. issue..

Completely agree.

Always thought supercoach was better than dream team as the scores more accurately reflected performance.

But with the Herald Sun telling everyone who to pick and taking the research out of it and no live scores i'm going to be getting on dream team next year.

They went way overboard with the guides. The lack of live scores has taken away most of the excitement of watching a nail biting finish to the round.

On before the game today Mark robinson wasn't even allowed to mention the name Super Coach! The Tv channels, champion data and the AFL have all signed a big deal together trying to monopolize the market. In the mean time they have ruined an enjoyable, fun, free game that hundreds of thousands of people enjoy.

What a bunch of c unts!

I agree. Bloody stupid Herald Sun, I usually hate their papers, only read herald sun for the footy and supercoach, but this is seriously giving me more reasons to loathe them.

Supercoach website is still down. I got my scores but still blimely, they better add SC live scoring to their newspaper pages to reduce the server load.

I have no doubt in my mind that Herald Sun can provide live scoreboard on its website mainly because they have licensing rights to use Champion Data for supercoach, but I guess they don't want to cos they are just being ******s

Yeah the whole setup is p1ss poor. :rolleyes:

I am really missing the live scoring aspect of SC this year.

HS should definitely think about adding a live scoring system to their website similar to www.AFL.com.au if they want SC to remain popular and not have everyone jump ship to DT cause that's what will end up happening!

SC definitely hasn't upgraded at all. Champion Data are being right w***ers and apparently don't want to give away any more stats or ways to get points so they've thrown away live updates and have instead just gone by quarterly updates.

Quite stupid really.

Yeah the whole setup is p1ss poor. :rolleyes:

I am really missing the live scoring aspect of SC this year.

HS should definitely think about adding a live scoring system to their website similar to www.AFL.com.au if they want SC to remain popular and not have everyone jump ship to DT cause that's what will end up happening!

Given the lack of robust server-age they seem to have do you think that's such a good idea? Imagine how hard it would be for them if they had their customers wanting to look at the website all at once? :rolleyes:

I agree.....Herald sun has ruined SC simply by not allowing to have live scoring and especially for practicly picking everyones team by giving up all info in the papers purely for a buck !!!! Shame HS shame shame shame .... you just ruined a great fantasy sport game .... F***K SC i'm gonna be sticking to my DT from now on !!!!

Given the lack of robust server-age they seem to have do you think that's such a good idea? Imagine how hard it would be for them if they had their customers wanting to look at the website all at once? :rolleyes:

Surely they can figure something out, I don't care what they do I just want it like it was last year.

Not good enough..................:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last year if i recall correctly the same thing happend with the gameday live on the afl site.. it didnt show the sc for the first round... if i remember correctly by round 2 or 3 everything was back to normal with the live sc scores on gameday live.. i hope this happens again

Completely agree.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what is happening ... AFL and Champion Data are trying to take away some of the appeal of supercoach so people will move back to the AFL's official dreamteam comp

Herald Sun are going the other way and trying to make Supercoach as accessible to everyone as possible by giving all of the guides and the promotion ... it wont affect the serious players but will build up enough of a base (someone said 275,000 teams) to give some leverage over AFL/Champion Data with things like live scores

Eventually there will probably be only 1 comp surviving !

last year if i recall correctly the same thing happend with the gameday live on the afl site.. it didnt show the sc for the first round... if i remember correctly by round 2 or 3 everything was back to normal with the live sc scores on gameday live.. i hope this happens again

Hope you are right mate.

Completely agree.

I have to agree with you but for fantasy footy purists sc is the way to go....

And heraldsun have to pull their finger out and get live stats live this year or they will lose heaps of others over to afl's "spudteam"

It doesn't take a genius to work out what is happening ... AFL and Champion Data are trying to take away some of the appeal of supercoach so people will move back to the AFL's official dreamteam comp

Herald Sun are going the other way and trying to make Supercoach as accessible to everyone as possible by giving all of the guides and the promotion ... it wont affect the serious players but will build up enough of a base (someone said 275,000 teams) to give some leverage over AFL/Champion Data with things like live scores

This, I feel, hits the nail right on the head. The AFL is trying to protect DT. However, instead of improving it, they just sabotage their competitors. :thumbsdown:

+1 :thumbsu:

You guys are right with most of this stuff. the heraldsun advised me that there will be no live SC scores this year because the AFL wont let them. Obviously they would rather have live scoring on their site.

They have definitely given away too much free information this year, although dont worry too much cause most people dont know how to use it properly anyways.

I have to agree with you but for fantasy footy purists sc is the way to go....

And heraldsun have to pull their finger out and get live stats live this year or they will lose heaps of others over to afl's "spudteam"

You shifty whale hunter, as soon as i saw the the word "spudteam" i knew it would be Grollo the Great from Oslo, you finally cracked my secret haha ...no wonder our teams are similar this year...I might just convert you to dreamteam after all.

Good luck Groll's in foiling my threepeat.

Gat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back