Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Ben Reid expected to play forward for the whole year? IIRC he scored quite well as a forward last year, probably 15 or so points more than the 71 he's priced at in DT. Do you see him playing forward all year and being a viable fantasy option? Thanks in advance.

Unless we receive some bad injuries to our key backs (Brown, Keeffe, Frost) indications are that we will keep Reid forward. I think you might have answered your own question, do you consider 86 points per week a viable DT option?

Unless we receive some bad injuries to our key backs (Brown, Keeffe, Frost) indications are that we will keep Reid forward. I think you might have answered your own question, do you consider 86 points per week a viable DT option?
Yep I'll certainly take 86 points a week. Barely a dozen forwards would have averaged that last year, and as I said he's priced at 71.
Just on your key defenders, you've mentioned Jack Frost. Any chance he'll play consistently? The quality of the rookie defenders is so poor that I'm truly scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Yep I'll certainly take 86 points a week. Barely a dozen forwards would have averaged that last year, and as I said he's priced at 71.
Just on your key defenders, you've mentioned Jack Frost. Any chance he'll play consistently? The quality of the rookie defenders is so poor that I'm truly scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Doubt it. Injury or selection balance permitting. Brown and Keeffe are the starters. Against teams with 3 key forwards such as Sydney expect him to start. Against teams such as Freo, our round 1 opponent, I would say it is highly unlikely.

Can't see Ben Kennedy mentioned. He is not getting too much love on the supercoach board. Can I have some thoughts from some of you blokes and ladies on what you think his output, JS and role for the Pies this year may be?
THankyou and haveagreatweekend.

Can't see Ben Kennedy mentioned. He is not getting too much love on the supercoach board. Can I have some thoughts from some of you blokes and ladies on what you think his output, JS and role for the Pies this year may be?
Been very impressive in the 2 NAB Challenge games. However, with the inclusion of Adams and Fasolo returning from injury, I don't think he's an immediate start up 22 right now.

Will probably play primarily forward, but he was also our most frequent player for the sub. Given that Scharenberg, Karnezis and Freeman are all injured, I can't really see any other player taking that "role" away from him. However, you have to take into account he has definitely improved from last season.

Been very impressive in the 2 NAB Challenge games. However, with the inclusion of Adams and Fasolo returning from injury, I don't think he's an immediate start up 22 right now.

Will probably play primarily forward, but he was also our most frequent player for the sub. Given that Scharenberg, Karnezis and Freeman are all injured, I can't really see any other player taking that "role" away from him. However, you have to take into account he has definitely improved from last season.
Thanks. Just gives me more questions than answers LOL.... :)

We just sponsored him so you might get some biased answers on this board ;)

If you look just at a team sheet you probably think he is fighting it out with a few guys for one of the last 22 spots.

If you take in account his preseason form you gotta say he is highly likely to play. He's been nothing short of excellent and adds some pace to a side that needs it. Some of our best footy brains on the board tend to think this way too.

That said he is inexperienced, not a huge possession winner and has some disposal (decision making) issues to sort out. I'm not sure he will be a huge scorer in fantasy, but could be a great impact player for us in the real world.

If you like him, he might be one to wait and see for the round 1 named sides.

Thanks. Just gives me more questions than answers LOL.... :)
He would be a unique pick, but the main concern surrounds whether he's good enough to be an immediate best 22 player, which you think he would given his natural improvement, but the fact that Adams and Fasolo are ahead of him (Fasolo is iffy due to match fitness possibly) hurts his chances.

Then you have to take into account whether he will get the green vest or not, which given his track record he might.

I would look elsewhere tbh.

We just sponsored him so you might get some biased answers on this board ;)

If you look just at a team sheet you probably think he is fighting it out with a few guys for one of the last 22 spots.

If you take in account his preseason form you gotta say he is highly likely to play. He's been nothing short of excellent and adds some pace to a side that needs it. Some of our best footy brains on the board tend to think this way too.

That said he is inexperienced, not a huge possession winner and has some disposal (decision making) issues to sort out. I'm not sure he will be a huge scorer in fantasy, but could be a great impact player for us in the real world.

If you like him, he might be one to wait and see for the round 1 named sides.
CHeers guys, your time is appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Jamie Elliot's chances of having a breakout year this year? Like the look of him.
I would say he will improve as a footballer, but not enough fantasy points wise to become a keeper, which is what you would want for what he costs.

whats the chances of keefe being a decent scorer in the coming season/s...for a draft league (late pick)
I think he will generally take one of the talls in a man on man role and I would not envisage any great leap in his scoring going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back