Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll bump this question on Ramsay as I didn't see a reply anywhere.

What are your thoughts guys?
No one placed him in their best 22 foe round 1. Wasn't that flash in the latest VFL praccy game. Spoke to him as well and he didn't sound that confident of slotting in straight away. Will probably get a run sometime this year.

Hi all,

I had a quick look in this thread and couldn't find anything, but apologies if it has already been mentioned.

How has Lumumba's pre-season been, what role is he expected to play, and do you think he could improve his SC average this year?

All the best for tonight and the rest of the year. :thumbsu:

Hi all,

I had a quick look in this thread and couldn't find anything, but apologies if it has already been mentioned.

How has Lumumba's pre-season been, what role is he expected to play, and do you think he could improve his SC average this year?

All the best for tonight and the rest of the year. :thumbsu:
Going off his DT scores for the NAB cup, they were pretty average. I think we'll expect him mainly play off the wing, but who knows given how shaky our defence is this season. I will say that we were the 15th worst DT team in the NAB challenge, and that's most likely due to our more handball happy gameplan, which I think will affect Lumumba.

As for SC, sorry, I have no idea.

Thoughts on Langdon everyone? What is his job security like?
Hard to say, it depends on how he plays I reckon. Seedsman could possibly take his spot, he's not due at least Round 5. I'm not sure how Oxley is progressing with his injury. Right now, the only person who could contest his position is Jack Ramsay, and look at it this way, Tom Langdon was just drafted and is already playing ahead of him. I think his job security is good enough for a cheap rookie defender on the bench.

Hey guys,

I drafted Jarryd Blair in my Ultimate footy league as he had a pretty decent run for you guys last year...just wondering why he isn't currently in the team, is it through injury, form, or is he just a depth player now?

Hey guys,

I drafted Jarryd Blair in my Ultimate footy league as he had a pretty decent run for you guys last year...just wondering why he isn't currently in the team, is it through injury, form, or is he just a depth player now?
Didn't play any of the NAB Challenge games, only played in one VFL practice match. So you would assume he didn't get picked based on match fitness. As for, is he best 22? Well, his position in the side is always a hot debate, but I think he would be but it's anyones guess I would say.

Didn't play any of the NAB Challenge games, only played in one VFL practice match. So you would assume he didn't get picked based on match fitness. As for, is he best 22? Well, his position in the side is always a hot debate, but I think he would be but it's anyones guess I would say.

I will admit when I drafted him I went off last years stats alone and didn't do any research into his current form etc (he was like my 27th pick) so sounds like at the moment he is a depth player that is a bit out of form and lacking match fitness. Oh well, his on my bench for now, hopefully we can see him soon.

Thanks for the reply mate :)

Hey guys,

Injuries. Played his first VFL praccy game today. Seemed a bit rusty. Probably another week off at least.

Thoughts on Langdon everyone? What is his job security like?

There is a position available at half back for someone that takes the opportunity. Langdon barely put a foot wrong last night outside a few clangers. His job security depends on his consistency. If he keeps last nights performance up he will be a feature this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish I had David Swallow in my backline instead of McVeigh.

Cheaper and scoring well tonight.
:eek:

What premo defender did you go with instead?

This season, the medium price defenders were pretty much Suckling or Swallow. I went with both :p

:eek:

What premo defender did you go with instead?

This season, the medium price defenders were pretty much Suckling or Swallow. I went with both :p

I went with Bartel, McVeigh and Mitchell as my 3 premiums and Suckling as a midrange.
Kinda regretting it now since McVeigh only scored 80-something.

I went with Bartel, McVeigh and Mitchell as my 3 premiums and Suckling as a midrange.
Kinda regretting it now since McVeigh only scored 80-something.
My backline went, Mcveigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Suckling, Swallow, McDonald. I had money freed up because I went with a lot of cheaper premos that were on offer in the midfield this season.

My backline went, Mcveigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Suckling, Swallow, McDonald. I had money freed up because I went with a lot of cheaper premos that were on offer in the midfield this season.

Looks quite nice, at the moment I am 892/7 including my captain's score (Ablett).

Got Langdon (111) as an Emergency so hopefully he can come in.

My two lowest scores at the moment are McVeigh (82) and Rohan (47)

Looks quite nice, at the moment I am 892/7 including my captain's score (Ablett).

Got Langdon (111) as an Emergency so hopefully he can come in.

My two lowest scores at the moment are McVeigh (82) and Rohan (47)
I was looking okay last night but now with Dixon in the ruck and my back line not scoring well may have have another look next week. Hate trading first week.

Fairly happy overall, maybe I should have picked up Laidler (Mcdonald, Clurey, Langdon and Geourgiou at this stage).

Went Buddy over Parker but it was justified and I think he will come good. Can't decide on whether to start Clurey this week or one of Geourgiou/Langford next week.

Hi Pies fans, just looking for some thoughts on Kyle Martin for Ultimate Footy.
I heard he was injured, but his name is not on the AFL injury list.
He is on the rookie list. Is he eligible to be selected, or does he need to wait for a LTI?
How was his pre-season? What are your expectations for him?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Pies fans, just looking for some thoughts on Kyle Martin for Ultimate Footy.
I heard he was injured, but his name is not on the AFL injury list.
He is on the rookie list. Is he eligible to be selected, or does he need to wait for a LTI?
How was his pre-season? What are your expectations for him?

Cheers.

He barely played any footy in preseason.

He is not injured, he played and played well in the VFL last week against Bendigo.

He is a good player but starved of opportunity. Probably lower on the list of our mossie fleet for selection and you can only carry so many sub 180 types in the 22.

His only opportunity as I understand it for being promoted is LTI or at mid-season. Anyone care to correct me on this?

I will admit when I drafted him I went off last years stats alone and didn't do any research into his current form etc (he was like my 27th pick) so sounds like at the moment he is a depth player that is a bit out of form and lacking match fitness. Oh well, his on my bench for now, hopefully we can see him soon.

Thanks for the reply mate :)

I'd be betting he'll come in this week - performed really well against Bendigo last Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back