Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

lol - "pre-season training reports" are the last indication of whether a player will get a round 1 gig. If that were the case, we'd have 40 players running through the round 1 banner. Very very unlikely he'll play in the first half of the season let alone 1st round (excluding multiple injured players scenario)
Totally untrue. The 'pre-season reports' thus far have actually been pretty underwhelming imo.

(excluding multiple injured players scenario)
We already have like 7-8 players who are either injured or not doing full training. It's not like were magically going to have no injured players this year. I'm just recounting on what i've heard/read from people who have watched training, and that is De Goey looks likely to play early in the season.

Totally untrue. The 'pre-season reports' thus far have actually been pretty underwhelming imo.

We already have like 7-8 players who are either injured or not doing full training. It's not like were magically going to have no injured players this year. I'm just recounting on what i've heard/read from people who have watched training, and that is De Goey looks likely to play early in the season.
If you think they're likely to influence selection then I'm happy to take your money. :cool:

Think Jack Crisp will get a go in 2015?

He'd be no guarantee but perhaps. He'd be a guy you wait to see if he has two good games in a row before you make a move on him I'd suggest.

Witts. What's his role this year likely to be? And what sort of progression can we expect?
Well, he won't be a goalsneak small forward if thats what your getting at;)

I think he is number 1 ruck. Certainly the incumbent anyway. He really started to click towards the end of last year. He'll spend a bit of time up forward as well. Progression you ask? Most of us here expect gradual improvement year by year. If you're talking SC, I would be hoping for 80+ out of him. It might depend on how much time Grundy gets as well. He's looked pretty good this pre-season and hopefully won't be spending half the season in the VFL like last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Nathan Brown tracking? Hes cheap, I know he wont score high, but he is a good bench option who could slowly make some cash.
He fits and in full training. Have to assume that he will play. As you say, you know what you're going to get though

So far, I think I will choose Martin in the FWD line over Swan. Pendlebury is a lock for me, as well as Freeman, and I am strongly considering Grundy in the ruck. Definitely can't ignore Reid at that price on the FWD bench, as long as he doesn't do a calf in the NAB cup.

Please join my Fantasy league, Everyone Has Ablett League 2015 - Invite Code 3Z66DTR3

Cheers!

What are the chance of Maynard, DeGoey, Manteit and Oxley getting a game this year? Looking for some cheaper players to stock up on.

Expect De Goey and Maynard to be pushing for selection all through the season. They are most likely to get games but risk being sub. Personally, id look for Nathan Brown and Freeman because u can bank on them playing week in week out

Normally I'm wary about picking too many Pies players because my extra knowledge if them may create a bias, however, there seems to be heaps of SuperCoach value at our club this year.

I think there are anything up to about 12 viable choices, although I won't pick anywhere near that many. I think it's because our list is unique right now in that we have a lot of quality youth coming through with limited exposure and significant price growth potential, together with a sprinkling of elite talent in their prime who have had injuries and are underpriced accordingly. It's normally one or the other (or none) of quality youth in abundance or quality experience in abundance.

Whether it works for the team is yet to be seen, but it makes for a mean fantasy recipe!

who will be the highest scoring collingwood back and what do you think they will average?
Surely one of landgon/williams have to push for 83-90 odd since lumumba, ball, beams are gone and every other team has atleast on or 2 people in that scoring region. Since the back premium options are so bad, I feel like someone like langdon might start playing the heath shaw type role and smash out a decent average, or am i completely wrong?

who will be the highest scoring collingwood back and what do you think they will average?
Surely one of landgon/williams have to push for 83-90 odd since lumumba, ball, beams are gone and every other team has atleast on or 2 people in that scoring region. Since the back premium options are so bad, I feel like someone like langdon might start playing the heath shaw type role and smash out a decent average, or am i completely wrong?

It should be Seedsman, if he can stay fit. Marley is already playing where Shaw was but I don't see him being our highest back half scorer as his attributes, although excellent, don't quite fit the profile of SuperCoach gun. He is my pick for being our best backman over the next few years, just not in SuperCoach.

If Seedsman can lock down a spot off half back he could average 100 and join the absolute SuperCoach elite. He is quick, tall, good overhead and when confident the best kick at the club. He has also put on a lot of bulk this preseason. He could just as easily be a bust, though and find himself outside of the team. I am considering him but am biding my time until I see how we line up in the NAB Challenge games.

Last edited:
Well, he won't be a goalsneak small forward if thats what your getting at;)

I think he is number 1 ruck. Certainly the incumbent anyway. He really started to click towards the end of last year. He'll spend a bit of time up forward as well. Progression you ask? Most of us here expect gradual improvement year by year. If you're talking SC, I would be hoping for 80+ out of him. It might depend on how much time Grundy gets as well. He's looked pretty good this pre-season and hopefully won't be spending half the season in the VFL like last year
Keen to see how he goes in the NAB cup first after his off season shoulder surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back