English Super League Superleague 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't blame you at all for playing the kids, you have bigger fish to fry.

30 was a tad optimistic, though! :p
Apparently the bookies were giving Salford a 46 point start, I'll bet that tempted a few.

Anyway, championes! :D:D

Don't blame you at all for playing the kids, you have bigger fish to fry.

30 was a tad optimistic, though! :p
Apparently the bookies were giving Salford a 46 point start, I'll bet that tempted a few.

Anyway, championes! :D:D
Haha yeah. I was trying to be a bit of a smart arse. Didn't go my way 😂

I'm not sure how it's panning out. Realistically, who are you expected to be up against? I think it looks like we'll play Saints, assuming they beat Leigh, which I think they will.

I'm not sure how it's panning out. Realistically, who are you expected to be up against? I think it looks like we'll play Saints, assuming they beat Leigh, which I think they will.
Think it'll be us vs Saints. Warrington vs Leigh. Had a few tonight so not sure what's what at the moment haha.

I am so proud of my side. We have won the league, we have won the most games, and we have scored the most points. And we have the top try-scorer, Liam Marshall, by a distance, and we have played some great footy, with plenty of magic moments. But now it's all to play for.

And by the way, we have a guy already who is a considerable upgrade on KPP, and no doubt you'll be seeing him before too long.

Semi-final fixtures:

Hull KR v Warrington Wolves - Friday.
Wigan Warriors v Leigh Leopards - Saturday.

Winners meet in the GF at Old Trafford.

So Hull KR overcome Warrington to book their first ever GF spot. Albeit by a bitterly disputed try, I understand (still haven't seen it), but at the end of the day, Sam Burgess's side weren't able to score more than eight points. Two missed conversions probably cost them. Up to Wigan now to finish off Leigh and meet them in the final. Warrington may have been hard done by, but just like so many felt about the NRL GF, it seems fitting that first plays second. Let's hope that happens! :D

[edit: I wrote that yesterday, and obviously didn't press 'Post'! :rolleyes:]

And today...

Wigan 38 Leigh Leopards 0
And we booked our place at Old Trafford in fine style. Someone said on one of the Wigan sites; it was a performance of NRL top four standard, and I don't disagree. We didn't give a thing, won the land war in the first half, built a lead, and then turned on the heat in the second half. And Bevan French put his stamp on the game, as he so often does, with a rather wonderful solo try that Brett Kenny would have been proud of.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly a good season for Leigh, but can they be any more than two-season wonders? Their side is breaking up at the end of the season, and and it was never a deep squad either. As for HKR, they've had a great year. They have deservedly got the Final. Now it's up to them to make a decent fist of it.

Certainly a good season for Leigh, but can they be any more than two-season wonders? Their side is breaking up at the end of the season, and and it was never a deep squad either. As for HKR, they've had a great year. They have deservedly got the Final. Now it's up to them to make a decent fist of it.
I think they're in for a rebuild. Can say them being down the bottom with Cas and Hull FC.

Shame there'll be no relegation so Beaumont can be back where he belongs.

Remove this Banner Ad

English Super League Superleague 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back