Supporters getting it wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

judd.jpg

Was having a convo with a Carlton supporter last week. Anyway the topic of one Ryan Griffen came up and when he labled him soft, weak and a front runner i got a bit annoyed. Maybe he was a bit of a front runner early in his career but over the past few years he has become a truly great midfielder in his own right who even though we had a horrid year last year was one of our biggest contributors.

I'm not suggesting Griffen is a better player than Judd as he isn't but Giffen's stats compare very well with Judd's after roughly the same number of games played.

Anyway it just pisses me off when people obviously don't have a clue and talk shit!!

Rant over lol

Anyway any other stories of stupid comments by other teams supporters

judd.jpg

Was having a convo with a Carlton supporter last week. Anyway the topic of one Ryan Griffen came up and when he labled him soft, weak and a front runner i got a bit annoyed. Maybe he was a bit of a front runner early in his career but over the past few years he has become a truly great midfielder in his own right who even though we had a horrid year last year was one of our biggest contributors.

I'm not suggesting Griffen is a better player than Judd as he isn't but Giffen's stats compare very well with Judd's after roughly the same number of games played.

Anyway it just pisses me off when people obviously don't have a clue and talk shit!!

Rant over lol

Ryan Griffen has developed into a quality midfielder. Chris Judd of course is ahead of him and he is a great player. In that 2010 qualifying final when we lost to Collingwood by 62 points he was our standout player that night.

judd.jpg

Rant over lol

I have quite a few from Doggies supporters, do those count?

Haha i made that graphic lol

Griffs one of my favourites. I think our players are just under-rated because they play for the Bulldogs. If Griffen played at Collingwood he would have been favourite for the brownlow

Haha i made that graphic lol

Griffs one of my favourites. I think our players are just under-rated because they play for the Bulldogs. If Griffen played at Collingwood he would have been favourite for the brownlow

Lol i joined your facebook page today and it took me back to the convo with this Carlton muppet

One night during trade week I was working behind the bar and had some Carlton muppet tell me the Dogs should trade all off Boyd, Cross, Gia, Muphy, Lake, Morris and Hargrave. Had a good laugh at that.

what about the carlton muppet on trade week radio that wanted Jones for Paul Bower?

what about the carlton muppet on trade week radio that wanted Jones for Paul Bower?

That was so damn funny. The best part was how serious he sounded. I laughed for like 10 minutes. Good times.

Griffen is a star, but Judd is a superstar. Forget stats and that he plays for Carltank.
We will be telling our kids we saw Judd play live (like we get told about EJ/Barassi etc) and change games in one quarter, year after year. He Will be a Hall of Famer and Legend as soon as he is eligible after retirement, can't say the same about Griff atm.

judd.jpg

Rant over lol

Hah! Was it someone at work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Nathan Thompson pretty much break down laughing at that suggestion? I remember that guy being laughed off the radio.

Sure did. Scoffed at the mere suggestion of it :p
Poor guy. Had his big chance and was ridiculed for it. Oh well, it serves him right for being a moron.

Griffen is a star, but Judd is a superstar. Forget stats and that he plays for Carltank.
We will be telling our kids we saw Judd play live (like we get told about EJ/Barassi etc) and change games in one quarter, year after year. He Will be a Hall of Famer and Legend as soon as he is eligible after retirement, can't say the same about Griff atm.

Spot on

I think Griffen is the type of player McCartney is talking about when he says the Dog's often have had an unhealthy obsession to move the ball on, too often at times when it shouldn't be moved on so quick

I think Griffen is the type of player McCartney is talking about when he says the Dog's often have had an unhealthy obsession to move the ball on, too often at times when it shouldn't be moved on so quick

Griff does do that a lot, but it is a big strength of his. With his long kicking and speed it gets over the oppositions press really well. I'd say it was encouraged.

In saying that, he does sometimes do it too often, so I reckon you are probably spot on.

In the early days Griff was played as a burst type player who would be the second rotation in the midfield but wouldn't last long there, probably due to fitness. I think this effected his perception from others that still exists today.

Obviously now he's a mature star midfielder that lacks the offensive help in the midfield. Hence we only notice how good he is. Judd will always be better but Griff definately has some qualities over Judd, as previous posts have mentioned, his penetrating kicks, goal accuracy, his shake and bake moves.

He can also go back to half back maybe when his career winds down. Those battles he had with Gary Ablett were awesome.

I love Griff

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters getting it wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back