Supporters Stooping to a new low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mclean didn't disrespect a champion.

The player was Brett Kirk.

The supporters abusing an injured Mclean appeared to be Sandringham supporters.

How is Kirk not a champion, a champion isn't just about how flashy they were. Kirk did all the hard yards and got the best out of himself. Got himself a premiership along the way too which is handy.

McLean is rubbish, do you agree with not shaking hands with Judd if he offered ?

McLean didn't shake his and because it was the START of a game, I'm sure he would of shook it after.

Maxwell tried to shake Neitz hand at the start of Neitz 300th and Neitz didn't accept it, why don't you flogs harp on about that one.

[youtube]8SR4V_GA5xM[/youtube]

I like Kirk as much as anyone, but that was one of the great "who gives a shit?", "mountain out of a molehill" "incidents" in recent footy history.

I'm sick of the media making such a big deal over supporters that boo and jeer there own players. BIG DEAL it happens everywhere.

For example, certain players get boo'ed/jeered/have derisive songs sung about them pretty much every game in the EPL.

1. I don't see why McLean had to shake Kirk's hand. It was the start of the game. It may be impolite but hardly grounds for condemning a player. People get into fights before the first bounce, does that make them worse than McLean? If so, there are a lot of dogs out there.
2. I don't see what was wrong with some Collingwood supporters getting rid of undesirable fans. Just because you follow a team doesn't mean you have to like everyone else who does. Do you like all Victorians or Australians? I think if someone is ruining the game by being rude or aggressive then it is your duty not to support them whether they barrack for your team or not.
3. Having said all that, booing is impolite. I see no reason to do it to anyone who:
a) umpires games
b) simply plays for another side
c) has a bad game for your own side

1. You shake hands at the end of a game not the start. Seriously people get over that one. Kirk has so why can't you.

2. McLean is an undesirable character? Let's have a look at his rap sheet - pulled a burnout in a car park, ?had a fight in a german pub. Hardly enough to assassinate his character.

3. Last time I checked McLean dominates VFL, I doubt he was getting smashed in this VFL game. His problem is speed and he just doesn't have it at AFL. If feral Carlton supporters don't like him playing for their AFL/VFL side they should boo their coach or their recruiting/list manager. If they were Sandringham supporters then I think they should have a look at the scoreboard.

Nothing wrong with shaking hands before a game, i often do it when im playing Footy on the weekend or Basketball during the week.
Mclean was just typical scum when he refused.

Also saw the booing at the VFL when he got injured, nothing in it at all. Came off the field couple supporters yelled at him.. happens all the time at the footy

piss off some people do some don't. I've had people refuse my hand and didn't take it personally. Most of them seek you out at the end of the game.

I like Kirk as much as anyone, but that was one of the great "who gives a shit?", "mountain out of a molehill" "incidents" in recent footy history.

For example, certain players get boo'ed/jeered/have derisive songs sung about them pretty much every game in the EPL.

I'd like to think we hold ourself to a higher standard then EPL crowds. Some club's supporters get hissed at to sound like nazi gas chambers because of Jewish connections.

Gerald Whateley (sp) has reported on 774 that during yesterdays VFL Match, Brock McLean was booed off the field by Sandringham & Northern Bullants/Carlton supporters after doing an ankle injury. McLean was visibly upset & is seething according to Gerald.

Even though McLean is a questionable character, his own supporter base booing him is a disgrace.

McLean hasn't got questionable character, when he was at Melbourne he never had any issues that would called questionable, and I've never heard anything about him in the past.

iirc Kirk did that deliberately because he knew that McLean doesn't shake hands before a game, well played by Kirk :D

Yaco55 is spot on, there's also McLean leaving Melbourne at the first sign of doing it tough.

The sad thing is that his body just isn't up to it. Melbourne knew this several years ago, Carlton fans have probably just realised it as well so they're pissed about losing pick 11.
I kind of feel sorry for McLean, it's not his fault that his body is not up to it but on the other hand he decided to leave us so he's someone else's problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLean didn't shake his and because it was the START of a game, I'm sure he would of shook it after.

Maxwell tried to shake Neitz hand at the start of Neitz 300th and Neitz didn't accept it, why don't you flogs harp on about that one.

Good point. Neitz is a flog.

carlton fans that didn't want him have the right to boo. they have the right to do anything. the fans are the club. half the fans are probably better than mcclean anyway

So he should, dog act. Show a champion of the game respect especially when your rubbish yourself.

McLean came out at the time and says he never shakes a opposition players hand before a game always after it. It wouldn't matter if it was Desmond Tutu or Brett Kirk.

Brett Kirk didn't have a problem with it so why should you.

McLean came out at the time and says he never shakes a opposition players hand before a game always after it. It wouldn't matter if it was Desmond Tutu or Brett Kirk.

Brett Kirk didn't have a problem with it so why should you.

Because bogans have this frame of mind.

McLean thinks he's real tough for not shaking hands? Ridiculous.

1. You shake hands at the end of a game not the start. Seriously people get over that one. Kirk has so why can't you.

2. McLean is an undesirable character? Let's have a look at his rap sheet - pulled a burnout in a car park, ?had a fight in a german pub. Hardly enough to assassinate his character.

3. Last time I checked McLean dominates VFL, I doubt he was getting smashed in this VFL game. His problem is speed and he just doesn't have it at AFL. If feral Carlton supporters don't like him playing for their AFL/VFL side they should boo their coach or their recruiting/list manager. If they were Sandringham supporters then I think they should have a look at the scoreboard.

No one expects anything different from Carlton supporters. It's easier just to laugh at them and accept them as lower forms of human beings. :):thumbsu:

It was actually Sandy and dees fans abusing him when he was hobbling off the ground with an ankle injury...Why would Carlton fans boo one of their players that was possibly BOG and pressing for selection .

Sand/dees supporters were obviously bitter about him leaving the dees and tearing their vfl team a new one .

I'm used to seeing the scenes from that video at a soccer match not an AFL match.

As for the supporters abusing players etc. Like someone said early, there are the small % of supports who aren't really supporters. You can't blame a team loss on 1 player. We went through it at Essendon with Stanton. A small minority of "supporters" were having a go at him. I couldn't see what they were going on about. Stanton is a leader at the club and is pivotal in seeing it go forward.

I don't think this is a new low, we are just starting to zero in on some stupid behaviour and it gets highlighted in media circles.

It was actually Sandy and dees fans abusing him when he was hobbling off the ground with an ankle injury...Why would Carlton fans boo one of their players that was possibly BOG and pressing for selection .

Sand/dees supporters were obviously bitter about him leaving the dees and tearing their vfl team a new one .

Sandy are affiliated with StKilda. Not sure why Dee's fans would be there.

You do realise that Melbourne isn't affiliated with Sandringham anymore...

That'd be St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters Stooping to a new low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back