Opinion Survival Day - Jan 26

Remove this Banner Ad

It does work that way, it is how I got here :)

I think he was trying to get to me by calling me a so called 'arseh*le'.

I think he just ended up as the first person in 6 years to go onto my ignore list.

Got a ****head that's trying to start shit with me in Baltimore Jack I put him on ignore and I never went back. He's like a river that doesn't know where he's flowing He took a wrong turn and hasn't stopped going.

Life is good. :)

I think he was trying to get to me by calling me a so called 'arseh*le'.

I think he just ended up as the first person in 6 years to go onto my ignore list.

Got a ****head that's trying to start shit with me in Baltimore Jack I put him on ignore and I never went back. He's like a river that doesn't know where he's flowing He took a wrong turn and hasn't stopped going.

Life is good. :)
A bit harsh. Next time someone calls you that, think of this song and have a giggle. Unfortunately I no longer sport that kind of haircut but it was oh so true in those days.

I have an idea. Make the 26th Jan First People's Day, we celebrate the fact we have one of the oldest most amazing cultures in human history here. Then make the 27th Australia Day, we celebrate everything we have become since European setttlement. On both days we reflect on the good and bad, and have these discussions. Win-win and we get an extra long weekend.

A bit harsh. Next time someone calls you that, think of this song and have a giggle. Unfortunately I no longer sport that kind of haircut but it was oh so true in those days.

I actually thought it was very witty.

I have an idea. Make the 26th Jan First People's Day, we celebrate the fact we have one of the oldest most amazing cultures in human history here. Then make the 27th Australia Day, we celebrate everything we have become since European setttlement. On both days we reflect on the good and bad, and have these discussions. Win-win and we get an extra long weekend.
25th and 26th. I don’t see a point in celebrating something a day after it happened. 25th an all Indigenous day as it was and 26th (New) Australia day.

Your usual standard I would say. Still a bit harsh :)

Cheers. Nothing beats a witty response to someone that calls you an arseh*le. I'll try to tone it down a little next time though. :p

Cheers. Nothing beats a witty response to someone that calls you an arseh*le. I'll try to tone it down a little next time though. :p
Strange though that you didn't object to being called racist. So he was partially right ( or left) , just ill mannered in the heat of the moment.

Strange though that you didn't object to being called racist. So he was partially right ( or left) , just ill mannered in the heat of the moment.

I'm not a racist. I just can't be arsed getting into an argument with someone who is going to insult me either way.

I have spent my whole life doing that, arguing with people that aren't going to accept my opinion. One of them was my mother. (bless her though), it's time I took one for the team.

There's no winning in that. I'd rather sit back and watch the cricket on this miserly Melbourne day.

Sick of all this left and right wing politics, sick of this politically correct bs, yes, sick of being assumed of being 'this and that' because I don't have the same views as others, but definitely not a racist. :)

I'm not a racist. I just can't be arsed getting into an argument with someone who is going to insult me either way.

I have spent my whole life doing that, arguing with people that aren't going to accept my opinion. One of them was my mother. (bless her though), it's time I took one for the team.

There's no winning in that. I'd rather sit back and watch the cricket on this miserly Melbourne day.

Sick of all this left and right wing politics, sick of this politically correct bs, yes, sick of being assumed of being 'this and that' because I don't have the same views as others, but definitely not a racist. :)

2nd That Temploar. Sick of watching what you say just because someone might be Offended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best friend is an Indian. We just had a good laugh about me being "called" a racist.
You can have views or opinions also found amongst racists and that is enough to be labelled as one. Or any behavior that you might have in common. For instance carrying the Australian flag on Australia day. Just to bring the thread back on topic.

You can have views or opinions also found amongst racists and that is enough to be labelled as one. Or any behavior that you might have in common. For instance carrying the Australian flag on Australia day. Just to bring the thread back on topic.

People are very sensitive these days.
Very true and a great way to bring this thread on topic.

Don't have to do much to be called a Racist These Days:rolleyes:

Considerably more intelligent things have been written about Australia Day in this thread, whether in favour, against or neutral about it. I'm not sure whether that's a credit to BF or an indictment of current-day journalism, but there it is.

EDIT: Geez, I think I've been a bit snippy this year. I don't think much of the article, that's true enough, but it's far from the worst piece of journalism I've read recently. Seems that certain issues (historical-symbolic, law and order, the size of Schade's head) bring out my not-so-buried inner w*****, so I should probably apologise for any offence I've caused and leave well alone. I'm fun in the real world. Promise.

Last edited:
So I assume you would take the holiday away from those that don't go to Church on Good Friday or to Flemington on Cup Day?

I would have both as Non-Public Holidays and same go as the One before the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back