Opinion Survival Day - Jan 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Not particularly. Those are completely different demographics. They have a common theme called unemployment. Although areas of mass unemployment might be comparable when an area was dependent on a type of industry that suddenly fell away.

But the Goverment has taken money away that would help both Aborginals and Dis-Advantage People

You mean the Country of which they burned the representing flag and with that, insulting the people fought and died for it? Yep that speaks of enormous amounts of love and respect.
Yep, exactly that...and I'm not sure that a demonstration should be about other people values, or love and respect for that matter

Yep, exactly that...and I'm not sure that a demonstration should be about other people values, or love and respect for that matter
I don't think so either. But I am sure it is hypocritical at the least to point out to a countries freedom to demonstrate, the sacrifices made to defend that freedom and then defending burning the flag of that country. Mind you, the clowns burning the flag can't care less about that either.

But the Goverment has taken money away that would help both Aborginals and Dis-Advantage People
It is what governments do best, take away money from those that need it and give it to those that don't. Preferably from some remote office while studying a bunch of statistics.

It is what governments do best, take away money from those that need it and give it to those that don't. Preferably from some remote office while studying a bunch of statistics.

Shows how terrible the Goverment is and Why I can see why people hate Capitalism. Only Help the Mega Rich and Powerful

Wouldn't that be one of the things, including people who oppose invasion day, are burning flags and protesting about?

Yes but No Need to Burn the Bloody Flag to show that as it's the whole bloody world and just not 1.

I hate our PM and the Liberals's in Charge but do you go see me Burning the Aussie Flag because of that?.....NO YOU DON't

Wouldn't that be one of the things, including people who oppose invasion day, are burning flags and protesting about?
No, that is just you desperately trying to legitimize their behavior.

Shows how terrible the Goverment is and Why I can see why people hate Capitalism. Only Help the Mega Rich and Powerful
It is not capitalism, it is the lack of accountability and integrity by the politicians.

It is not capitalism, it is the lack of accountability and integrity by the politicians.

Well then I guess the Government is a Joke IF they can do what they want with next to no Accountability. Makes it a Joke

Well then I guess the Government is a Joke IF they can do what they want with next to no Accountability. Makes it a Joke
Well you got that right, the government is a joke. There is a lot of grease going around in the right wing circles and unions are nothing but a big legalised extortion scam. There is no alternative either with the 2,5 party system, the hate for the other side is stronger then the hate for the corruption within their own, so everything stays as is. A bit like the Trump scenario, that got voted in as alternative. They got an idiot in charge with no ties to existing political crooks but unfortunately people forgot he brings his own crooks with him.
The Chinese model has its advantages . If someone within the government becomes too powerful or discredits the Party, they organise a show trial and the person in question goes either to a labor camp or gets shot. Problem solved.

Well you got that right, the government is a joke. There is a lot of grease going around in the right wing circles and unions are nothing but a big legalised extortion scam. There is no alternative either with the 2,5 party system, the hate for the other side is stronger then the hate for the corruption within their own, so everything stays as is. A bit like the Trump scenario, that got voted in as alternative. They got an idiot in charge with no ties to existing political crooks but unfortunately people forgot he brings his own crooks with him.
The Chinese model has its advantages . If someone within the government becomes too powerful or discredits the Party, they organise a show trial and the person in question goes either to a labor camp or gets shot. Problem solved.

Going to Labor Camp or Getting Shot is a Bit Extreme but who ever leads the Chinese has all the Power so maybe someone going against him Might be a Good Thing as they are already to Powerful.

Our Goverment is looked after by Bib Business Donating(Bribing) Them so they can do what ever they want

Going to Labor Camp or Getting Shot is a Bit Extreme but who ever leads the Chinese has all the Power so maybe someone going against him Might be a Good Thing as they are already to Powerful.

Our Goverment is looked after by Bib Business Donating(Bribing) Them so they can do what ever they want
Had a chat with a Chinese collague , he was surprised that corrupt officials could stay in power or even get voted back in again. Certainly their measures are extreme but effective only to a point. In the end, it is the trick of not making it too obvious and not getting caught.
Btw to go back on topic, the traditional Aboriginal punishment of spearing was meant to leave a permanent mark ( = scar ) , similarly to the medieval technique of branding. I know a few politicians that should have the $ sign singed in their forehead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that is just you desperately trying to legitimize their behavior.
I'm not "desperate" to do anything
And by the way, their behaviour is already legitimate, it doesn't need any input from me

The fact you don't like it means nothing, you know why....because that's the society we live in, you are allowed to disagree with it, you just don't like them having the same rights as you

And by the way, their behaviour is already legitimate, it doesn't need any input from me

The fact you don't like it means nothing, you know why....because that's the society we live in, you are allowed to disagree with it, you just don't like them having the same rights as you

Wearing Australian flag = drunken racist ignorant bogan.
Burning Australian flag = Noble form of anti capitalist protest.
Pretty desperate if you ask me to give it that kind of spin.
Your last sentence is very loaded but let's interpret it positive. That they don't like the society they find themselves in, that doesn't mean much either then. Good to know , it is really about nothing then. Let's move on.

Last edited:
Wearing Australian flag = drunken racist ignorant bogan.
Burning Australian flag = Noble form of anti capitalist protest.
Pretty desperate if you ask me to give it that kind of spin.
Your last sentence is very loaded but let's interpret it positive. That they don't like the society they find themselves in, that doesn't mean much either then. Good to know , it is really about nothing then. Let's move on.
Sounds like someone who hates Australia. No One is Forcing people to Live Here

The way governments distribute money has little to nothing to do with capitalism.

Playing the racist card when Picaboo was referring to flag burning in general? Classy.

Pretty sure he'd be as disgusted at amember of his own family burning the national flag as he would anyone else regardless of race. As would I.

Then it's just that just about all Goverments are Super Corrupt?
I'm firmly of the belief that most politicians go in to politics with the best of intentions, but unfortunately rookie politicians have very little to no influence in party matters. Power corrupts, and as these politicians gain more experience and see others getting away with rotting the system they figure why not do it too. There are a few exceptions obviously, but it's a viscous cycle that's becoming more apparent and resulting in greater numbers of independents running, but change won't truly happen unless the current system is drastically overhauled, which is unlikely.

I'm firmly of the belief that most politicians go in to politics with the best of intentions, but unfortunately rookie politicians have very little to no influence in party matters. Power corrupts, and as these politicians gain more experience and see others getting away with rotting the system they figure why not do it too. There are a few exceptions obviously, but it's a viscous cycle that's becoming more apparent and resulting in greater numbers of independents running, but change won't truly happen unless the current system is drastically overhauled, which is unlikely.

Some might go in with best Intentions then turn Corrupt but I also think some going knowing about this and want part of it

Sounds like someone who hates Australia. No One is Forcing people to Live Here
A bit harsh to roll out the" if you don't like, just leave". For them it is a lot different then let's say for me. After all I came here out of my own will while they were born here. They have more reasons to complain and to make a stand. And for me the choice to leave the land of my ancestors was also easy, Oz is definitely an improvement to what Holland had become early 2000.
Imagine them, where would they go?
They will be forced to live in an environment that has no connection to their ancestral lands whatsoever which in their traditional culture is a big thing
The country will be completely alien to them. Whatever they want in lifestyle choices, they can't get it outside Oz.
Whether they can get it here is the big issue.

Playing the racist card when Picaboo was referring to flag burning in general? Classy.

Pretty sure he'd be as disgusted at amember of his own family burning the national flag as he would anyone else regardless of race. As would I.
Nah don't worry about it. It could be explained otherwise so let's assume the best. Besides the irony is that it is them that are outraged . I am a white immigrant, yet got the same rights as they have and in their eyes more privileges too.

"Doesn't matter who you vote for, you will always get a politician". I am very cynical about the average politician here. A good reflection of the average voter though.

Nah don't worry about it. It could be explained otherwise so let's assume the best. Besides the irony is that it is them that are outraged . I am a white immigrant, yet got the same rights as they have and in their eyes more privileges too.

"Doesn't matter who you vote for, you will always get a politician". I am very cynical about the average politician here. A good reflection of the average voter though.
"You don't like them having the same rights you do"? Not sure how that could be interpereted any other way. You're truly a tolerant person PB. That was a punch in the face worthy comment from BJ, but not unexpected. The man is a coward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back