FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Also need to get my hands on the puzzle they briefly showed, I think the first part was sundae - sun. Think that one's for kids though 😂
E_7zpppXsAERl8I

Day one alliance

Sundae-sun = Day
Wand - D = Wan (or one if said phonetically)

A + lions = alliance

Not that difficult imo, hence why Probst said it was for the "younger viewers" i.e. kids

Didn't know it was back, glad it's back. AU Survivor is too much of a commitment :grimacing:

Twists aren't as hokey as they have been, but at least give me one season where it's one immunity idol at one time and that's it.

Thought Shan gave off great vibes until tribal.

Wonder how many of them are as tight with Tiffany as Evvie, cause letting Abraham go is a choice. Two tribals makes that pretty risky.

No one was asking for a 'come on in guys' debate. Severe eye roll at all the meta Jeff commentary. Still not gonna remember this was a thing in a week.

Probst needed to go a long time ago when he became to heavy-handed in the micromanaging of this show and wanting for the show to stay in Fiji ever single season. Loved him but as soon as a new era starts on Survivor they needed a new host.

Probst needed to go a long time ago when he became to heavy-handed in the micromanaging of this show and wanting for the show to stay in Fiji ever single season. Loved him but as soon as a new era starts on Survivor they needed a new host.

I assumed they'd be in the States somewhere, like we did, due to covid.

Fiji gets ****ing boring, i completely agree.

When I said I wanted Survivor AU to be more like Survivor US, this isn't exactly what I meant.

Twists were meh

Imo- the simpler the better. If you need to write ****ing War and Peace trying to explain the twist- it should not be a twist in the first place.

Really don't like when they try to overplay how PC they are, can do it well without overplaying it.

Keen to see how intense the competition gets in the shortened format.

Keen to see how intense the competition gets in the shortened format.

I'm assuming the reward challenge rewards are going to be very meagre this year too.

Like no more- Here's a pizza and beer reward! More like.. here's a bowl of rice and tap water rewards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming the reward challenge rewards are going to be very meagre this year too.

Like no more- Here's a pizza and beer reward! More like.. here's a bowl of rice and tap water rewards.
Sounds like there won't be reward challenges this season.

If one of the women had taken offence to "guys", I believe that makes a compelling case for changing it. But is it for a man to take offence? (I'm assuming their gender identity here.)
I take it you missed the bit where he talked about his family? After hearing that, it was hardly surprising that he decided he objected to "guys"

No one was asking for a 'come on in guys' debate. Severe eye roll at all the meta Jeff commentary. Still not gonna remember this was a thing in a week.
I'm sure some people on social media/certain sections of the media that cover tv were, but there's a fair chance they've probably pissed off at least as many viewers for something so minor. I think if Jeff just dropped saying guys without making such a fuss about it that plenty of people wouldn't have realised or cared (but the people that do care would have noticed), but instead they've decided to wade into the "culture wars" unnecessarily

Agreed on most of the meta things. I don't mind seeing the camera people a bit more, but him talking directly to the camera was pretty cringey

Thoughts from this episode.

I have given up on most of the last few US seasons except WAW and DvG and i didnt like WAW much but i liked this first episode for what it was.

The guys thing is ridiculous.

I will give the twists/advantages a chance, hope that you cant come back after being voted out though.

Loved pastor Shan's "music" in her head, I am not religious at all but she might be my favorite at the moment. Have a feeling she will go far.

And why does every "superfan" start the game terribly! I like JD but he overplayed already, needs a AK/George type redemption and not an Andy one (au references)

Brad looks like a psycho, hope he goes to the end!

I take it you missed the bit where he talked about his family? After hearing that, it was hardly surprising that he decided he objected to "guys"

Honestly? Yeah, I totally missed that. Do I need to go back or can you sum it up in a sentence?

Didn't know it was back, glad it's back. AU Survivor is too much of a commitment :grimacing:

I am almost at the point where i am out on AU Survivor. With lifes commitments and a lack of time i don't think i can commit 5-6 hours a week to a TV show that requires constant attention.

And why does every "superfan" start the game terribly! I like JD but he overplayed already, needs a AK/George type redemption and not an Andy one (au references)

Probably because they'd be seriously doped up on adrenaline and they dont fooking think straight.

Twists a little bit over the top but at least they seem to be given to the players before the fact and no one is getting screwed by them being tacked on after a vote so far (see: Survivor AU). But I see what they are trying to do on refresh the series and I can get on board.

Good cast, a lot of interesting dynamics to explore.

The ‘guys’ thing is meh, I didn’t realise it annoys anyone but if it does then happy to change it. “Come on in” instead of “Come on in guys” is fine, probably could have just done it without spending 10 minutes announcing it though and no one would have even cared. Which is why I suspect it was Probst and production’s idea of optics.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back