FTA-TV Survivor 47

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it's just an opinion piece but that really seems just like an inane rant about how things used to be better before everyone worked out how to play.

And there are some glaring logic errors too.

He spends the first half of a paragraph complaining that idols, even with the extra work to unlock them, are too easy to find. Then finishes that paragraph with "memba when Parvati used two in the same tribal? That was great!"

Look at the final fire-making challenge. Sure, if you’re going to survive in the wild, you should be able to make a fire, but the fact that one skill now determines who makes it to the final three is ludicrous. It’s “outwit, outplay, outlast,” not “outkindle.” Probst has said he came up with this because he hated when a “likable character” didn’t make it out of the final five. Okay, sure. But if that likable character wanted to make it to the end, maybe they should have, I don’t know, played a better game rather than mastered the flint?

You could very much argue that making fire is part of outplay. I like the fire challenge. It's the one thing that stops a majority from simply going through the motions in that last tribal. It gives that cockroach player that just can't be squished a chance to upset an alliance. How is making fire any less deserving than being the goat in the final 3? Did a goat who's literally just a number for a vote because they know they won't get a vote at FTC "play a better game?"

Back in 2012, Probst said that there are more male returning players than female because “there just aren’t as many colorful women characters in Survivor history.” Meanwhile, two-time winner Sandra Diaz-Twine is [checks notes] a woman.

Wow. One example apparently proves Probst wrong that most, not all, of the interesting characters are male. And even Sandra's third and fourth appearances were pathetic. She sat there trying to be a mob boss because she's the queen and then went without a whimper, and in edge of extinction she raised the white flag almost immediately. If she came back for a fifth time I'd lose my shit.

He has some good points, great even, but it mostly seems like a babbling stream of consciousness.

The paint thing with the advantage - brilliant! Why haven't they done that sooner?
That was brilliant and probably the worst lying I've ever seen.

"You got blood in your hair?"

"Oh.. uh... I was playing the machete and did something dumb."

"Where'd you cut yourself?"

"I didn't. I just did something dumb."

Ok let's leave before we get murdered.

I guess it's just an opinion piece but that really seems just like an inane rant about how things used to be better before everyone worked out how to play.

He spends the first half of a paragraph complaining that idols, even with the extra work to unlock them, are too easy to find. Then finishes that paragraph with "memba when Parvati used two in the same tribal? That was great!"

You could very much argue that making fire is part of outplay. I like the fire challenge. It's the one thing that stops a majority from simply going through the motions in that last tribal. It gives that cockroach player that just can't be squished a chance to upset an alliance. How is making fire any less deserving than being the goat in the final 3? Did a goat who's literally just a number for a vote because they know they won't get a vote at FTC "play a better game?"

Wow. One example apparently proves Probst wrong that most, not all, of the interesting characters are male. And even Sandra's third and fourth appearances were pathetic. She sat there trying to be a mob boss because she's the queen and then went without a whimper, and in edge of extinction she raised the white flag almost immediately. If she came back for a fifth time I'd lose my shit.

He has some good points, great even, but it mostly seems like a babbling stream of consciousness.

Why they still playing for $1mill, it’s been nearly 30 years ..

That was brilliant and probably the worst lying I've ever seen.

"You got blood in your hair?"

"Oh.. uh... I was playing the machete and did something dumb."

"Where'd you cut yourself?"

"I didn't. I just did something dumb."

Ok let's leave before we get murdered.

That was a great episode the whole way through; kept me guessing to, well just before Tribal.

Rome shits me; and that’s great because that’s what has been missing the past few seasons

Gen the Lawyer is highly intelligent and self aware; expecting her to go deep in the competition

Dunno; haven’t read it since August 13

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back