Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You (I'm Gen X)

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • U(I'm Gen X)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Im hoping your not serious o_O

You dont have to win to be one of the best strategists to play. Case and point in this season with David being the best strategist but finishing 4th

I'd argue Zeke was actually the best strategist, which proves your point even further.

Apparently the reason Sierra Dawn Thomas is out there is that Natalie Anderson was a very late out.

I love the S34 cast but Natalie being out there would've made it genuinely incredible.

I love most of the S34 cast even re watching some of Cagayan Sarah has a lot to offer.
Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't the original idea to be something like pre jury vs jury vs winners? sad natalie couldn't make it...I believe they asked Danni Boatwright as well and she was actually pretty close to being put on.

I can see you have been thinking about this mate, any players you would love to see again that would have gone well with the game changer theme?

I love most of the S34 cast even re watching some of Cagayan Sarah has a lot to offer.
Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't the original idea to be something like pre jury vs jury vs winners? sad natalie couldn't make it...I believe they asked Danni Boatwright as well and she was actually pretty close to being put on.

I can see you have been thinking about this mate, any players you would love to see again that would have gone well with the game changer theme?
I know Redmond initially leaked the 40 odd they were considering which did have a few more winners on it, Danni, Kim and Earl were the others I think.

The one player for mine who should've been the first cast on this season is Richard Hatch. Would love to see him play modern Survivor so much, and he literally created the game let alone changed.

Im hoping your not serious o_O

You dont have to win to be one of the best strategists to play. Case and point in this season with David being the best strategist but finishing 4th
Yeah funny that. Being perceived as a "Strategist" by the others and thus putting a big target on your back doesn't strike me as being the best strategy to win Survivor. Subtlety in Manipulation is the best strategy. Not wanking on about how you're thinking 3 moves ahead. :stern look

Wrong. Ponderosa and post show interviews say Ken and Hannah were never getting any votes heading into final tribal. Adam was always winning
It definitely seemed the jury had their mind made up. I was pretty sure the jury wouldn't see Ken as anything more than an extension of David and I couldn't see him winning.

No matter what Hannah said you could tell it wasn't going to make a difference. Adam would try and shoot down Hannahs "dumb moves" and Hannah would return serve by saying it was her best move (which got her to the end). Michelle bringing up the fact that Hannah was on the right side of every vote during the merge should have helped Hannahs cause. That was the one thing that worked against Adam, siding with people who he couldn't rely on and he was out of the loop, so I was surprised at the landslide.

Adams story at the reunion was heartbreaking (imagine his flight was delayed, or he couldn't get an early flight :'( ) and I'm sorry for him and his family. While I don't think his sad story swayed the jury to swing the vote in his favour I don't enjoy the external stories of players coming in to the game whether it be at TC or even just confessionals.

And another returning player season (some for the 100th time).
Couldn't they find room for Boston Rob again? And where is Dreamz? He changed the game with his car reward gambit. I don't think there's been a car reward since.

I would like to see a season with all the past winners. Except Sandra, **** Sandra

Adam Klein
Michelle Fitzgerald
Jeremy Collins
Mike Holloway
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos
Tyson Apostol
John Cochran
Denise Stapley
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke
Rob Mariano
Jud "Fabio" Birza
Natalie White
James "J.T." Thomas, Jr.
Bob Crowley
Parvati Shallow
Todd Herzog
Earl Cole
Yul Kwon
Aras Baskauskas
Danni Boatwright
Tom Westman
Chris Daugherty
Amber Bkrich
Jenna Morasca
Brian Heidik
Vecepia Towery
Ethan Zohn
Tina Wesson
Richard Hatch

And another returning player season (some for the 100th time).
Couldn't they find room for Boston Rob again? And where is Dreamz? He changed the game with his car reward gambit. I don't think there's been a car reward since.

I'd forgotten all about the car reward! I thought that was pretty cool back in the day.

I also missed the Survivor auction a bit this series. They probably buggered it a bit when they started selling advantages. But you'd only have to do one series where there's no advantage and when the last thing that people hold out for is a blind "boobie prize" to add some doubt back into it.

On the earlier discussion about Adam's use of his "sob story" (for lack of a better word), I fall somewhere in the middle.

I don't believe Adam won because he told the story of his mum at the final tribal.

I do believe though that he used his mums illness for tactical gain. He used it to be able to get rid of Jay and still know to a fair degree of certainty that Jay would vote for him, as well as to build trust with Jay in case he needed it, and in case Jay found enough idols/won enough immunities to get to the end (which was a real possibility). And not knowing how the jury would fall, he absolutely used it to gain sympathy from them.

You're with these people 24 hours a day for 39 days, I'd imagine they talk a lot about their family, and they have days when they're hungry, thirsty, exhausted and mentally and emotionally wrecked (especially if your mum is at home dying from cancer.) The only reason you wouldn't bring it up would be a tactical reason. Again, I don't think it ultimately changed the end result of the game, but I think it's foolish to suggest that he didn't deliberately use his mothers illness. (It may have changed 1-2 votes, but he still wins comfortably even without those votes.)

One more thing on the earlier discussion - regardless of which side of the argument you were/are on, it is unbelievably arrogant to claim to know how anyone would or wouldn't have voted, and given we know that the final few days, including the final tribal council, were stripped back like crazy for the final episode, it's kind of ignorant to ignore the fact that everything we're shown is show for a reason. That we didn't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen - it just means that it didn't fit the shows narrative.

I would like to see a season with all the past winners. Except Sandra, **** Sandra

Adam Klein
Michelle Fitzgerald
Jeremy Collins
Mike Holloway
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos
Tyson Apostol
John Cochran
Denise Stapley
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke
Rob Mariano
Jud "Fabio" Birza
Natalie White
James "J.T." Thomas, Jr.
Bob Crowley
Parvati Shallow
Todd Herzog
Earl Cole
Yul Kwon
Aras Baskauskas
Danni Boatwright
Tom Westman
Chris Daugherty
Amber Bkrich
Jenna Morasca
Brian Heidik
Vecepia Towery
Ethan Zohn
Tina Wesson
Richard Hatch

I look at that list, and even having watched every series of Survivor except Marquesis (which I don't think was shown here), I couldn't pick half those people out of a line up.

It blows my mind that contestants on the show and people in this forum not only remember the winners, but remember heaps of other players, how they played, and who they liked and didn't like as well. (There would've been something like 300-350 different contestants over the years wouldn't there?)

I must have the worst memory of any Survivor fan in the world...

Adam Klein
Michelle Fitzgerald

Jeremy Collins
Mike Holloway
Natalie Anderson
Tony Vlachos

Tyson Apostol
John Cochran

Denise Stapley
Kim Spradlin
Sophie Clarke

Rob Mariano
Jud "Fabio" Birza
Natalie White
James "J.T." Thomas, Jr.

Bob Crowley
Parvati Shallow
Todd Herzog
Earl Cole
Yul Kwon

Aras Baskauskas
Danni Boatwright
Tom Westman
Chris Daugherty

Amber Bkrich
Jenna Morasca
Brian Heidik
Vecepia Towery
Ethan Zohn
Tina Wesson
Richard Hatch

This is just my list of who I believe would probably say Yes in the red, Blue is either finished or just no more story to go on with or in case of Todd serious problems sadly :( I put Brian in green because he was a great winner but he is seriously hated by Probst and CBS for various reasons. I think parvati is more involved with the actual show more now, so I doubt she will be back because of that, but still green for maybe.

I look at that list, and even having watched every series of Survivor except Marquesis (which I don't think was shown here), I couldn't pick half those people out of a line up.

It blows my mind that contestants on the show and people in this forum not only remember the winners, but remember heaps of other players, how they played, and who they liked and didn't like as well. (There would've been something like 300-350 different contestants over the years wouldn't there?)

I must have the worst memory of any Survivor fan in the world...

I'm much the same (have watched all except maybe 2 or 3 seasons) yet struggle to remember many of the contestants except the most well known (even if they were in a recent season).

Then there are the ones I don't want to remember...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd forgotten all about the car reward! I thought that was pretty cool back in the day.

I also missed the Survivor auction a bit this series. They probably buggered it a bit when they started selling advantages. But you'd only have to do one series where there's no advantage and when the last thing that people hold out for is a blind "boobie prize" to add some doubt back into it.

On the earlier discussion about Adam's use of his "sob story" (for lack of a better word), I fall somewhere in the middle.

I don't believe Adam won because he told the story of his mum at the final tribal.

I do believe though that he used his mums illness for tactical gain. He used it to be able to get rid of Jay and still know to a fair degree of certainty that Jay would vote for him, as well as to build trust with Jay in case he needed it, and in case Jay found enough idols/won enough immunities to get to the end (which was a real possibility). And not knowing how the jury would fall, he absolutely used it to gain sympathy from them.

You're with these people 24 hours a day for 39 days, I'd imagine they talk a lot about their family, and they have days when they're hungry, thirsty, exhausted and mentally and emotionally wrecked (especially if your mum is at home dying from cancer.) The only reason you wouldn't bring it up would be a tactical reason. Again, I don't think it ultimately changed the end result of the game, but I think it's foolish to suggest that he didn't deliberately use his mothers illness. (It may have changed 1-2 votes, but he still wins comfortably even without those votes.)

One more thing on the earlier discussion - regardless of which side of the argument you were/are on, it is unbelievably arrogant to claim to know how anyone would or wouldn't have voted, and given we know that the final few days, including the final tribal council, were stripped back like crazy for the final episode, it's kind of ignorant to ignore the fact that everything we're shown is show for a reason. That we didn't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen - it just means that it didn't fit the shows narrative.

Arrogant? Its nothing to do with the edit the show gave us, all of the jury basically said there was no way they were voting Ken or Hannah in their ponderosa interviews before the final tribal council and then confirmed again that was the case in post show interviews. Add to that the fact Hannah and Ken both said they could tell very early into tribal that they were not getting votes. Its pretty clear Adam was winning in a landslide from the beginning

This is just my list of who I believe would probably say Yes in the red, Blue is either finished or just no more story to go on with or in case of Todd serious problems sadly :( I put Brian in green because he was a great winner but he is seriously hated by Probst and CBS for various reasons. I think parvati is more involved with the actual show more now, so I doubt she will be back because of that, but still green for maybe.

Aras would play again for sure. To be honest if push came to shove i feel like they would all say yes (except Todd obviously). Parvati would be fine to come back too, she is no Julie Berry where she cant come back because she knows too much from behind the scenes. She just hosts a post show series

Aras would play again for sure. To be honest if push came to shove i feel like they would all say yes (except Todd obviously). Parvati would be fine to come back too, she is no Julie Berry where she cant come back because she knows too much from behind the scenes. She just hosts a post show series
Yeah I mean, I think they would all say yes, especially if this was a last chance season..but I'm just looking at those names except maybe Aras as you said...I just don't see what else they have left to prove or have left in terms of their legacy.
You can probably bet Rob and Cochran will be back somehow though.
But man id give anything to see the likes of Yul, Chris, Hatch and Spradlin come back and I feel like its gaining momentum.

Finally got to watch it tonight and generally agree with other posters about Hannah's game being pretty unappreciated- Adam kept laying into her for making bad moves, not realising that they were bad moves for him, but not necessarily for her, given that the lesser threats didn't have her in their final 3 plans like they did with Adam. She did get David out as planned, at a time most convenient for her.

Fishbach on the podcast made a good point re Hannah and Adam I thought. Hannah in not going with Adam's plans and voting out Sunday instead of David, actually helped Adam more than it did Hannah. If David was voted out at that time, with Jay the next to go, then you are left with Adam, Hannah, Ken, Bret, Sunday at final 5 and Adam would have been the player the rest gunned for whereas the way it played out he was able to hide behind David until the end.

Chris getting up and advocating for Adam and crediting him for getting Ken to vote David out was a stinger for Hannah. I wonder if in the unedited final tribal she actually stuck up for herself there or not, as it certainly looked like that was all Hannah's work out in the water with Ken.

Last edited:
Dont think Hannah really did a lot to convince Ken anyway, what did we actually see her doing? Neither of them were even talking in that scene in the water. Ken definitely got robbed the hardest in that scenario by getting no credit for the move he made

On the other side of the coin I'd love to see a season with players who've been medivaced, voted out with a purple rock, screwed over by a tribe shuffle or screwed over by a game twist - provided they've only played the one season.

On the other side of the coin I'd love to see a season with players who've been medivaced, voted out with a purple rock, screwed over by a tribe shuffle or screwed over by a game twist - provided they've only played the one season.

They did a semi-medivac season a little while ago. Second Chance (maybe?)

Skupin, Russell (Dark guy with dreads) ...and I feel like it was Pener, but proabably not, headed up three tribes.

I know Redmond initially leaked the 40 odd they were considering which did have a few more winners on it, Danni, Kim and Earl were the others I think.

The one player for mine who should've been the first cast on this season is Richard Hatch. Would love to see him play modern Survivor so much, and he literally created the game let alone changed.
I think they just screwed up with the theme naming for it. Lets be honest, they pick people they think make good tv, and are really popular that say yes, and that's the season.

I don't think Richard Hatch should be allowed back. Went to Jail for tax evasion, Sexually assaulting Sue Hawk in All Stars. Would probably be voted off faster than Russell was in RI as well.

Dont think going to jail for tax evasion should be any reason not to let him play. Its all about the ratings anyway and he will bring in viewers so they will have him back at some stage for an All Stars season

Chris getting up and advocating for Adam and crediting him for getting Ken to vote David out was a stinger for Hannah. I wonder if in the unedited final tribal she actually stuck up for herself there or not, as it certainly looked like that was all Hannah's work out in the water with Ken.

I only got to see the finale today & was just reading the last 5 pages of this thread waiting for someone to state & suggest this. Surely Hannah breaks out the argument that it was her who convinced Ken, after Chris (who likely had no idea) suggested it was Adam. I would have even used the lawyer angle if I was her: "You're reaching a conclusion with no proof... No wonder you've never been on a jury before". LOL. It's hard to think she would have remained silent on this (considering she couldn't shutup before it), so I reckon it's at least a 50-50 chance that it was edited out.

The other thing unmentioned thus far is how Adam cleverly left the fact about his mum until as late as possible in the Tribal Council. He even foreshadowed it in answering the 1st question, saying something like "more will be said later". While it would still have had a strong effect if he mentioned it early in TC, Ken & Hannah may have adjusted their methods a little. But saying it late gave them no chance.

They did a semi-medivac season a little while ago. Second Chance (maybe?)

Skupin, Russell (Dark guy with dreads) ...and I feel like it was Pener, but proabably not, headed up three tribes.
Yeah Philippines had Skupin, Russell Swan and Penner return, but it was only those three.
A dedicated season to hard luck stories (that haven't appeared in any other season apart from their own) could feature:
- At least 7 players evacuated out of the game. Although a couple of old blokes who went out with plumbing problems and Kourtney who broke her wrist not following Jeffs instructions probably wouldn't return.
- 3 players who drew rocks. Although I think Pascal from Marquesas is 71 and I think he's stated before he wouldn't return.
- 5 players who lost a fire making tiebreaker.
- A handful of players who were screwed by tribe shuffles.
- A handful of players screwed over by twists, including the pair that never even made a tribe Palau and Michelle Yi from Fiji.
- A handful of players who were idoled out.

Make the season twist free and gimmick free and let the players have at it. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor: Millennials v Gen X

Back