Swallow - 2 goals in 2013 thus far

Remove this Banner Ad

If ever there were going to be a few changes, it has to be tonight.

I have little faith that is the case. I think there will be minimum changes.

At Etihad we are a different team. Lets hope in 3 weeks theres life in the year yet.

I am quite bullish about Friday, I reckon that we will spank them, they won't have the talls to go with us. We need to break even in the midfield.

However if we spank them I am not sure if I will be happy or annoyed, which when you think about it is absolutely crazy, this year is a roller coaster.

Why is he behind Harvey? Boomer was a poor captain and still isn't a decent leader on the field, i'd have Swallow ahead already.

As for the OP - I think you already know the answers to your questions.

Those little legs of his carried our side for more than half a decade. He lives breathes and loves North Melbourne.

Harvey's loyalty has been past on to the team, it could be argued that he sits as a better leader of the club than Carey. Not on field, but do not under value the off field stuff.

Those little legs of his carried our side for more than half a decade. He lives breathes and loves North Melbourne.

Harvey's loyalty has been past on to the team, it could be argued that he sits as a better leader of the club than Carey. Not on field, but do not under value the off field stuff.

Don't get me wrong OF, off the field I am sure he is a champ, whilst he has played some fantastic games over the journey. Loyalty cannot be questioned.

I was only referring to his poor body language, abysmal defensive efforts, ill-disciplined acts and so on. I personally thought he was a poor captain on field is all I was referring to.

I have little faith that is the case. I think there will be minimum changes.

I am quite bullish about Friday, I reckon that we will spank them, they won't have the talls to go with us. We need to break even in the midfield.

However if we spank them I am not sure if I will be happy or annoyed, which when you think about it is absolutely crazy, this year is a roller coaster.
A realistic outcome is that we beat Carlton, Melbourne and Geelong at Etihad and end our season by losing to an underman Adelaide over there.
This is what gets all of us annoyed. Whether the boys like it or not they have 1 month to salvage something. Respect, hope, anything.

I was only referring to his poor body language, abysmal defensive efforts, ill-disciplined acts and so on. I personally thought he was a poor captain on field is all I was referring to.

He's also targeted at 35 as a player that the opposition have to shut down.

Thirty f***ing five, and he is critical to the team.

His defensive efforts against the Tigers were fine.

How about last year with the season on the line, when we went 2 players down in the first quarter, and he put the side on his shoulders and carried them across the line. How was his onfield leadership then?

Look I understand that he can appear to have the shits on field when things aren't going his way, but given that when things aren't going his way we are generally losing most of us are pissed at it too.

If we had 22 blokes that lead and were as competitive as he is, we'd rarely lose. I hope that we do have these players and they are just maturing and once they're set we win. A lot.

A realistic outcome is that we beat Carlton, Melbourne and Geelong at Etihad and end our season by losing to an underman Adelaide over there.
This is what gets all of us annoyed. Whether the boys like it or not they have 1 month to salvage something. Respect, hope, anything.

We'll beat Adelaide.

Another outcome, rather optimistic by me is that we smash Carlton tomorrow, rest a couple of blokes against Melbourne and win this. then win our remaining games for the year by beating Geelong, Adelaide, hawthorn and Collingwood (the boys will want redemption for their fade outs.) Also a victory over the bombers in the middle there to secure position 8. The main thing for us is the only travel is to AAMI stadium, and trust me that the crows supporters here in Adelaide the last thing they wanna talk about is footy. So yeah we secure 8th spot then week 1 of finals we travel to Paterson s to face Fremantle and we get spanked.

He's also targeted at 35 as a player that the opposition have to shut down.

Thirty f***ing five, and he is critical to the team.

His defensive efforts against the Tigers were fine.

How about last year with the season on the line, when we went 2 players down in the first quarter, and he put the side on his shoulders and carried them across the line. How was his onfield leadership then?

Look I understand that he can appear to have the shits on field when things aren't going his way, but given that when things aren't going his way we are generally losing most of us are pissed at it too.

If we had 22 blokes that lead and were as competitive as he is, we'd rarely lose. I hope that we do have these players and they are just maturing and once they're set we win. A lot.

Naming one game where he put in defensively (whilst ignoring all the others where he doesn't) doesn't really carry much weight. He has always been far too easily beaten with a tag, whether 35 or otherwise - plus his body language is poor when he does crack the shits as you say which is too often.

Other than that, for sure he has been a very valuable contributer, no one could argue against that.

The point I made was that I don't think Swallow is behind him as a Captain. I have never seen Harvey as a good leader on field. If you see it differently, fine. I personally think Swallow, Thommo, Cunners and Jack will be far better leaders then Harvey, Spud, Drew and Wells. Just my opinion.

Naming one game where he put in defensively (whilst ignoring all the others where he doesn't) doesn't really carry much weight. He has always been far too easily beaten with a tag, whether 35 or otherwise - plus his body language is poor when he does crack the shits as you say which is too often.

there are more this was just a recent example

The point I made was that I don't think Swallow is behind him as a Captain. I have never seen Harvey as a good leader on field. If you see it differently, fine. I personally think Swallow, Thommo, Cunners and Jack will be far better leaders then Harvey, Spud, Drew and Wells. Just my opinion.

We do.

I would have loved to have seen what Wells was capable of with the C next to his name.

Other than that, for sure he has been a very valuable contributer, no one could argue against that.

Aaron Black also, hes only played a handful of games but i think he will be a great leader to

Aaron Black also, hes only played a handful of games but i think he will be a great leader to

Agreed, seems level headed. In fact I think a few of our young guys (outside the obvious ones) have leadership material, just need more experience and confidence to bring it out.

I would have loved to have seen what Wells was capable of with the C next to his name.

I totally disagree. IMO Wells is far too insular even in his current role, let alone as Captain.

But who knows, you may have been right if it brought something out of him.

We'll beat Adelaide.
With no Dangerfield and after what happened last time, we could not sink any further then by not seeking revenge.
Whether the boys are tired or stressed if they cant get up for some redemption then they never will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is he behind Harvey? Boomer was a poor captain and still isn't a decent leader on the field, i'd have Swallow ahead already.
Swallow has been captain for half as long as Harvey, hence my "for the time being" comment. I think it's too soon to say.

You're far too hard on Harvey's captaincy and onfield leadership.

Harvey has been a fantastic player for this club and has done wonders, However i feel that now hes is 35 years old and still wanting to play all he is doing currently is holding onto a position which can be used to develope the future of the club. Last year and the year before he has won us multiple games of his own boot, but with missing the start of the year with suspension im not to sure whether he is still taking the game seriously

Harvey has been a fantastic player for this club and has done wonders, However i feel that now hes is 35 years old and still wanting to play all he is doing currently is holding onto a position which can be used to develope the future of the club. Last year and the year before he has won us multiple games of his own boot, but with missing the start of the year with suspension im not to sure whether he is still taking the game seriously

Jeezus :eyespoppingoutofmyfacelookofwonderment

Jeezus :eyespoppingoutofmyfacelookofwonderment

I just, I just, just don't understand.

He's a champion, if he doesn't slow down play him till he's 50.

How many grown man are going shed tears when he hangs up the boots? He better be holding a cup, to off set it.

I just, I just, just don't understand.

He's a champion, if he doesn't slow down play him till he's 50.

How many grown man are going shed tears when he hangs up the boots? He better be holding a cup, to off set it.

We can always make him the starting sub :) We know he can last the whole game if required early, while we can develope the youngsters. or he can be a burst player and give his all he has to offer in 20mins of play. EVERYBODY WINS!!!, Harper and others gets games under their belts and Boomer creeps closer to 400

He has always been far too easily beaten with a tag, whether 35 or otherwise

I understand the majority of what you are saying, but this is just trash.

I dont know of any other player in the AFL, who was tagged every week of his career until the age of 35 like Boomer has, every week he is the number 1 player opposition teams and coaches plan to stop. He has been shut out by taggers such as Cornes and Ling, who are greats of the game, and some of the best taggers ever. He is tagged every bloody week, and ofcoarse he gets beaten some time, but he plays a hell of a lot more good games then bad games, and for you to sit behind your computer screen and talk so negatively about such a great servant of this football club is a disgrace.

I'm just not sure if you're serious...about anything.

Swallow has been captain for half as long as Harvey, hence my "for the time being" comment. I think it's too soon to say.

You're far too hard on Harvey's captaincy and onfield leadership.

He has already gone past Harvey. Purely on the fact he has a red hot crack every week, plays both ways and does the hard stuff.

Nah, I don't think so, it seems others don't either.

If ever there were going to be a few changes, it has to be tonight.
Given it's likely that both LT and McMahon will return, I they will be the only changes. And Mullet is probably the most likely to miss through injury.

I am predicting LT, Loose in, Mullet and McKenzie out.

Swallow isn't fully fit. It's painfully obvious. He's wringing every bit of effort out of himself but the club is needlessly running him into the ground.

You can throw Wells into the same category. Starting to find it excruciating watching him deliberately not run or kick when in possession. His newfound fumbles too look an effect of not being 100%.

This has been a constant under Scott - playing unfit players. I wouldn't have thought our depth was so bad that we couldn't expose more players and get these blokes fixed up but selections say otherwise.
It's hard to know from the outer what the injuries are. With someone like Saunders, he could, for example, say that Wells's or Spitta's injuries won't get any better or worse, until they have a few months off, therefore you may as well play them, given their importance. We can't really replace either of them adequately.

I think the one bloke, with an obvious C ingrained into his forehead in Ziebell. Whether he takes it on sometime in 2016 or later, or maybe even as soon as 2014, would be a difficult decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swallow - 2 goals in 2013 thus far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back