Autopsy Swans Vs Crows Rnd 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone not convinced that something is seriously wrong at the club on the training track, go back and watch Luke Parker’s tackling efforts from the past two weeks. We can talk about his poor skills and inconsistency but one thing everyone on here can unanimously agree on is that Parker is our toughest, strongest unit behind Kennedy. He’s like an absolute bull, but lately is like a wet flannel. If he can’t lay any decent pressure, the kids certainly won’t. Serious questions need to be asked about what we are doing at training and also of our fitness staff, who have us looking like 22 blokes trying to get through their Sunday morning local match while battling a hangover.

We have bigger problems than Reid... he had 5 of our 14 tackles inside 50.

He will continue to improve with match conditioning.

To be fair to him I agree

Just think he was average

But way bigger problems

Buddy’s fitness is our biggest issue right now if he goes missing or gets puffed we are done

Umps.
Wtf ....

It frustrates me that so little is done about this. The club has to address it - either we are a dirty team or the umps are corrupt.

Apart from that I thought we went ok in patches.

Thoughts:
- Mills and Rampe have to go in the middle and live or die there. They are having very little impact right now.
- When is Florent back?
- I would consider swapping Reid and AA. Right now we have no scoreboard pressure and AA could be our man.

Overall I think our drafting has been ordinary for a few years. Where is Ling and Stoddart? What a waste of early round picks.

To be fair to him I agree

Just think he was average

But way bigger problems

Buddy’s fitness is our biggest issue right now if he goes missing or gets puffed we are done
Think we need look deeper than buddy’s fitness mate
The list to start with and dreaming that this player going to do this etc

Think we need look deeper than buddy’s fitness mate
The list to start with and dreaming that this player going to do this etc

Yep big picture I agree

But buddy is basically the only reason we got back into the game

Then he was farked and so were we

Umps.
Wtf ....

It frustrates me that so little is done about this. The club has to address it - either we are a dirty team or the umps are corrupt.

Apart from that I thought we went ok in patches.

Thoughts:
- Mills and Rampe have to go in the middle and live or die there. They are having very little impact right now.
- When is Florent back?
- I would consider swapping Reid and AA. Right now we have no scoreboard pressure and AA could be our man.

Overall I think our drafting has been ordinary for a few years. Where is Ling and Stoddart? What a waste of early round picks.
Stop bashing Florent he is only a wee boi

Last edited:
For anyone not convinced that something is seriously wrong at the club on the training track, go back and watch Luke Parker’s tackling efforts from the past two weeks. We can talk about his poor skills and inconsistency but one thing everyone on here can unanimously agree on is that Parker is our toughest, strongest unit behind Kennedy. He’s like an absolute bull, but lately is like a wet flannel. If he can’t lay any decent pressure, the kids certainly won’t. Serious questions need to be asked about what we are doing at training and also of our fitness staff, who have us looking like 22 blokes trying to get through their Sunday morning local match while battling a hangover.
Have you conveniently forgotten that we haven't had a training ground since last season? Do you think this might be a contributor to the lack of form and fitness?

Has anyone considered how well they have done just to be up and about?

I don't think the result last night was that bad. Adelaide had the rub of the green all night, not just from the umpires. We missed a lot of easy shots as well.

This wasn't like those games in the second half of last year, where the scoreboard was flattering us in very bad losses.

I think it will turn pretty quickly, starting next week against Carlton.

Agreed. We didn't play well. Our execution with the ball in hand was bad. Did we try hard? Yes, most did. Were we ever a chance to win? Strangely... yes we were. Umpiring decisions hurt us. Those decisions certainly flattered Adelaide. Yet we were not thrashed. Can we improve? Yes we can. You do not however write your team off after round two. Our team has its problems - but it is not the time for burning your membership. JPK was written off by many last week as a "has been." Let's show some respect and some faith in our boys. We are supporters not detractors.

Have you conveniently forgotten that we haven't had a training ground since last season? Do you think this might be a contributor to the lack of form and fitness?

That is most definitely not an excuse as the Swans still have our training facility, and simply not having one ground to train on means moving around a little more. It is not something that should ever be used as an excuse for how we are playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is most definitely not an excuse as the Swans still have our training facility, and simply not having one ground to train on means moving around a little more. It is not something that should ever be used as an excuse for how we are playing.
Based on what? I mean what evidence do you have that have no proper, regular training facility doesn't impact performance? Because I can find a couple of dozen papers in Google Scholar to disagree with you pretty easily. So is this just something you're saying, or something you know?

Well that is up there with "I am sorry teacher. The dog really did eat my homework."

Based on what? I mean what evidence do you have that have no proper, regular training facility doesn't impact performance? Because I can find a couple of dozen papers in Google Scholar to disagree with you pretty easily. So is this just something you're saying, or something you know?

I always enjoy it when posters cry out "where's the evidence?". You came up with the initial contention. It would be handy if you offered evidence.

I always enjoy it when posters cry out "where's the evidence?". You came up with the initial contention. It would be handy if you offered evidence.
Mate, every school and local sporting group puts forward one of these papers every time they want a new ground. It's not new, nor is it scarce... I'm sure you could find them if you had a look..

Well that is up there with "I am sorry teacher. The dog really did eat my homework."
Nothing to do with dogs or homework... but as a contributor as to why we might be out of form and/or fitness, I think it's a reasonable contention. Happy for you to disagree...

Nothing to do with dogs or homework... but as a contributor as to why we might be out of form and/or fitness, I think it's a reasonable contention. Happy for you to disagree...

I do disagree. Cheers

No, McVeigh won’t play next year. Buddy and Kennedy are the wrong side of 30. Rampe isn’t the player he once was. Lloyd doesn’t hurt the opposition enough. Reid should be trade bait at years end. The Clam is a foot soldier.

Couldn't agree more. Looks more like the player who was playing VFL Reserves for Williamstown. Oh ! And Btw he is Captain.

Couldn't agree more. Looks more like the player who was playing VFL Reserves for Williamstown. Oh ! And Btw he is Captain.

I thought Ramps was better last night. He was insipid against Footscray. I wish he played HB. He (and Lloyd) is always buried in D50 where the scope for the run and gun for which he was once celebrated is constricted.

The umps can't cost you a game if you produce enough chances to overcome the set backs of a rough free kick count, or a missed opportunity here and there.

Bald facts are:

We kicked 1 goal in 2 qtrs last week.

We kicked 1 goal in 2 qtrs this week.

We failed to kick 80 pts both weeks.

Last year we only kicked 100 pts three(?) times was it?

Sadly, until we play in a manner capable of generating 100pts in a game regularly we're just rebuilding.

It's not season over, though. Team just needs to focus on the positives and fix what we have control over.

The melts are going off. But there will come a time where perspective will kick in and we start supporting the team like a bottom 8 team. Where 8 wins a season will be considered a great year. Just like Richmond and Collingwood did from 2011 to 2016, sticking fat with their coaches despite bandwagons to get them out.

After last night our only hope of turning things around quickly is if blokes like Florent and Clarke go from C grade players to A grade in a single preseason. Aka like a Shane Edwards who was arguably D grade 3 years ago. Our playing group is miles off. I still have faith that it will still be a smooth transition, there are positives. But it's going to be a longgg couple of years. Just enjoy and analyse the ride without having to lose your shit all the time. It's just footy, enjoy it for what it is, accept you're going to be at the bottom sometimes no need to get depressed over it. We ain't winning a premiership any time soon so no need to sack horse today, give him the next couple years to try and rebuild, then we can decide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans Vs Crows Rnd 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back