AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Richmond 12:35pm Saturday 14th Sept Coffs Harbour

Remove this Banner Ad

Our women did very well to stabilise the contest around the ground, even if they didn’t make any inroads on the scoreboard.

The most obvious difference between the teams is that final kick into 50m. The Richmond players can hit up a target; ours kick and hope.

If Brennan could kick even half as well as she marks she’d be just about the best player in the team.

Think what i said during the week is just being highlighted today. We only have 3-4 truly contested grunt players in Morphett, Molloy, Kennedy and Hamilton. Only 1 of them is out there and we are getting smoked. Need Montana Ham to build into a pack busting player next year. Honestly it will be a tough year but chucking Ham the keys could be crucial for future years imo. Also think others have highlighted that our depth after 3-4 are out is truly poor but anyway we move on and try and take something out of the game

I think we might be struggling to make the 8 this year given our injuries and tougher draww.

Even before this last result I had already posted likewise. After this result and with our injuries, I think we can now forget about playing finals this season. We haven't improved enough, despite the club's investment in getting us to play all the VFLW games etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Richmond 12:35pm Saturday 14th Sept Coffs Harbour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back