Swap first round picks and give you a second rounder for O'Keefe?

Remove this Banner Ad

windows

All Australian
Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Not a troll.

I think we would want to stay in the first round and this achieves that for Carlton but improves your postion. This improves your position, and gives you another pick to boot.

He is a gun but he is also 28 before next season after all. What say you?

Not a troll.

I think we would want to stay in the first round and this achieves that for Carlton but improves your postion. This improves your position, and gives you another pick to boot.

He is a gun but he is also 28 before next season after all. What say you?

Where are you going to get a second rounder to give us? You are going to use your second rounder to get Warnock. You may even be out your third rounder in that deal.

You have no players that you would be willing to trade that would benifit Sydney. Therefore the first round pick is all you have.

wouldn't be dissappointed with that, given last uninterrupted draft

will give us a genuine chance of getting sidebottom

wouldn't be dissappointed with that, given last uninterrupted draft

will give us a genuine chance of getting sidebottom

Do we particularly want Sidebottom? As good as he is, he's exactly the sort of player we already have a huge abundance of. I would think a Yarran/Cornelius double with Carlton's first and second rounders would be a better result.

Do we particularly want Sidebottom? As good as he is, he's exactly the sort of player we already have a huge abundance of. I would think a Yarran/Cornelius double with Carlton's first and second rounders would be a better result.

So are they saying Pick 6+Pick 24
for O'keefe + Pick12
Personally i would rather sydney get an upgrade of 2nd round instead and a player
Like this trade-
Pick 6+Pick 24 + Cameron Cloke for O'Keefe+pick 12+Pick 30
Looks a bit better to me:)

So are they saying Pick 6+Pick 24
for O'keefe + Pick12
Personally i would rather sydney get an upgrade of 2nd round instead and a player
Like this trade-
Pick 6+Pick 24 + Cameron Cloke for O'Keefe+pick 12+Pick 30
Looks a bit better to me:)

Yeah, but would Carlton be willing to do that? If I was Carlton, I would see Cloke as a required player. Their ruck stocks are young, and even if Kreuzer and Hampson do really step it up next year, Cloke is still a very handy CHF, which is a position Carlton need to fill desperately. I would think they would be more willing to offload a midfielder. However, I'm not sure there is a midfielder at Carlton of a similar trade value to Cloke with the attributes we need.

I reckon we could do the original deal, and then maybe get another young fringe player from Carlton in as a long shot. Betts might be an option in that case.

this would be a good deal,

pick 6 + pick 24 + dennis armfield = pick 12 + pick 30 + O'keefe

i like dennis armfield, because he can replace kennelley at chb and bolton can permanently move to fb, where he would do much better.

it is important to remmber our problem is also in defence, like it is in attack.
we dont need cloke because he is another hack and will clog up people like jesse white and our ruck stocks are well covered, with jolly's peak 3 seasons yet to come.

pick 6 we should use it on someone like sidebottom, ziebell, yarran and the likes.

pick 24 will allow us to get someone like cornelius/klemke, but cornelius would be a more pressing concern.

we could then blackmail essendon by giving them our 3rd pick for lovett, if he really wants to change his ways. i seriously beleive lovett can replace o'keefe if he puts his mind to it like medhurst, but it will be a HUGE risk.

i want sidebottom/yarran, cornelius, lovett and klemke with our 4 th pick as he might fall.

If we could get Kerr and the WCE 2nd round pick for pick 6 I would be interested. In essence we get Kerr and Pick 18 for O'keefe and pick 12 not a bad deal. Kerr is 25 and would be great for the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could get Kerr and the WCE 2nd round pick for pick 6 I would be interested. In essence we get Kerr and Pick 18 for O'keefe and pick 12 not a bad deal. Kerr is 25 and would be great for the Swans.

The word is that Kerr is close to signing with the Eagles again, but that's probably as reliable as any other information we've read this past week.

Pick 6 and Bentick
for
11 and Okeefe?

no. we get ripped off. plus we have pick 12 not 11.

pick 6+ armfield + pick 24 = pick 12 + o'keefe + (pick 30 = were being generous).

we dont need bentick, we have jack, moore and bird to do that better than him.

armfield yes, because i rate him very highly.

brad fisher is a borderline hack and pick 56 is worthless.

we need to swap 2nd round pick along with the first rounds and then either cloke or preferably armfield.

i heard armfield is a rugby union boy, so he wont find himself bored in a rugby town.

we need to swap 2nd round pick along with the first rounds and then either cloke or preferably armfield.

i heard armfield is a rugby union boy, so he wont find himself bored in a rugby town.

Not meaning to stir (well, only a bit!), but Ryan O'Keefe himself was taken at pick 56. :p

But still, not a good deal.

I have to say, I don't mind Fisher too much, and he plays a similar sort of style to O'Keefe when O'Keefe plays forward. He doesn't play it nearly as well, but he goes alright.

How about Ryan O'Keefe, pick 12
for
Pick 6, pick 24 (that's Carlton's second rounder, right?), Brad Fisher

So that's basically O'Keefe for pick 24 and Fisher, with a slightly upgraded first rounder.

i doubt fisher would really figure in the trade in any capacity

carlton are gonna want to alleviate as much pressure as they can from fev... so i doubt they will trade a forward

I think Fisher is quite a bit better than a hack. I watch 6-7 games per week (mostly miss the Sunday arvo match) so I've seen a fair bit of him and he is a great mark contested or otherwise and I see value in getting a player like that in our forward line.

However respect your opinion and am only tryibng to delude myself in regards to this trade and who might stop me sooking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swap first round picks and give you a second rounder for O'Keefe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back